August 27, 200422 yr I can't believe it, OMGNUNEZ just hit a grand slam off of Jamie Moyer in Seattle :o . If he was in that same bases loaded situation with the fish, he would have either struck out or hit into a DP :lol .
August 27, 200422 yr Author its Seattle dude....they suck.... 528109[/snapback] ...it was off Jamie Moyer.
August 27, 200422 yr It happens, oh well what can you do. Marlins royally screwed him he is stuck in the prime of his career with KC.
August 27, 200422 yr Author What he did in ST with us is exactly what he's doing in KC starting everyday.
August 27, 200422 yr His numbers really aren't that good apart from the RBIs. .700 OPS with KC is nothing to get too excited about. I think Enc has that beat.
August 27, 200422 yr Encarnacion and Nunez's stats since the trade: Encarnacion: .230 BA, 0 HR, 3 RBI .305 OBP .297 SLG Nunez: .282 BA, 3 HR, 16 RBI, .322 OBP .435 SLG That being said...I think this is one of those change of scenery scenerioes. He needed a new start...McKeon didnt like him and he didn't like McKeon. I wish they would've given him a shot out of spring training when his confidence was high, but that's the downfall of having Jack as manager. We'll see how good he becomes...that deal could look pretty awful in a couple of years if he developes into a 30-30 guy though. :plain
August 27, 200422 yr I'd rather have nunez than enc in right, but oh well. 528723[/snapback] As would I. I think Nunez got a fair shake out of camp. He was a 27yo minor leaguer on a team that just won the World Series. Choi was a much touted prospect and hadn't exactly lost the job in spring training. Conine was the incumbent leftfielder. Cordero was coming off a solid 2003 season. Over the course of the season though, Nunez should have gotten much more playing time with the slumps Pierre, Conine, Choi, Cordero and Cabrera went through in the first half. Unfortunetly for him... how bench players win jobs is that they have to step up and perform when asked, not be expected to given a job. While Jack McKeon was spot-starting Easley, Nunez, Cordero and others Easley and Cordero hit, Nunez did not. Thus Easley and Cordero won McKeon's trust and key bench roles, while Nunez had to wait patiently for his next chance. Maybe Nunez wasn't meant to be a bench player, it's a hard job and not everyone is prepapred for, but you can't blame Jack or anyone else for his lack of playing time. Nunez simply never earned it.
August 28, 200422 yr I don't give a crap. Nunes can be good for a very bad team. I think thats worse than being bad on a good team.
August 28, 200422 yr its Seattle dude....they suck.... 528109[/snapback] ...it was off Jamie Moyer. 528121[/snapback] The guy has been giving up the long ball as of late.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.