Marlins All Time Team

MinneMarlin

Rob Neyer's List via ESPN

mainly with the pitching ... i don't like alex fernandez on there .. he did little with the team and killed them with his contract and attitude .... i'd rather have a charlie hough or livan hernandez .. they are more marlins to me ... even a guy like burnett over him ... can't argue with nen to close

i also would of liked to see conine switched to first and floyd put in the OF

mainly with the pitching ... i don't like alex fernandez on there .. he did little with the team and killed them with his contract and attitude .... i'd rather have a charlie hough or livan hernandez .. they are more marlins to me ... even a guy like burnett over him ... can't argue with nen to close

For one, YOU BEAT ME! I was coming to the site to post it and you already did! lol. :p

Second, I agree. Cliff should have been the all-time LF and Conine at 1B.

Rob Neyer's List via ESPN

Yeah there's no way lee and fernandez should be on there.

how much did conine really play at first though?

didnt he get much more playing time in left field, only playing first predominantely in 97 and then only until dutch came?

So what?

Floyd deserves to be on that team in LF. Since Floyd only played 1B for one season in '97 as a reserve. Conine started at 1B.

Floyd should be in LF and Conine at 1B, and leave Lee off... End of story.

Conine only played one year exclusively at first. The other three years he split time at first & left field. If I'm making an all-time team though, I give Jeff the spot. You certainly can't leave out Cliff Floyd either, that's ridiculous. Floyd is around the top of virtually every Marlins career offensive stat. Conine's offensive numbers here beat out Lee's too.

I'd have to agree, put Floyd in the outfield and Conine at first.

Guest marlins02

how about putting Orestes Destrades at first :lol j/k im thinking Devo at centerfield, he was great for us his two seasons here and helped us win the world series, remember game 3 against the Giants. i know preston was here longer and had the 30-30 season, but that was once, he never really developed into what we needed when he was here, now he's having a great season with the Rockies though, you got to love the irony. Conine at first is a stretch because like you all said he was only there for one season but i can live with it, floyd shouldve been on this list at left instead of conine, put conine at first. i really dont have a problem with the rotation, alex did win 17 games his one healthy season, you can also make the argument for livan. how about scott pose or chucky carr in the outfield, and Chris hammond in the rotation. :lol im playing, i just really wanted to say those names, its been a while

Guest markotsay7

Im not saying he should be on the all-time list, but people seem to forget about Greg Colbrunn. He holds the Marlins records for best average (.286 in 1996) and most RBI (89 in 1995) by a first baseman.

Also forgetting about his terriffic defense...made something like 5 or 6 errors the whole year in 95... something like a .994 or .996 fielding percentage

Also forgetting about his terriffic defense...made something like 5 or 6 errors the whole year in 95... something like a .994 or .996 fielding percentage...Woo, I am HOT. I need to find someone to play poker with right now while I'm still in the zone...

Or you are pathetically trying to unsuccessfully fool everyone. Nobody belies you knew every #27 to wear a Marlins uniform, including our ex-thirdbase coach.

And sure as hell nobody believes you knew Greg Colbrunn's 1996 defensive fielding percentage and errors commited at 1B off the top of your head, especially since you were all of 9-years-old during that season.

Truly sad and pathetic, but if you want the attention keep going. I think we all could use a few more good laughs. :jackass

Knowledge off the top of his head or not....

and knowing MK7's history...

I wouldnt be too terribly shocked if he knew all the people to wear #27...he knows too much of that kind of stuff if I recall properly.

Even if he didnt know it off the top of his head....who GAF?

Guest markotsay7

I study stats and meaningless crap. That's what I do. You know what I do for FUN every year in February? I read the newest edition of Who's Who in Baseball. Three times or more. Go take a look at that book, there's nothing but stats in there for every major league player to have played the previous year. THAT'S where I get this from. Maybe you're intimidated by the fact that I know all this meaningless stuff (although I don't know why you would be, because it just means I have no life). I created a list of the all-time Marlins before the season and got 199 out of 215 from memory.

So anyway, forget this whole trivia crap because I can't prove to Bandit I did it off the top of my head.

P.S. - Who cares how old I was? I haven't taken those stats with me for 7 years, I've just read and studied them since then.

Even if he didnt know it off the top of his head....who GAF?

I do, liars bother me.

And by the way Kotsay, you want to prove how much your really know. Meet me on AIM and I will as you questions. This way when you look up the answers we will see how long it takes you. If you respond almost immediately and it is correct, then you will have proved me wrong and I will post and admitt it.

By not accecpting the challenge, you will have basically admitted that I was correct in accusing you of being a fraudulant liar.

Guest marlins02

dude, does it matter. he actually admitted he reads alot about baseball. if you read all that stuff as much as he does its going to stick. i remember him from the original message board, it doesnt surprise that he knows all this stuff.

I study stats and meaningless crap. That's what I do. You know what I do for FUN every year in February? I read the newest edition of Who's Who in Baseball. Three times or more. Go take a look at that book, there's nothing but stats in there for every major league player to have played the previous year. THAT'S where I get this from. Maybe you're intimidated by the fact that I know all this meaningless stuff (although I don't know why you would be, because it just means I have no life). I created a list of the all-time Marlins before the season and got 199 out of 215 from memory.

So anyway, forget this whole trivia crap because I can't prove to Bandit I did it off the top of my head.

P.S. - Who cares how old I was? I haven't taken those stats with me for 7 years, I've just read and studied them since then.

lol.....alright then as long as you admit to it...

Actually a good friend of mine can do the same thing with hockey stats. Just throw out a random name from the past 40 years and he can rattle off every team he played for, how many goals and assists he had each year, what town he's from....just ridiculous stuff. Hey I guess there are a lot of worse hobbies than studying sports stats right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.