OMG !

Marlins2003

ya he really showed us something

and when you look at him, he is so young, he looks young enough to sit next to me in chemistry

damn what a game, what a game

couldnt you guys see the look on hollandsworth face the whole game......lol

you could tell he was pissed

yea i bet you all hated him his fist at bats and after the last you guys prob. loved him

Actually I was very encouraged with each of his at bats. He kept making contact, albeit fouls but contact, and that liner up the middle was further progress. But the homer, they make movies about this kind of stuff. It feels good tonight to be a Marlins fan. Thanks Miguel.

yea i bet you all hated him his fist at bats and after the last you guys prob. loved him

Not at all...

You don't expect much from a guy in his ML debut...

To be honest, he impressed me with the way he struck some balls, and his patience looked great...

The HR was just the icing on the cake to what was a great game for Cabs no matter what...

Man and to the Deepest part of pro player. This kid is something special! Probably as good as Pujos or any other young player out there.

To be honest, when he hit that ball, I was excited because I thought he just moved the runner over to third. When that ball fell over the fence, all I could say was "HOLY s***! HOLY s***!"...

Pujos is the best hitter in the league but this kid in 2 years will be as good as him. He could hit to all fields and with Power. Pro player is no easy place to hit a homer to CF, and he just did. In two years he will be biger, stronger, and more experienced.

BTW: the SC call of the day went to Soriano and Jeter who went back-to-back with solo Homers. Thats BS it should have gone to Cabs he's only the third player in hostory to have a walk off homer in his in 1st game.

Pujos is the best hitter in the league but this kid is 2 years will be as good as him. He could hit to all fields and with Power. Pro player is no easy place to hit a homer to CF, and he just did. In two years he will be biger, stronger, and more experienced.

lol but you gotta remember pujols hit 37 homers as a ROOKIE

Pujos is the best hitter in the league but this kid is 2 years will be as good as him. He could hit to all fields and with Power. Pro player is no easy place to hit a homer to CF, and he just did. In two years he will be biger, stronger, and more experienced.

lol but you gotta remember pujols hit 37 homers as a ROOKIE How old is Pujos? 22??

What impressed me the most wasn't the homer (well, maybe it was) but his previous AB's.

The kid had no problem keeping up with pitches, knew his situations at the plate and laid off the garbage. I really expected him to be fooled on a couple of AB's, but he was dead on on most of the offerings.

As an aside, I sat next to Loria at the game, and the smile on his face was about 50 feet wide when Cabrera jacked it.. I also found it amusing that when the 2B ump blew the call on Gonzalez's tag on the SB Loria was up screaming. Granted, it wasn't exactly Mark Cuban or anything, but he was letting go, which I found very surprising.

Glad I called in all the special favors I had for those tickets...Best night I've had at a Marlins' game, by far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.