Everything posted by Mephisto
-
kendall close to being gone
Well I dont think the Pirates will be paying much of Kendall's contract. Both Redman and Rhodes make a good amount of money. Redman 2005: $ 4.25 2006: $ 4.95 Rhodes 2005: $ 3.07 2006: $ 3.07 Kendall 2005: $ 9.50 2006: $10.50 2007: $12.50 621474[/snapback] yea they wont, they'll be getting small amounts of money from the A's in 05 and 06 and then will have to make a payment to the A's to help pay kendall's 07 salary this is according to ESPN
-
Boston: No Go on Pavano?
oh hell. i was still hoping he would stay. silly me. id rather him go to philly than the yanks. 621586[/snapback] Are you sure you are a Marlin fan? 621597[/snapback] why are you all on the girls business. pavano is a goner, and she has a right to state what she thinks. last time i cheked, she has freedom of speech. i dont like the yankees either. Id prefer him anywhere but there. 621610[/snapback] But to the Phils? In my mind if you a marlins fan you want him to go anywhere BUT there. I HATE the Phils and I would hate Pavs if he went there, because that would be like rubing it in. I mean not only does he leave but he leaves us for our biggest rivals.
-
what do u think of this bullpen ?
if we sign either Antonio Alfonseca or steve kline/any other good lefty out there we'll have a hell of a bullpen
-
Notes and Good-byes of the offseason
If we did that, we'd be going the way of KC's experiment last season. Southpaws majority, right hand flame throwers minority. 621451[/snapback] The difference with that being that you have a former CY Young winner (Zito), a hard tossing lefty who finds ways to win (Leiter), a crafty lefty who is still improving (Trelle), and then two of the best pitchers in the game when healthy (AJ and Josh). The only question would be, who the hell starts Opening Day? 621462[/snapback] If the marlins get Zito, i rather get Leibeir instead. But under that scenerio you mentioned Zito would be the opening day starter: 1. Zito 2. AJ 3. Leiter 4. Josh 5. Willis
-
For the Gibbons people
That laser surgery could mean more walks and less strikeouts, If the O's non-tender him we should sign and trade off Encarnacion for some bullpen help.
-
Indians no longer looking at Armando
Give him 3/15 dammit 621105[/snapback] didnt he make $6mil last year? 621112[/snapback] no, he made 3.5mil
-
I assume Benitez turned down the Indians
I dont think the Indians will pursue Benitez any longer since they just resigned Wickman, maybe they will but I think it will be unlikely. What other teams have expressed interest in Armando?
-
Jeremi Gonzalez?
If you look at Jeremi's numbers you'll see he has being up and down throughtout his career, and i have a feeling next year he'll do alot better specially if he comes to the NL where hitters havent faced him as much. Im not saying he'll be an all-star but he could be a solid fifth starter
-
Kris Bensen signs
With Benson getting this kind of deal, Pavano will surely get over 10 million a year
-
Len just wrote to me about Chicago
Congrats to the guy. Best reason to take that job: WGN. Not because Chicago>Miami. WGN is all over the country and its tough to pass up on that exposure. 618567[/snapback] I agree, but i think the fact that hes from the midwest also had to do something with it. Who could blame him for leaving? He goes to WGN, a great opportunity for him, and is now closer to his hometown and family.
-
Washington Acquires Guillen from Angels
I was thinking of cheap of some good OF who should be cheap and i the name Raul Mondesi came to mind. I know he's a headache but so is Guillen and he could be worth it. 618574[/snapback] guillen is MUCH better than Mondesi no thanks 618577[/snapback] did i say he was better than Guillen? Im just saying hes a cheap option that the marlins could look at. He has a rocket arm and he has shown in the past that he can hit.
-
Washington Acquires Guillen from Angels
I was thinking of cheap of some good OF who should be cheap and i the name Raul Mondesi came to mind. I know he's a headache but so is Guillen and he could be worth it.
-
Kendry Morales, Marlins tid-bit
damn it sucks to not have a rich owner... 617670[/snapback] Not really, whoever pays that much for an unproven player is simply stupid
-
Pavano's New Demand
617544[/snapback][/right] I agree pudge had already made buch of money compare to what pavano has earned to this point, I believe pavano has never made more than four million a year...Is not fair to compare his situation to that of pudge's
-
Should of kept penny and
looking back at it now, that would of been the better choice of course, obviously we couldnt of known the out come of the season and pavano's free agency demands. but despite all that, penny should have stayed either way IMHO. he's a promising young pitcher. and we began to see him mature in 04, and it showed. and then theres pavano who can very well be yet another one year wonder. 617198[/snapback] Don't going calling Pavano a one year wonder just because you don't like the fact that he wants to get a little something out of all this. I don't blame him for wanting to get the best deal available. He's worked for everything he has now, stuck it out and was patient until his time came. The fact that people are trashing him just because he wants to get what he deserves is awful. He's got all the intangibles of a fantastic PITCHER, and I am almost certain he's going to be successful for a long, long time. 617573[/snapback] I dont thats hating on Pavano, he could very be a one year wonder. Hes not a power pitcher and if he goes to team like Boston is very likely he will. If he stays here or goes to a team like the Angels or the Yankees he may be better off. We'll just have to wait and see how he does next year.
-
Disconcerting Article
signing El Duque will also be a very popular move....
-
Marlins Wish List
When has Alfonseca had a non-Mazzone aided good year? 617143[/snapback] in 1999 and 2001
-
Spanish short stories
anyone know of any a short storie in spanish by and hispanic author? If you do please tell me where to find them on the internet
-
marlins offer 4 year 32 million contract to pavano
8 million isn't overpriced 613265[/snapback] I agree, I think thats what he deserves anything more would be over paying, if he ever truelly wanted to stay here he'll take that deal, but i could see the marlins having to offering him one more year
-
Rudy Seanez
I rather have the ice man
-
Winter Skin
the new skin i awesome Admin :thumbup , omg its so cold here in miami...right now 73 degrees :plain i got a cold thanks to the stupid change of weather, i get sick every freakin november or december 612603[/snapback] Thats cold for you????!!!!
-
Advertisements on Sites
theres no way to get rid of that. The only one that can is the webmaster of that particular site.
-
Mourning asks Nets for buyout
it has nothing to do with the spurs sheff it has all to do with what is wrong with the NBA...players saying they demand this and that even though they have a signed contract with another organization. If you dont want to be somewhere...dont sign a contract there in the first place. Not that difficult. You cant have it both ways....if you want the money, take it. If you want to win, take less money to play for a winner. Rarely can you have your cake and eat it. Shaq demanding a trade because of that little boy named Kobe is one thing. Every other 'superstar' in this league just about wanting a trade also is silly. Why do you think everything I say about this league revolves around the Spurs? Because I'm a Spur fan? The league does not revolve around making things 'easy' for my team. 610338[/snapback] I agree, but you also have to understand that any game could be Mourning's last, he just wants to win one championship. Plus hes going to pay the nets so that let him go.
-
Phillies to name Manuel Manager
should we try to get Leyland back? if so would we be a better team with him? 607937[/snapback] he wants to stay in the north east, near his home.
- Baseball in the 30's