Oliver Sucks!!!!!

ScottCane

Scott Cane, you obviously did not watch the marlins at all until around september last year, but putting that aside, show som god damn respect. this guy had a great outing last saturday and had a solid outing today, but just let a few get away from him, i bet you think we should bench conine too, from now on, do everyone a favor and do not talk

Guest marlins02

he's our 5th f***ing starter for God sakes. God damn, so much f***ing overreaction.

"oh s***, he didnt carry a no hitter into the 5th inning. get rid of him."

it wasnt as much the pitching as it was our offense that lost us this game. i mean our bullpen came in and held up the braves to just one run. if the marlins offense did what they were paid to do you know DRIVE IN RUNS, then no doubt we would have won

~Le0

It's funny and frustrating, cause anytime we LOSE it means we did not perform to well. So here comes everyone saying *INSERT PLAYER* SUCKS!

This is baseball we are gonna loose some and when we do loose there are gonna be players that had bad nights. GET USED TO IT! We only lost by 1 RUN we'll get em tommarow!

Guest Juanky

Oliver cannot be blamed for tonight's loss. Yes, he served up two homers, but not only were they to good hitters (there is no excuse for mistakes, but it is some comfort they weren't hit by garbage people) but they were his only mistakes of the night. He left two pitches out there, they guessed right, they blasted it. End of story. He pitched extremely well, and his pitches were moving alot better than they were in his previous start, but sometimes you lose when you deserve to win and win when you deserve to lose (ask Mr. Wright, he knows both angles against the Fish).

This game showed us how anemic our offense has been. Juanpy continues to struggle, he is pressing. Conine is starting to take some pitches, which is a good thing to do when you are slumping, but he is chasing pitches outside of the strike zone that he shouldn't be chasing, as our alot of the hitters. Alex is making solid contact, he will break out soon. Red was a little unlucky that Eli was playing the line in the 8th if not this is a different outcome. Choi and Cabrera are the only two patient hitters in the lineup right now, and it is no surprise they are the only two producing consistently. I think Bill needs to take these guys aside and do something, because they aren't playing anywhere close to what they could and should be doing. This offense is better than last year's and it is playing like if it were wearing Dodger blue.

The hitters are all pressing, swinging at bad stuff. We got lucky we even scored 4 runs today, we didn't deserve them. If the left side of the infield for the Braves played like the right side we wouldn't be talking about this being a tough loss, we would have been blown out.

Don't think we are the only ones noticing the offensive slump. The Braves gave Miguel all of two pitches to hit tonight, and he couldn't capitalize so his hit streak came to an end. Choi didn't get much to hit either, but he is patient enough to take the walk.

Lost in this is the fact that Nate Bump did awesome tonight. Put down all 6 men he saw, and he didn't face slouches either. The pen is getting more and more confident, you can see it in their eyes everytime they come out. This can only make things better.

Don't worry though. Josh and Brad tomorrow and Sunday. We'll need all of two more runs to win this series.

Sorry abou the post, I wasn't really personally attacking anyone nor did I insult anyone. I was just pissed that people OVERREACT so much and I vented with a post... Anyways we are 8-2 still a good start to the season. No need for all this talk, lets jsut focus on tommarow we got our ACE going should be an exciting game. I just can't stand all the negativity around here!