Official Carlos Delgado Thread

hardw0od

Might explain why we didn't seek anymore pitching?

649776[/snapback]

I don't know, Delgado is going to cost more than any pitcher we were going after. He'd be a great fit in the lineup IMO but I just don't see us signng a huge contract like that.

Might explain why we didn't seek anymore pitching?

649776[/snapback]

I don't know, Delgado is going to cost more than any pitcher we were going after. He'd be a great fit in the lineup IMO but I just don't see us signng a huge contract like that.

649777[/snapback]

I know, but we also must not forget that alot of big salaries are coming off the books in '05.

Encarnacion

Conine

Leiter

Hampton

Those names represent alot of money. Maybe he'll put Delgado on his black card. :lol

I know, but we also must not forget that alot of big salaries are coming off the books in '05.

Encarnacion

Conine

Leiter

Hampton

Those names represent alot of money. Maybe he'll put Delgado on his black card. :lol

649788[/snapback]

But that would mean we'd have to find anouther OF, potentially 2 starters if we lose AJ. Go out and get another reliever at least or probably pay more to keep Alfo.

Q.

Kevin: Do you think Shea Hilldebrand for dBacks could be a good addition to the Marlins, it seems arizona is looking for a trade he can platoon with Conine at first. I also think that Ben Grieve is available, is he good for Marlins? What about Esteban Loaiza as our 5th starter? are the marlins after Carlos Delgado? Happy New Year

A.

Hillenbrand gives the Marlins something they already have in plentitude: a right-hander hitter with moderate power and a high-.200 average. What they really need is a left-handed line-drive hitter who can play first or the outfield. That makes Ben Grieve a much better fit. Loaiza would be a good addition to the rotation but I think he'll probably be too expensive. Unless the Marlins move one of the Big Three (Beckett, Burnett, Willis) I would expect them to fill out the rotation with a low-priced journeyman, as they tried to do last year with Darren Oliver. As for Carlos Delgado, his agent says no way.

I don't know what to tell you guys that is what I heard. Isn't "The Big O" Orlando Alzagueri sp?. This is what I heard. I stayed in my car to hear what the news was. I was pretty sure that they were going to talk about the Valdez and Riedling signing and then that guy Russ Evans? Said " The Big O is reporting that the Marlins have begun contract negotiations with Free Agent 1b Carlos Delgdo"

from rotoworld:

Free agent Carlos Delgado could pick Texas over Baltimore and the Mets if the Rangers choose to increase their offer.

The Rangers probably have the smallest bid on the table of any of the contenders for Delgado. "Carlos has great interest in playing in Texas, which we have expressed to the Rangers management several times," agent David Sloane said. "We're not looking for any records, and we're not looking to break the bank." Jan. 7 - 2:33 pm et

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Jack Wilson - SS - PIT

I'll all for it, but I'm not sure how we can sign him money-wise....possibly a back-loaded contract.

The other problem after that is unloading Enc...we could possibly get a couple of good mid-level prospects for him... Lord knows we need to restock our farm after the splurge in 2003 (I'm not complaining, it was well worth it...)

Now, unlike Juan Gone, Delgado's a guy with some true character. What I wouldn't do to bring him on board.

Remember, at the beginning of the free agency period, the ESPN experts predicted that the Marlins would sign Delgado! If Beinfest can pull this off...

:hail :hail :hail