Today's Game

Max and I were at the game today. Wow!!! Finally we hit a grand slam and we were lucky enough to be there in person to see it all. My little cousins went with us. It was their first Marlins game ever and they had a great time. I am quite a bit sunburned though. Youch.... it's quite bothersome. The poor lady who sang the National Anthem... she messed up totally. She forgot the words. I felt so bad for her when fans started to boo her. Macy Gray butchered "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".

This game is definitely one to remember. Sunburn and all. :)

Someone should have stepped out there Mo Cheeks style and sang it with her.

Yeah, it was pretty tough to watch her struggle like that, but she was in the middle of the infield, near the mound, so she was kinda in an island. The organist saved the day, and then some Marlins official put his arm around her shoulder and walked her into the tunnel.

I sort of felt bad for the National Anthem lady, but not for Macy Gray she ruined the 7th inning stretch and the worst part is that she gets paid for that crap. The Castillo grand slam was great, right before he hit I turned to my friend and said that I didnt realize that the bases were loaded and then maybe 2 seconds later PPS was rocking.

The game was truly one to remember...

I felt awful for that lady, I've never seen a national anthem been messed up that badly...and the worst part was that many people started booing her....I mean cmon', thats pretty low, you could tell she was distressed as well she looked as though she was about to burst into tears.

anyways the game was great as well...My first Grand Slam that I've ever seen in person in an MLB game.

Gonzalez was getting good swings on the ball, Glad to see his average is slowly but surely inching up and up....

Penny was dominating, he really was peppering the strike zone pretty much his whole outing.

The nesting dolls were awesome, I have an extra one that i'd sell if anyones interested PM me...

but all in all it was a great game all around, cept' for the fact I didnt get doughnuts.

that lady messed up the anthem worse than anyone else. ever

i kinda wanted to boo but i held off cuz that would make her feel worse and it wouldnt halp anything. thumbs up to the organist for playing the rest of it

then i see macy gray throw out the first pitch. i thought, cmon shes paid to sing, she shoulda done it. the 7th inning stretch changed my mind about that

the anthem lady forgot the words? what happened with gray?

Gray didnt really screw up in the sense that she went blank or sang the wrong words....it just sounded awful because she sang it painfully slow and the whole crowd's tempo was way faster than her's...so therefore it sounded like crap

How bad did that lady screw up?

Could someone tell me word by word?

Ooooh say can you seeeeeee by the dawns early starrrssss

ohhh the bombs that we watched were so galantly screaming

the starsss bursting in air

(pause)

(longer pause)

(almost in tears)

*Mr. Organist saves the day*

It went something like that...

How bad did that lady screw up?

Could someone tell me word by word?

Ooooh say can you seeeeeee by the dawns early starrrssss

ohhh the bombs that we watched were so galantly screaming

the starsss bursting in air

(pause)

(longer pause)

(almost in tears)

*Mr. Organist saves the day*

It went something like that... I felt bad for the lady but man people have to be a bit more prepared for this. Take some freakin notecards with you or something, I don't know.

Macy Gray was pathetic, she was completely off with the crowd, she wasn't as bad as Ozzy last year but still. :thumbdown

Luis hitting a grandslam=Priceless.

dude, forgeting the lyrics to our national anthem is simply unnaceptable.

I understand a bit with so many people watching you may lose your composure but be prepared, look at the scoreboard or bring notecards, anything but blow it like that.

when she was singing the second line of the anthem she then skipped like 2 lines and then skipped half of the whole anthem .. i was gonna crack up but ended up singing it aloud 2 help her (i was in founders club) .. then the "take me out to the ballgame" was terrible .. the words from gray's mouth came out as slow as possible ugh =/ .. not to mention the cheerleaders routine .. great game though =D

dude, forgeting the lyrics to our national anthem is simply unnaceptable.

I understand a bit with so many people watching you may lose your composure but be prepared, look at the scoreboard or bring notecards, anything but blow it like that. Exactly. I mean, you know there's a chance you may choke, so prepare. I hate to laugh, but that picture describes everything so perfectly.

the anthem lady forgot the words? what happened with gray?

Gray didnt really screw up in the sense that she went blank or sang the wrong words....it just sounded awful because she sang it painfully slow and the whole crowd's tempo was way faster than her's...so therefore it sounded like crap Not to mention she has the most annoying voice, ever. I can't stand her, i'd rather listen to finger nails scratching a chalk board than Macy Gray singing, she is absolutely brutal.

I actually had tickets for yesterdays game which was part of my 41 game flex plan, but when I found out the Unit was pitching on Sunday I exchanged them, I kinda wish I didn't after seeing the grand slam on TV and whatnot, but seeing the Big Unit vs. the D-Train today will make up for it :) .