Fish with the sweep

Ramp

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Castro continues to disappoint in big situations - at this point, I want Red to be the starting catcher with Castro backing up. I know the power wont be there like with Castro, but I think we can take our chances with the power (Lowell, Cabs, Choi, Conine) - I'll take Red's clutch hitting and good batting average.

On a complete team note: Great start! What a true pleasure to watch our games and feel the Marlins Pride!

We were just lucky those Phillies weren't hitting - at least that's what BBTN says. It's the Phillies aren't acheiving not that the Marlins are. Grrrrrrr.

You would never know we just swept them with our fourth and fifth starters and Beckett. If you listen to BBTN Beckett must of pitched all three games.

Castro continues to disappoint in big situations - at this point, I want Red to be the starting catcher with Castro backing up. I know the power wont be there like with Castro, but I think we can take our chances with the power (Lowell, Cabs, Choi, Conine) - I'll take Red's clutch hitting and good batting average.

On a complete team note: Great start! What a true pleasure to watch our games and feel the Marlins Pride!

I also prefer Redomon'd's hitting before Castro, I firmly believe he should be our starting catcher. As of the games in Puerto Rico, I'm not sure if they're going to be televised or not, the Mets-Expos series was televised and in mlb.tv

Abe was bad today, he didn't even get get a hit...where''s all the people that said we should've traded him for a bullpen arm when his value was high??? :whistle As others warned, he isn't that good during the season.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Certain players hit well in Spring and it doesn't carry over - others hit well in the minors but can't seem to get it going in the majors. (Spring and AAA do NOT equal MLB Regular Season)

Time will tell on Abe and Castro...........

Red? Proven at the plate. I say start him. But I'm sure Jack knows exactly what he is doing! In Jack we trust.

Armado is amazing going out there for four straight games and getting the job done. Not many guys can go out there and do that.

BTW: What was the total attendance for this first homestand?

Total attendance for the 6-game homestand was 181,023, which is an average of 30,170.

Where are all those media guys who said "okay they had a big opening day, let's see who shows up the rest of the homestand".

It's just been an unbelievably great week on so many counts. :thumbup

IT's been 6 games!!!!! We all know castro can hit, there are 162 games for a reason...

Abe was bad today, he didn't even get get a hit...where''s all the people that said we should've traded him for a bullpen arm when his value was high???

Sicne when are you trash when you don't get a hit in ONE game.

Calm down, we'll start talkin about position changes when our performence starts to decline at least and maybe when we're atleast a month into the season.

my thoughts are this:

1) pitching looks great

2) bullpen likes good, but I still feel nervous with them in there

3) offense is terrible right now, and I feel the biggest thing missing so far from last season was hitting with RISP (from Pudge).

4) as good as we look, we must remember that we are playing at home. It's a different story on the road. Let's hope the trend continues though.

You could see Benitez was wearing down. Not that his velocity was suffering, but just about all of his final pitches were up. The last pitch was ball four at the letters that Lieberthal popped up.

Benitez has been tough, but how can he be expected to pitch every single night? :confused

Nice to see Phelps clutch when we needed. :thumbup

All of Bumps pitches were either outside, or barely painting the black on the outside. McKeon's little talk with him didn't do a thing to get him going. But Jack wasted no time getting him out of there with Thome coming up.

Guest Juanky

Juanky's Stadium Notes for the SWEEEEEEEEEP:

- Juanpy has dropped off a little bit against the Phils, but he still is oozing awesomeness.

- I was very unimpressed with Nu?ez today, but it was only one game. Didn't see the ball well at all. Nice throw to home though.

- Pitcher's duels are a wonderful thing. Baseball at its finest.

- Millwood did not do as well as the boxscore shall show. Yes, he only gave up the two homers, and the run that was charged to him when Choi scored. But we were smoking the ball all day. The Phillie fan behind me had to have had about 17 different heart attacks when one of our hitters sent another massive shot foul.

- Josh Beckett continues his mastery of the world. It's the hair I tell you.

- Miguel's shot to center was BLASTED. It looked like a routine fly out that just kept going and going and going.....kind of like Choi's second jack yesterday.

- The defense is really getting comfortable with Choi at first base. They aren't putting as much time into the throws, because they've seen Choi stretch to get them.

- Armando Benitez is a f***ing animal. 99 once and 98 three times after having thrown three days previous. Amazing. Man is the real f***ing deal.

- Well, we have four reliable arms in the pen at the moment. We are going to need another righty to step up though. I think if Bump continues to pitch iffy you'll see a Mike Neu or Ben Howard sighting by early May.

- 6/6 QS

- Alex is showing patience at the plate. This team is going to bust out in a BIG way soon. Hopefully they save some of that fun for Philly this weekend.

- Kinda fun scoring so many runs on the bullpen that was supposed to turn water into wine, cure the ill, and give sight to the blind.

- I know it wasn't a save situation, but Wagner really wasn't that impressive.

- The pen loves it when the crowd does the wave.

- Overall almost the whole offense has become patience. Amazing how much more patience has been summoned since Opening Day

I'll write up a thread with some notes on the series later on.

I'm lovin' the love for Benitez, but remember, we're pretty much renting him this year. I don't see him re-signing with us, especially if he has a monster year, which could bump his price tag up to over $4 mil. But I don't think anyone in the system is ready to take over either.

Armando would take a price cut because Miami is a good place for him. No one will pay him because all the teams that could afford him are in high pressure situations and all the low pressure teams can't pay him.

Price cut? Didn't we learn anything from Pudge? We shall see...let's finish the year first.

Armando would take a price cut because Miami is a good place for him. No one will pay him because all the teams that could afford him are in high pressure situations and all the low pressure teams can't pay him.

Price cut? Didn't we learn anything from Pudge? We shall see...let's finish the year first. I'm all for that.