Sportscenter new set

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

i was expecting a new IMPROVED set now that SC is in HD but man is it a piece of crap. the corrugated plastic in the back SUCKS it looks like a cheap cable access set or the stuff houses are made of in haiti. The blue is overused and ugly. they actually took a step back and not forward. I would fire the set designer right now and give him a good glare. i nearly vomitted when i saw it. the programming isn't good now, this set will even deteriorate the experience even more.

i do like the new graphics, which are a big improvement and of course HD.

Guest Moneyball

Just seems like some of the graphics are useless...

Too much flare not enough substance on SC

just like a single man with a small penis having a Hummer. they back up their crap with big and flary stuff.

Too much flare not enough substance on SC?

just like a single man with a small penis having a Hummer. they back up their crap with big and flary stuff. ROFL.....that is one of the oddest, yet best analogies Ive ever heard.

Guest marlins02

Too much flare not enough substance on SC?

just like a single man with a small penis having a Hummer. they back up their crap with big and flary stuff. ill never buy a hummer now :(

*refers to DT's chart*

i dont need a hummer dammit :cool

Guest Moneyball

so the HD will let me have a clear view of chris berman's comb over and also allow me to see some cameramen some guy holding up cue cards and the baseball tonight set and possibly some guy picking his nose. :mischief2

so the HD will let me have a clear view of chris berman's comb over and also allow me to see some cameramen some guy holding up cue cards and the baseball tonight set and possibly some guy picking his nose. :mischief2

The big reason for ESPN HD is for Sunday Night Baseball, Sunday Night football, and the other sports they will air in HD.

Guest Moneyball

That for a 3,000 dollar price tag.

I will pass....

what cost $3000? the TV? or the service? screw that, there 1000 better things i can use that money for.

Guest Moneyball

my HDTV projection 60" TV cost $1499.

big money baller. :lol :lol :lol

now THAT is an entertainment center.

Can i come over when the fish get HD? :lol

my HDTV projection 60" TV cost $1499.?

big money baller. :lol :lol :lol

now THAT is an entertainment center.

Can i come over when the fish get HD? :lol hey, i am blind :shifty :whistle :cool

Got it just in time to the Fish play the Yanks in the World Series, but I don't have the HD equipment yet. Just the TV, which is great by itself, but the HD will be lifelike. I CAN SEE PORES ON SEA BASS's FACE WHEN HE MAKES A PLAY! and the World Series along with Marlins games are just in 480i analog, not 1080i or 720p HDTV!

cmon, no picture could convince me to drop loads of money for hi-def

(sees alias picture)

im signing up!

that's what the japanese said in the 80's until NHK and some other Japanese broadcasters aired Soccer, MLB and other sports in Japanese HD, which is an analog version inferior to the US digital version we have.

Guest Moneyball

and the World Series along with Marlins games are just in 480i analog, not 1080i or 720p HDTV!

what the hell are you talking about? i need a crash course in HD technology.

For the record, I watch SportsCenter for the highlights, not the set.

And when Hi Definition comes at a cheaper price I'll get it. But now, who cares? I doubt I watch enough TV to warrant it. TV is TV, no matter how clear it is. All the Hi Definition pictures in the world can't cover up all the bad programming...

And I saw some Hi Def at the store and it DOES look good enough that you almost can't tell what you're watching from the real world... I saw it during a CNN broadcast and it looked like the person speaking was in the room with me.

I have a 65" HDTV

It's so easy to trash it and say it's not worth it without experiencing it. Watching the Stanley Cup finals in HD made it so much better.

Edit: Oh yeah, I switched from regular ESPN to ESPNHD during a game one time. The difference is mind boggling.

Man, the HDTV is so overrated.

You get better quality for over 1,500 bucks. Is it really worth that much just to see things a little better? When you talk quad digis you have to be kidding me. It'll drop though. Just like the VCRs, DVDs, CD Players, Video Games, etc...

For the record, I watch SportsCenter for the highlights, not the set.

And when Hi Definition comes at a cheaper price I'll get it. But now, who cares? I doubt I watch enough TV to warrant it. TV is TV, no matter how clear it is. All the Hi Definition pictures in the world can't cover up all the bad programming...

And I saw some Hi Def at the store and it DOES look good enough that you almost can't tell what you're watching from the real world... I saw it during a CNN broadcast and it looked like the person speaking was in the room with me.

I dont think they have highlights on SC anymore....

They have been replaced by the Budweiser Hot Seat and Hear Say. :confused