Pavano

Ice Man

I love Pavano's pitching this year but there is no way he wins Cy Young, with the Big Unit having a great season and Ben Sheets having a great season...with that said I would love to see Pavs win it

523027[/snapback]

Johnson only has 12 wins and a similar ERA.

Assuming Schmidt falters and opens the door for others, there are several others with 13 wins. Sheets has a 9-9 record....so is totally out of contention.

I love Pavano's pitching this year but there is no way he wins Cy Young, with the Big Unit having a great season and Ben Sheets having a great season...with that said I would love to see Pavs win it

523027[/snapback]

Ben Sheets has been terrible since the all-star break.

Pavano is 2nd in the NL with 14 wins, only Shmidt with 15 wins has more, there are quite a few with 13. But Pavano only has 5 losses and a 2.97 ERA, he does not have the strikeouts but if he keeps winning and ends the season with 19 or 20 wins then he may very well be considered, may not win but should be nominated.

I got an idea:

Since it seems like a possibility that the only one that Pavano has to pass is Jason...

Why don't we beat up on him when we play him and make him give up alot of runs and give him the loss so Pavano won't have to worry about Jason taking the cy young.

Lets try it!

If Pavano carries the marlins to a wild card birth (which is very possible) i'd say he has a very good shot at winning the Cy Young.

With that said though, Ramp is right in that you don't want him winning the Cy Young because there is no way the Marlins can afford to resign a relatively young horse who is coming off a Cy Young award winning season.