Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Choi's Spring.

Featured Replies

This guy has had a very good Spring Training, yet I still see people hating on him. The guy has yet to play a regular season game and people on here want to bench him already. Let me open your eyes, I posted this as a reply in another thread and I am posting it here because I am tired of seeing those Choi Haters.

 

lets look at Choi's numbers this spring...

 

AB 59

H 17

2B 5

3B 1

HR 4

RBI 14

SLG .610

AVG .288

 

 

That's good in my book.

 

I wouldn't call that SUPERSTAR like, but for a guy like Choi coming into a new team a new system, those are VERY respectable numbers for ST.

 

IN FACT, he is 2nd on the TEAM in RBI's this ST, behind only Cabs 15.

 

 

You still want to bench him?

[ Choi haters ]

A good spring doesn't mean anything.

But we'd be up in arms if he did struggle this spring.

[ / Choi haters ]

:marlins wow.

 

I thought he had like 8 rbi's and hitting like 250.

 

I am surprised and impressed.

 

I'm still a hater but not as much.

 

Do i actully like choi now?

 

ah...just a little.

 

 

:marlins

  • Author

My post does not imply that I think he will be GREAT this season. He may very well struggle and perform poorly. But my point was that he HAS performed well in ST and there is no reason for anyone to HATE him thus far. If anything we should all be excited about the fact that he had a good spring and hope that it carries into the regular season and that he can continue to improve at the plate.

Got Choi?

I'm not the biggest fan of him either which is why the acquisition of Cordero is even better that way when the big man struggles then we'll have a backup that's more then capable of filling in.

  • Author

I'm not the biggest fan of him either which is why the acquisition of Cordero is even better that way when the big man struggles then we'll have a backup that's more then capable of filling in.

"when the big man struggles" way to be positive there, and you dislike him why? Cause he is new to the league and he has looked pretty good witht he Marlins thus far. So I ask you, why is it you dislike him?

  • Author

Choi looks great out there he's good such a nice swing, I think the kid is going to have a great career in this league.

I agree, I hope he does well. I have faith that he will produce. I just get upset at some people around here who already have him struggling, basing everything on what he has done with the Cubs. Because I know they are not using ST as their basis.

Choi looks great out there he's good such a nice swing, I think the kid is going to have a great career in this league.

I agree, I hope he does well. I have faith that he will produce. I just get upset at some people around here who already have him struggling, basing everything on what he has done with the Cubs. Because I know they are not using ST as their basis. I chose not to make a judgement on him until I saw him in person because I was not familiar with the guy, but I've seen him in 2 games so far this spring and from what I've seen the guy is super talented offensively and defensively.

I admit the first day I saw him I was not very impressed. But as ST has progressed, so has Choi. I have much greater confidence in him now, and believe he will do just fine this year.

First, who cares about RBIs? Second, list the walks and OBP!

Aren't those a given for Choi?

I'm becoming a big fan of Choi. And I think after a while, everyone will be too.

I'm a big believer in Choi as well. Here's to a great year for the big guy :cheers

High on Choi: In time, McKeon sees greatness in first baseman Hee Seop Choi.

 

"He's improving and he has a lot of potential," McKeon said of the 25-year-old Korean native. "He hasn't put it all together yet, but he's getting close."

 

Choi, acquired in a trade with the Cubs for Gold Glover Derrek Lee, provides the lone power hitting left-handed bat in the lineup.

 

"With him, you have to be patient," McKeon said. "The guy hasn't played that much."

 

A few years ago, McKeon remembers seeing Choi play for the Cubs.

 

"I thought the Cubs were going to have some kind of big bomber there," McKeon said.

c/o Floridamarlins.com

First, who cares about RBIs? Second, list the walks and OBP!

 

lolol, Sham...and I had hoped another year would have mellowed you out good buddy.

Like Jack says, you have to be patient with him. I think Choi is going to be a fine player when all is said and done. I think he put together a very good spring. I cant wait to see how he hits at JRS. I like him a lot.

Choi is going to be a pleasant surprise this year for the Marlins. He's got a beautiful left handed swing comparable to one of the most underrated players of all time, Raphael Palmeiro.

 

I for one wished the Marlins would not have fooled around with trying to re-sign Pudge and concentrated more on D-Lee. His hitting wasn't all too timely, but his glove definately was. I can recall about fifteen - twenty short hop balls tossed by Lowell from third which the human vacuum cleaner never failed to scoop. I hope Choi does a respectable job in his place defensively, but I feel his left handed stick will be very valuable in the middle of the lineup.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.