3. Lowell

4. Delgado

5. Cabrera

6. Lo Duca

7. Encarnacion

8. Gonzalez

9. Pitcher

:notworthy

Or possibly switch Castillo with Lo Duca in the order.

653667[/snapback]

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Lowell

4. Delgado

5. Cabrera

6. Lo Duca

7. CONINE

8. Gonzalez

9. Pitcher

653670[/snapback]

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Cabrera

4. Delgado

5. Lowell

6. Lo Duca

7. CONINE

8. Gonzalez

9. Pitcher

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Lowell

4. Delgado

5. Cabrera

6. Lo Duca

7. Encarnacion

8. Gonzalez

9. Pitcher

:notworthy

Or possibly switch Castillo with Lo Duca in the order.

653667[/snapback]

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Lowell

4. Delgado

5. Cabrera

6. Lo Duca

7. CONINE

8. Gonzalez

9. Pitcher

653670[/snapback]

I'd like Niner over ENC too, but we don't desperately need Niners bat if we'll have Delgado in the lineup so defense is priority #1. Either way, the ideal scenario would be to just trade ENC away.

i'm trying not to get ahead of myself, but if this goes down, there's a pretty high chance that the 1 thru 6 hitters in our lineup would all bat over .300 for the season

I don't think any other team in the NL, possibly in the AL as well will have players with .300+ averages in every slot from 1 to 6

653674[/snapback]

its definitely possible...that would be freakin awesome!

i'm trying not to get ahead of myself, but if this goes down, there's a pretty high chance that the 1 thru 6 hitters in our lineup would all bat over .300 for the season

I don't think any other team in the NL, possibly in the AL as well will have players with .300+ averages in every slot from 1 to 6

653674[/snapback]

You got that from me...

:)

And don't forget if Conine bats up to his usual self thats .280. Its quite possible if this happened, the lowest batting average would be AGon who still is one of the most productive 8-hole hitters and shortstops in the league.

653674[/snapback]

Very possible. But, yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. :plain

And don't forget if Conine bats up to his usual self thats .280. Its quite possible if this happened, the lowest batting average would be AGon who still is one of the most productive 8-hole hitters and shortstops in the league.

653678[/snapback]

And Renteria is in the AL now :thumbup .

653678[/snapback]

And Renteria is in the AL now :thumbup .

653688[/snapback]

but Nomar is in the NL now :confused

653674[/snapback]

Not to bust your chops....but the Red Sox would/will do it.

No doub adding Delgado helps the offense and gives McKeon plenty of options, of course, leading to many debates on the structure of the lineups.

LoDuca batting 2nd? 3rd? 6th? 7th? Pierre leading off or 6th or 7th? Castillo leading off, 2nd, 6th, 7th? Lowell-Delgado-Cabrera or Cabrera-Delgado-Lowell? Who's the other starting outfielder? So much fun.

I suggest splitting up the two leadoff men to balance out the speed. That worked well when tried last year. LoDuca's propensity to ground into double plays could be averted in the 2-hole. Should the second leadoff man bat 6th encouraging the opposition to walk Lowell in a crucial spot and face the less powerful but extremely skilled Castillo, or 7th with Conine giving Lowell protection?

No doub adding Delgado helps the offense and gives McKeon plenty of options, of course, leading to many debates on the structure of the lineups.

LoDuca batting 2nd? 3rd? 6th? 7th? Pierre leading off or 6th or 7th? Castillo leading off, 2nd, 6th, 7th? Lowell-Delgado-Cabrera or Cabrera-Delgado-Lowell? Who's the other starting outfielder? So much fun.

I suggest splitting up the two leadoff men to balance out the speed. That worked well when tried last year. LoDuca's propensity to ground into double plays could be averted in the 2-hole. Should the second leadoff man bat 6th encouraging the opposition to walk Lowell in a crucial spot and face the less powerful but extremely skilled Castillo, or 7th with Conine giving Lowell protection?

653746[/snapback]

No.

Castillo bats second.

Some things you just don't change.

why are we doing this??? delgado is still a long s***?

653681[/snapback]

It is incredible, almost surreal you may say, how people build these castles in the air. It is so sad to see how these castles crumble later to the ground when the savior of all damsels in distress end up renting his services to another kingdom for, let's say, 40 million dollars more... So much for sentimentality...! I'll keep my hopes in check until something real happens...