Penny or Pavano

Wild Card

^j/k^

It's really a toss up.

Both are extremely good.

damn... I go with Penny because his stuff is nastier. And he's much improved from last year. He's been very consistent all season long so far... and I think he will only get better from here. Plus he's much younger, so he has more room to improve. What a little confidence can do huh?

That's a tough one, but I voted 4 Pavs because he's been coming on stronger than Brad of late, and he's been through a lot of bad stuff so it would be a bigger deal for him and his confidence.

He's also stopped a couple of losing streaks.

One should make it.

I choose Penny just cause to me he's the better of the two....

I love what pavy is doing...i just cant figure out how he does it...sure he's good with location and control ... but still his pitches just dont convince me.

Great job to both...Penny gets my nod.

I say Penny because of his past record, because he was such a big part of our world series championship, because he has worked so hard to improve and most of all because he deserves it. I also think Pavs has been very good, and I would like to see them both go. You know they are pretty good buddies.

i feel ya lina...but one could say the same for Pavz. Just playin the devil's advocate, but Pavs led our team in quality starts and IP (and wins?) last year.

Penny stepped it up though at the end of last season. He seriously could have gotten WS MVP as well. Especially since he sucked in the playoffs until then.

i feel ya lina...but one could say the same for Pavz. Just playin the devil's advocate, but Pavs led our team in quality starts and IP (and wins?) last year.

Penny stepped it up though at the end of last season. He seriously could have gotten WS MVP as well. Especially since he sucked in the playoffs until then.

The MVP loss to Beckett is what pisses me off. He should have at least shared that trophy with Josh. Plus, I like Penny more than Pavano and Beckett, these two are major dicks, while Penny looks to be more down to earth... I want him to get a piece of the glory he deserves.

you think pavz and beckett are dicks because they got the ladies, right?

:)

i think Beckett is badass...mostly because he has that property in Texas for deer-hunting. He reminds me of Clemens (who I also like)...but he actually plays for the good guys.

I do like Penny a lot though. I remember a few years ago on the ESPN.com boards, everyone was saying how Penny had a bad attitude, and didnt care about sucking on the mound. Obviously that just isnt intelligence speaking. But, I've always been a fan of him, and I'm definitely glad he's finally pitching the way he can.

Guest Juanky

Pavano. He never gets any respect, for the most part even from the fans of his own team, and he is quite possibly the most underrated pitcher in the major leagues.

I would also venture to say that right now Carl is pitching better than Penny is. Penny has been amazing, yes, but when Carl pitches the bullpen shuts down. We have absolutely no need for one, maybe Benitez for a pitch or three. That is invaluable. He's putting up solid K to BB numbers again this season like he always does, will finish around if not over 200 innings, and has a shot at 17 or 18 wins if the team shows up for him.

Honestly, both deserve it, but if I give it to one I give it to Carl.

Penny

I think he desereves to get some more regonition after Beckett respectfully so, took it all up during the WS.

Could go either way tho.

Penny Stat Lines: 2.62 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 6-3 record, 64k's, 79 IP.

Pavano Stat Lines: 3.10 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 6-2 record, 48k's, 87 IP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.