Luis

Easley

Cabby

Niner

Enc

Gonzo

Red

Valdez

FYI....Craig leading off for Milwaukee....

No Lo Duca :thumbdown

Guest Guest

I say you let Lo Duca play tonight and give him the last day of the series off.

500637[/snapback]

No because then if we lose tonight, he'd be out of the lineup in a pretty crucial game tomorrow. Better to do it this way. If we win, he's in for a chance at the sweep tomorrow. If we lose, he's in so we have a better chance of winning the series still.

Does this classify me as "Thinking outside the bun"?

I say you let Lo Duca play tonight and give him the last day of the series off.

500637[/snapback]

No because then if we lose tonight, he'd be out of the lineup in a pretty crucial game tomorrow. Better to do it this way. If we win, he's in for a chance at the sweep tomorrow. If we lose, he's in so we have a better chance of winning the series still.

Does this classify me as "Thinking outside the bun"?

500645[/snapback]

I disagree. You play to win, not to be defensive. Win tonight, guarantee a series win and use the luxury of game 3 as a game to rest Lo Duca, assuming of course he actually needs it.

you want lo duca in the lineup tonight beacuse if we win then u have your back ups in on sunday, a typicall mlb rest day. and our backup tend to play better in relaxed situations. If i were jack would play the same lineup till it sputters and pressure the brewers and not just let them look at the lineup card and say well 2 of their 3 best hitters are out. But im not jack and thats why he won us the world series beacuse he is baseball smart and prob knows more about what he is doing then anyone on this thread

(not saying you guys know nothing beacuse i love to hear what other people think bout stragtegys and stuff and sometimes people have really good ideas but i think jack knows what he is doing)

Lowell is in serious need of a day off. He's looked TERRIBLE the last week. I was pretty worried he was going to end a 3rd ninth-inning rally in a week with a GIDP. Luckily, Lo Duca came through.

And I don't see anything wrong with giving Lo Duca the day off. He's bound to be fresher tomorrow after the rest than he would be today playing his 5th straight. He can't really be expected to catch more than 5 out of 6 games. And especially not with a day game coming up. I'd bet you see him PH and maybe play a couple innings tonight. But I agree with the decision not to start him.

CF Pierre

2B Castillo

1B Lo Duca

RF Cabrera

LF Conine

3B Easley

SS Gonzalez

CA Redmond

This SHOULD be the lineup. Wes Obermueller's ERA the past 4 games is 7.20...so this should not make a difference anyhow.

Opposing hitter Average against Valdez

Gary Bennett .600 3-5

Ben Grieve .400 8-20

Geoff Jenkins .381 8-21

Craig Counsell .364 4-11

Hopefully Easley will show why he deserves to play over Enc.

500651[/snapback]

As if he hasn't already done that.

Enc will play most of the rest of the season so we can find someone anyone to take his contract.

Lowell and LoDuca can still pinch-hit. Better to give them a day off tonight instead of tomorrow. There's an off-day Monday, no need for 72 hours of rest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.