Is there anything left in the farm?

In today Mike Berardino's Sun-Sentinal column, he has a good profile of the talent left in Double "A" not very promising. After losing C Josh Willingham to a knee injury last week and recent call-ups. The Marlins top talent is no longer in Carolina instead look a little north of broward county to palm county's Jupiter Hammerheads. Where at least 4 to 5 kids will be on the Marlins radar next year for help. here's a couple of names :thumbup

1.RHP Trevor Hutchinson 9-2 with a 2.88 ERA (leads the staff in wins).

2.RHP Denny Bautista 8-4 with a 3.18 ERA (leads the staff in K's 77).

3.RHP Nic Ungs 5-3 with 6 to 1 K's/BB ratio (leads the staff in ERA 1.85)

4. 1B Jason Stokes batting .267 with 67 RBI and 11 HR(both leads the team)

5. LHP Chris Key 3-0 with a 1.07 ERA with 5BB in 33innings (top lefty on the club and bullpen)

*side note (Low Single A) OF J. Hermida(Marlins top selection last year) appears to finally living up to the hype batting .287 71H 4HR 26RBI 7SB(nice) good all-around stats for the kid

Wes is no longer a Marlin

Adrian Gonzalez is batting .247 in 73AB 8RBI with 1HR(Double A)

Nate is 5-5 with 4.38(78IN) with a 2 to 1 K's/BB ratio (46/24) (Triple A)

Adrian is having a very bad year and Bump is Alright but bad! He was good Last year, i Hope he Improves becuase he has good stuff...

He has always been called a "guess hitter" - apparently he hasn't been guessing correctly lately... As for Bump, a 4.38 ERA in AAA is not bad - AAA is turning more into an offensive-happy league where pitchers get thrown around. AA is now considered a better ML indicator than AAA, and hopefully Nate's recent track record will get him into the majors soon.

What the hell happened to Adrian Gonzalez!?

what happened with him is that he sucks and he always will. I cant believe we got Agon 1st. we should have went with a hard throwing pitcher. hes just 20 but he fell from AAA to AA he sucks at AA. He reminds me of a MLB version of a 2003 paul konerko.. but worse.

how about that guy jesus colome from the rays. hard throwing guy.. 96-98.. id like to see the fish get him.

I was thinking of that, too...

If we are gonna make a run for the Wild Card, he impressed me, and had some great stats... He would be perfect... Trade a few prospects for him. Maybe Adrian and someone else...

So weaken one important area for another? Nice logic.

so now you want to take another low blow without supporting your argument. how are the rays weakening anything? they suck no matter what and have a closer already. They need help at just about every position. Im not going to go proposing dream trades but I will say the rays need alot of help and the marlins can address more than 1 area of theirs for just colome.

if you wanna give low blow bashes, at least back it up or just go to floridamarlins.com message board.