Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm gonna be unpopular

Featured Replies

Dime is our best pitcher right now.

 

 

 

Yes even better than Josh.

 

 

 

This is how I rank our starters....

 

 

 

Dime

Josh

Carl

Willis

bat boy

ball girl

fan in the stands

grandma

peanut seller

loria

little baby

drunk teenager

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oliver

 

 

 

 

discuss.

Dime is our best pitcher right now.

 

 

 

Yes even better than Josh.

 

 

 

This is how I rank our starters....

 

 

 

Dime

Josh

Carl

Willis

bat boy

ball girl

fan in the stands

grandma

peanut seller

loria

little baby

drunk teenager

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oliver

 

 

 

 

discuss.

Agreed

 

I still think that Josh has more talent, but Penny is putting things together very nicely.

how can you be unpopular at this point right now?

 

it would be pretty much impossible to argue with you over this

  • Author

I also think it would be a mistake to let Carl walk when he becomes a free agent.

 

 

 

We take him for granted.

 

 

 

He has learned to pitch at the big league level. It took him a while to figure it out...but he is very valuable to this team and would probably be a 3 man on 80% of the teams in this league.

Seems like you're Mr. Popularity now.

 

Can I be the drunk teen? Maybe the guy two ranks up will sign me. :cheers

  • Author

how can you be unpopular at this point right now?

 

it would be pretty much impossible to argue with you over this

b/c people seem to treat josh here the same way spur fans usually treat tim duncan.

 

 

 

that they can do no wrong and seem to 'ignore' his shortcomings.

I really see the Drunk Teenager going up a couple of spots ... he has been pitching well lately.

 

and call me crazy but I think peanut seller and little baby will fall dead last and Oliver will go up a few spots as well

 

:lol

I really see the Drunk Teenager going up a couple of spots ... he has been pitching well lately.

My slurve has been working well lately.

 

Wait, I don't throw that...

 

My CURVE...

 

Yea, that's it! Curve...

 

Or is it?

 

Whatever

 

*takes another shot*

I don't know, that peanut guy has a h*lluva knucklecurve. I might want to move him up on the list.

 

Seriously, Penny still doesn't have that presense, that swagger thing he's so famous for in the clubhouse, on the mound. He doesn't seem to intimidate batters the way a Clemens still does or a Kevin Brown used to. Beckett is intimidating when he's on. AJ, back in the day (lol), always had it. Dempster never did.

 

Personally I think it's time for him to switch to long pants.

Brad Penny also probably should of been CoMVP of the world series last fall.

 

 

 

He was just as good as Josh....but becuase Josh had the shutout in game 6 he got it.

 

 

And that was the ONLY reason he got it.

Penny deserved an MVP as well, but what Josh did in the house that Ruth built, was something you don't see every year

Brad Penny also probably should of been CoMVP of the world series last fall.

 

 

 

He was just as good as Josh....but becuase Josh had the shutout in game 6 he got it.

 

 

And that was the ONLY reason he got it.

Penny deserved an MVP as well, but what Josh did in the house that Ruth built, was something you don't see every year How about every ten or even twenty years? You never have a complete game shutout of the Yanks in their park in the World Series, in a deciding game. It was absolutely amazing what Josh did and Brad also performed very, very well there.

I agree with you that as of right now Penny is the better pitcher. I think Beckett has the better stuff, but Penny is playing better. But where is Benitez on your list?

  • Author

I don't know, that peanut guy has a h*lluva knucklecurve. I might want to move him up on the list.

 

Seriously, Penny still doesn't have that presense, that swagger thing he's so famous for in the clubhouse, on the mound. He doesn't seem to intimidate batters the way a Clemens still does or a Kevin Brown used to. Beckett is intimidating when he's on. AJ, back in the day (lol), always had it. Dempster never did.

 

Personally I think it's time for him to switch to long pants.

unfortunately josh is on only about half the time.

 

 

 

brad has been on all year long.

  • Author

I agree with you that as of right now Penny is the better pitcher. I think Beckett has the better stuff, but Penny is playing better. But where is Benitez on your list?

sorry i was only really referring to the rotation...even though i said best pitcher.

 

 

 

 

you cant really compare the starters with the relievers though...its an unfair comparasion.

Dime is our best pitcher right now.

 

 

 

Yes even better than Josh.

 

 

 

This is how I rank our starters....

 

 

 

Dime

Josh

Carl

Willis

bat boy

ball girl

fan in the stands

grandma

peanut seller

loria

little baby

drunk teenager

 

 

 

oliver

 

 

 

 

discuss.

Sad thing is I agree, Oliver sucks, I was at his one and only home start and if our bats (the C`s) hadn`t been amazing, we would`ve been creamed! Thank God for small (or big) favors. And whats wrong with drunk teens?

You want to see my make an unpopular statement?

 

Carl Pavano is the second best pitcher on this staff right now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.