Who is John Edwards

Deep down in our darkest part we all would like Bill Clinton to run for President again. :mischief

Edwards is the perfect VP choice. Kerry is the perfect man for the job of President. One is articulate and persuasive and will crush Cheney on the debates, the other is knowledgeable and experienced and he'll definetely crush Bush on the debates... That is, if Bush takes the challenge and doesn't chicken out.

446808[/snapback]

I know you love these two guys. But come the vP debates there sure as hell wont be any crushing by edwards, he may be an attorney, but cheney knows politics and has been around it for an eternity. And kerry is defintely not the perfect man for the job, you may think hes better for the job then Bush, but far from perfect.

Deep down in our darkest part we all would like Bill Clinton to run for President again. :mischief

Edwards is the perfect VP choice. Kerry is the perfect man for the job of President. One is articulate and persuasive and will crush Cheney on the debates, the other is knowledgeable and experienced and he'll definetely crush Bush on the debates... That is, if Bush takes the challenge and doesn't chicken out.

446808[/snapback]

I know you love these two guys. But come the vP debates there sure as hell wont be any crushing by edwards, he may be an attorney, but cheney knows politics and has been around it for an eternity. And kerry is defintely not the perfect man for the job, you may think hes better for the job then Bush, but far from perfect.

446834[/snapback]

We'll have to wait until November to see it. As for Kerry, he is the perfect man to do the clean up and a good "transition" period President.

IMO, Graham was the most "electable" choice. Good senate credentials on defense, and FL would have been a slam dunk for the dems since he's still fairly popular down here and not grossly offensive for republicans.

446485[/snapback]

I thought Graham would've been a good VP choice.

446808[/snapback]

446834[/snapback]

Why is he good for the 'clean up job' and why is he a good 'transition' president?

We'll have to wait until November to see it. As for Kerry, he is the perfect man to do the clean up and a good "transition" period President.

446808[/snapback]

446834[/snapback]

446845[/snapback]

What exactly is it we are/should be "trasitioning" to?

IMO, Graham was the most "electable" choice. Good senate credentials on defense, and FL would have been a slam dunk for the dems since he's still fairly popular down here and not grossly offensive for republicans.

446485[/snapback]

Where you're from means little anymore. Putting Graham up there would have been the same as putting Lieberman up there with Gore.

You're not trying to get Dems to elect your VP because they're voting for Kerry regardless with how much this election means to so many.

Edwards appeals more to tossup voters who recognize him more than Graham and also has a hell of a lot more charisma than Graham and Kerry would have combined.

I wanted Vilsack, would of been a great sign to voters that Loyalty actually means something to Kerry. If it wasn't for Vilsack, Kerry never had Iowa and never had the election.

Not much drag from Lieb on the "panhandle/upstate redneck" front though...Graham's appeal is fairly universal in FL.

-- Where you're from has little to with selections of VP's who would go on to win. Gore was no threat in Tennesee when he was on the ballot for VP and Cheney was from Wyoming. Plus if Kerry really wanted to go after regional power he would of gone with Vilsack or Gep who would have more power in the midwest or he could of gone with someone from Ohio, if he wanted a key state that bad. Unless your name is Kennedy you're not winning an election without Ohio(Kerry's up by six points in Ohio anyway)

There's no way Edwards can drag the crossover/undecided vote in FL that Graham could have. There won't be any Edwards drag in the NE and CA or rust belt. I've voted for Graham in the past and would do so again. He's the real deal - an actual pol with principles.

-- Now only if all of America could get behind Graham. Go ask an average joe up here in Pennsylvania who Bob Graham is and they'll probably think Billy Graham more than anyone. Graham has no appeal to the general misinformed public. Lieberman is an excellent Senator IMO but he had no splash to make in The Race last year. In an NBC poll, I believe it was 23 who said that Edwards immediatly makes them a voter for Kerry while only 7 were turned off. Edwards has an appeal to him that Graham never would have. Any person who was running dead on with Carol Mosley Braun should not be who you go to for A VP

That payoff will be in the form of a nice cabinet post.

448734[/snapback]

And I can't complain, I like Vilsack but I would have loved to see him as The VP that or Gephardt. Gep has done too much for The Party to be shunned like this, I have to believe he has a job waiting for him somewhere if Kerry gets in.

There's no way Edwards can drag the crossover/undecided vote in FL that Graham could have. There won't be any Edwards drag in the NE and CA or rust belt. I've voted for Graham in the past and would do so again. He's the real deal - an actual pol with principles.

-- Now only if all of America could get behind Graham. Go ask an average joe up here in Pennsylvania who Bob Graham is and they'll probably think Billy Graham more than anyone. Graham has no appeal to the general misinformed public. Lieberman is an excellent Senator IMO but he had no splash to make in The Race last year. In an NBC poll, I believe it was 23 who said that Edwards immediatly makes them a voter for Kerry while only 7 were turned off. Edwards has an appeal to him that Graham never would have. Any person who was running dead on with Carol Mosley Braun should not be who you go to for A VP

exactly.

outside of florida....nobody really knows or cares about graham.

floridians think they are the only place that matters.....

look....if gore had just won his home state florida means nothing.

end story.