Tried to vote today

Tried to vote today but gave up because people said they were waiting 30 minutes in line and still didn't get inside city hall. WTF? I thought nobody voted early.

598596[/snapback]

Dont worry. The line is shorter on electiond day.

:thumbup

599049[/snapback]

Actually it is shorter on election day.

Right now, people that usually vote at a host of other places can only vote at a select number of early voting places. With things such as the touch screens, the workers have to make sure your specific ballot is loaded into the machine so you can vote. they usually split up the room into different districts so they do not have to keep altering the machines.

On election day, you can only vote at your specific polling place, and all the machines are dedicated to that district.

Tried to vote today but gave up because people said they were waiting 30 minutes in line and still didn't get inside city hall. WTF? I thought nobody voted early.

598596[/snapback]

Dont worry. The line is shorter on electiond day.

:thumbup

599049[/snapback]

Actually it is shorter on election day.

Right now, people that usually vote at a host of other places can only vote at a select number of early voting places. With things such as the touch screens, the workers have to make sure your specific ballot is loaded into the machine so you can vote. they usually split up the room into different districts so they do not have to keep altering the machines.

On election day, you can only vote at your specific polling place, and all the machines are dedicated to that district.

599142[/snapback]

besides on election day they have like 20 - 30 machines available

30 minutes in line? That's nothing, I waited an hour and a half in line and in the process had to deal with lawyers from John Kerry trying to intimidate me and others voting for Bush by telling us our vote won't count and we should just go home, etc. It's pretty sick what the democrats are trying to do and what's even sadder is the fact that people actually let it get to them and just left rather than casting their vote.

The reason the lines are so long for early voting is because most polling places only have a couple of voting machines that are open as opposed to on election day when they've got like 30.

30 minutes in line? That's nothing, I waited an hour and a half in line and in the process had to deal with lawyers from John Kerry trying to intimidate me and others voting for Bush by telling us our vote won't count and we should just go home, etc. It's pretty sick what the democrats are trying to do and what's even sadder is the fact that people actually let it get to them and just left rather than casting their vote.

The reason the lines are so long for early voting is because most polling places only have a couple of voting machines that are open as opposed to on election day when they've got like 30.

599200[/snapback]

That is terrible...more reason for Kerry to lose. :thumbup

599200[/snapback]

599209[/snapback]

You can report this type of stuff to your local Bush/Cheney office, it's just more ammo for them in case of a dispute similar to 2000 :thumbup .

30 minutes in line?? That's nothing, I waited an hour and a half in line and in the process had to deal with lawyers from John Kerry trying to intimidate me and others voting for Bush by telling us our vote won't count and we should just go home, etc.? It's pretty sick what the democrats are trying to do and what's even sadder is the fact that people actually let it get to them and just left rather than casting their vote.

599200[/snapback]

599209[/snapback]

You can report this type of stuff to your local Bush/Cheney office, it's just more ammo for them in case of a dispute similar to 2000 :thumbup .

599231[/snapback]

The credibility that comes from the two of you is just too much to handle. I also got a harsh look from the women who registered me to vote...she told me if I voted for Kerry..I would be voting for Osama!

599200[/snapback]

599209[/snapback]

599231[/snapback]

The credibility that comes from the two of you is just too much to handle.

599266[/snapback]

It's funny, anytime you don't like what someone says you just pass it off as not being credible :rolleyes: .

30 minutes in line?? That's nothing, I waited an hour and a half in line and in the process had to deal with lawyers from John Kerry trying to intimidate me and others voting for Bush by telling us our vote won't count and we should just go home, etc.? It's pretty sick what the democrats are trying to do and what's even sadder is the fact that people actually let it get to them and just left rather than casting their vote.

599200[/snapback]

599209[/snapback]

599231[/snapback]

599266[/snapback]

It's funny, anytime you don't like what someone says you just pass it off as not being credible :rolleyes: .

599279[/snapback]

I need to remember to make points explicitely clear.

Let me give you a hypo: If I posted that a Republican roughed me up when I mailed my ballot in...how much credence would you give it? Thought so.

599200[/snapback]

599209[/snapback]

599231[/snapback]

599266[/snapback]

599279[/snapback]

I need to remember to make points explicitely clear.

Let me give you a hypo: If I posted that a Republican roughed me up when I mailed my ballot in...how much credence would you give it? Thought so.

599284[/snapback]

The difference is that it's a well known fact Kerry has mobilized thousands of attorneys on his behalf to all sorts of polling places, all of the major news networks have done stories about it and I even had the displeasure of experiencing it first hand.

The difference is that it's a well known fact Kerry has mobilized thousands of attorneys on his behalf to all sorts of polling places, all of the major news networks have done stories about it and I even had the displeasure of experiencing it first hand.

599472[/snapback]

Yeah, Bush would never use lawyers in a political race that is close. Never!

Are you honestly saying that Bush is not using attorney's to look out for his interests?

599472[/snapback]

Yeah, Bush would never use lawyers in a political race that is close. Never!

Are you honestly saying that Bush is not using attorney's to look out for his interests?

599505[/snapback]

I never said that, of course the Bush campaign has lawyers ready incase anything happens, however that is a far cry from the intimidation tactics that Kerry is using by stationing his attorneys at polling places with the sole intent on intimidating voters.

This got hijacked.

In the little time I was in line a bunch of Mel Martinez supporters were giving me papers and saying that a vote for Castor was a vote for Castro.? :blink:

599726[/snapback]

At least this is a lot more tame than breaking into campaign offices or burning nazi symbols on people's lawns. :mischief