Atlanta Braves

djm305

I hate saying this, but the fact is right now the Braves are playing the best baseball. They have the best record since the all start break and they do not show any signs of slowing down. We are already too far behind them to hope and catch them, we would need to win 7 more games than they do the rest of the way, so barring a disaster on the Braves team I don't see that happening.

I think our best shot at making the playoffs is the wildcard, we are 5.5 games out of the WildCard and we play many of the teams ahead of us in the WC in the coming weeks.

Thats wishful thinking that the braves will 'cool off'. I believe the wild card isnt going to happen b/c we need too many teams to start losing, and we dont control our own destiny there. We play the braves 6 more games, we need to win the majority of those games to have any chance of even thinking of going to the playoffs. And even though we have won 2 in a row, we need to mount a much larger run, not win 2 lose 3, win 4, lose 5. We need a 9 of 10 run or sumthin down those lines to get us back in the thick of it.

How long have you watched Braves Baseball? Since the early 90's, they have always sparked off like this and then they cool down. The difference this year is that instead of being 10-15 games out, the competition is 5-7 games out.

500403[/snapback]

I've watched them for 12 years now

Thats wishful thinking that the braves will 'cool off'. I believe the wild card isnt going to happen b/c we need too many teams to start losing, and we dont control our own destiny there. We play the braves 6 more games, we need to win the majority of those games to have any chance of even thinking of going to the playoffs. And even though we have won 2 in a row, we need to mount a much larger run, not win 2 lose 3, win 4, lose 5. We need a 9 of 10 run or sumthin down those lines to get us back in the thick of it.

500412[/snapback]

Realistically, we would have to go 5-1 against the Braves to cut their lead significantly. The Braves have been 8-2 of the last ten for the past month. We really need run of 9 or 10 wins just to catch up a few games.

All this doesn't seem very likely, but if nothing else, this team is fun to watch again. :thumbup

They'll get into the playoffs and get knocked out in the NLDS.... again. Their regular season performance can never be a judge of how they'll do in the post season, they've played like this EVERY SINGLE SEASON for the past 12 years and if anything they have an even less chance of going far this year as opposed to others.

I hate saying this, but the fact is right now the Braves are playing the best baseball. They have the best record since the all start break and they do not show any signs of slowing down. We are already too far behind them to hope and catch them, we would need to win 7 more games than they do the rest of the way, so barring a disaster on the Braves team I don't see that happening.

I think our best shot at making the playoffs is the wildcard, we are 5.5 games out of the WildCard and we play many of the teams ahead of us in the WC in the coming weeks.

500402[/snapback]

Braves fans were probably saying the same thing 2 months ago about themselves...they were more than 6 games back and are now 5 or so up in that short of a time span...it can happen.

They'll get into the playoffs and get knocked out in the NLDS.... again. Their regular season performance can never be a judge of how they'll do in the post season, they've played like this EVERY SINGLE SEASON for the past 12 years and if anything they have an even less chance of going far this year as opposed to others.

500761[/snapback]

Bad managing.

Screw the wild card. If we don't knock the Braves down this year of all years..

Guest Moneyball

Fish have won the world series every year they finish above .500. The Braves can't say that. :p

501391[/snapback]

yeah, but the marlins have only finished above 500 twice. after one of those winning seasons we finished with 108 losses.

Bet you most of the players wouldn't know what to make of Hello Kitty. Luis would call it "dude". Miggy would say something that would take a minute or two to process after thinking about that accent. Jack would mispronounce "Kitty" for an hour and just call it "Kite-ie" and JP would make a rap song as follows:

You are white, like a snow flake

Yo' name is Hello Kitty, sweety cake

Girls like to play with you

Your best outfit is blue

Cause it shows off your heart

:notworthy