Baseball Tonight 10 PM

rferry

Nice piece.

They did find ways for their little jabs. Expo's poor hitting and that our next nine games will be tough (did we not sweep everyone's favorite Phillies?).

Uh, the Expos are a poor hitting team.

And the next nine games will be tough.

Those aren't jabs, they're facts.

Nice piece.

They did find ways for their little jabs. Expo's poor hitting and that our next nine games will be tough (did we not sweep everyone's favorite Phillies?).

Uh, the Expos are a poor hitting team.

And the next nine games will be tough.

Those aren't jabs, they're facts. Are the next nine tougher? Yes, but the last nine weren't cupcakes.

The Expos may be in the cellar of the NL East at the end of the year, but they're better or on-par with six or seven NL teams.

The Phillies were everyone's favorite to win the NL East, and we swept them.

The Expos may be in the cellar of the NL East at the end of the year, but they're better or on-par with six or seven NL teams.

I don't think it'd be very hard at all to make a case for the Expos being the worst team in Major League Baseball.

In fact, I think they are.

And I'm not saying that to minimalize our start at all, I just think that there's 29 teams in MLB better than them.

I see us winning 7 or 8 of the next 9.

All of our pitching match ups will continue to look favorable.

Wright is known for lacking control, particularly if we can rattle him early. If Oliver can hit his spots like his last outing, then;

Oliver>Wright

Beckett>Ortiz

Penny>Hampton

give me something willya guys- i'm stuck up here in bum-freakin' new hampshire with no cable

what are they saying?

Jeff Brantley gave a ton of credit to Wayne Rosenthal, and they did a nice comparison showing Beckett and Pavano in particular throwing a couple of years ago, and how they're throwing now.

Explained how Beckett's simplified his pitching motion, doesn't fall off towards 1st base as much & his biggest step was learning to throw his offspeed pitches for strikes.

If you look at Pavano vs his early Expos days, his delivery has become pretty jerky actually, but it's working, and he's been keeping the ball down which is the key for him.

Brantley made a comment that the Marlins staff gave it to him pretty good after he didn't include them in his list of the top rotations before the season. :mischief

Someone (Kurkjian I think) also mentioned how Choi's swing reminds him a little of John Olerud.

Great piece overall. I think Jeff Brantley's terrific on BBTN by the way. Where's Rob Dibble been? BWAHAHAHAHAHA you suck Dibble. :chair

That was an excellent little piece by Brantley talking about Rosenthal. This man has had such a huge impact on the young pitchers or at least it seems. All of them were generally throw it as hard as you can type pitchers, but now it is more finese in locating spots and working in the offspeed stuff.

give me something willya guys- i'm stuck up here in bum-freakin' new hampshire with no cable

what are they saying?

Jeff Brantley gave a ton of credit to Wayne Rosenthal, and they did a nice comparison showing Beckett and Pavano in particular throwing a couple of years ago, and how they're throwing now.

Explained how Beckett's simplified his pitching motion, doesn't fall off towards 1st base as much & his biggest step was learning to throw his offspeed pitches for strikes.

If you look at Pavano vs his early Expos days, his delivery has become pretty jerky actually, but it's working, and he's been keeping the ball down which is the key for him.

Brantley made a comment that the Marlins staff gave it to him pretty good after he didn't include them in his list of the top rotations before the season. :mischief

Someone (Kurkjian I think) also mentioned how Choi's swing reminds him a little of John Olerud.

Great piece overall. I think Jeff Brantley's terrific on BBTN by the way. Where's Rob Dibble been? BWAHAHAHAHAHA you suck Dibble. :chair

Thanks Hot, much appreciated. :thumbup