Air Force

Ice Man

What a desicion...

I've decided I'm going to join,however my parents are against it. Now, I'm 18 and can do what I want, but basically my dad will cut me off if I don't do it his way, which is to try college first.

See if I like it.

He's got a point.

However, I'm going to be in college whilst in the AF, So it's not like I'm not going. Afterall, I will be getting into politics. And if you wonder why I don't post as much on that board seriously, it's because It's full of people who just spew garbage without backing it up alot of the time.

I don't know about the Air Force, but my father was active duty in the Navy for about 10 years after graduating the Naval Academy. The money's not bad considering the cost of living is almost nothing living on base. We lived in Hawaii with just about all bills except electric paid for and living on a house on base is nothing. Not a bad at all.

But never go into the airline industry. There's no money left in it.

anyone who joins any type of milatary service is weak minded and easy influenced. its for ppl with no life aspirations and its taking the easy road. u become US property for the rest of ur life,and it delays any plans while they ship your ass out for duty. u need money? get a job like real ppl or take out a student loan rather than go become bush's bitch.

anyone who joins any type of milatary service is weak minded and easy influenced. its for ppl with no life aspirations and its taking the easy road. u become US property for the rest of ur life,and it delays any plans while they ship your ass out for duty. u need money? get a job like real ppl or take out a student loan rather than go become bush's bitch.

672089[/snapback]

Dude you can go to hell...half my family went through the millitary and have beautiful families and very good jobs.

You are a waste of life.

672089[/snapback]

You're uninformed. Extremely uninformed.

672089[/snapback]

672106[/snapback]

Not extremely. Almost dangerously uninformed.

*Prepare for ownage of sheff*

*drumroll*

This is all coming from a COLLEGE STUDENT WHO GOES TO A COMMUNITY COLLEGE THAT NOW OFFERS SOME FOUR YEAR DEGREES. Talk about a point of view from someone who isn't in a position to make one.

No, The Military is NOT an easy way out sheff....

you and I get along fine, we played Halo and ESPN on live a few times, we cool...

Now, check it sheff..

I don't know why you think that way about the Military, maybe youre uniformed or you were brought up anti military...I don't Know.

However, I do know MANY people who've been in the Military who turned out better than half the crap that comes out of college. People would rather hire someone who's been in the military and have had college then just college, trust me. I know.

672089[/snapback]

you gotta be kidding me

The military is like Tofu - its whatever you want it to be and are willing to make of it.

If you want it to suck - cop some attitude, and it'll suck mightily real quick.

If you want it to be an opportunity, it can be that too.

If you got any brains, they'll find that out quick and get you shunted out of the mop driver career track.

672196[/snapback]

Well, Life can be looked at asTofu as well, I guess...

But you're 100% right though.

672089[/snapback]

You're an idiot

672089[/snapback]

672106[/snapback]

Not extremely. Almost dangerously uninformed.

*Prepare for ownage of sheff*

*drumroll*

This is all coming from a COLLEGE STUDENT WHO GOES TO A COMMUNITY COLLEGE THAT NOW OFFERS SOME FOUR YEAR DEGREES. Talk about a point of view from someone who isn't in a position to make one.

672144[/snapback]

ouch, harsh. i agree tho. the air force, army, navy and all that isnt for "weakened minds". have you heard the training they put up with? i think its a bit better than being a drop out, waiting for you mom to get home so she can spoon feed you. they are doing a serevice to our country. thats the definition of a strong mind buddy

your all tools minus maniac who actually responded without the juvenile resonses like" your an idiot" OMG PWNAGE" or what not.

i personally know somone who just finished his 4 year term in the marines and says it was the biggest waste of 4 years in his life.

why sign up for something where they plan on sending u out to possibly die? ill take my chances of passing away from natural causes than maybe adding a 10 or 20% chances especially during a time of war.

unless your a fearless gun ho badass without the fears of being killed then go for it.

i myself would rather spend the next 4 years of my life getting a degree and working on my career.

and to beinfest...ask how many ppl go to community colleges here and get ready to get rocked. your the one who needs a dose of reality if u think by going to a community college that you somehow cant succeed.you think just cause you go to a 4 year university that guarentees you a good job and career?sorry buddy you have to work just as hard as the next person in a CC to get a job.go one on one with a CC student for the same job u want and if he knows more about u in the field they wont give a s*** about where he got his degree only that he knows more than you do and thats what they want.there a millions of ppl who own businesses and are very successful with a high school degree yet alone a college one. its about experience and knowledge something of which you have none of. so how bout you STFU and enjoy your little "university" fantasy. Douche.

and to beinfest...ask how many ppl go to community colleges here and get ready to get rocked. your the one who needs a dose of reality if u think by going to a community college that you somehow cant succeed.you think just cause you go to a 4 year university that guarentees you a good job and career?sorry buddy you have to work just as hard as the next person in a CC to get a job.go one on one with a CC student for the same job u want and if he knows more about u in the field they wont give a s*** about where he got his degree only that he knows more than you do and thats what they want.there a millions of ppl who own businesses and are very successful with a high school degree yet alone a college one. its about experience and knowledge something of which you have none of. so how bout you STFU and enjoy your little "university" fantasy. Douche.

672812[/snapback]

My high school degree is worth more than a community college degree. 4 year universities sure as hell prepare you a lot better than a community college. I will enjoy my university fantasy because I will live it. By the way, your grasp of the english language, grammar, punctuation, and capitilization is about as good as my dogs grasp of modesty. In other words, its as good as nothing.

BTW: "there a millions of ppl who own businesses and are very successful with a high school degree yet alone a college one"

The correct way to say that sentance is: "There are millions of people who own businesses and are very succesful with a high school degree, let alone a college degree."

Live that fantasy out man, because a high school degree gets you no where in this world today. My uncle just started going to college now to get his degree because he realized that he was being passed over for promotions, and thus, a higher paying job because he didn't have a college degree. And again if you have a family business that pays well, skip college for all I care and go into it. Most people will tell you the biggest mistake they ever made was not getting a college degree.

Sheff, you can have a friend who was a Marine and thought it was the worst 4 years ever, but I also have a friend who says the same about high school, and he's 29, so everyone has an opinion man.

However, I'm interested in knowing why your Ex-Marine friend says he hated it. If he made it through all the training and was in the service for that long, they usually brainwash you into thinking the Marines are the best thing ever.

What I'm talking about, Is the Air Force. If you talk to anyone who's in or was in the AF, they'll tell you the same thing(usually). They'd tell you that it was worth it and defienttly do not regret it.

Every Ex-Servicemen or women I talk to who was in another branch of the Military would tell me, Ait Force, without a doubt.

Sheff, you can have a friend who was a Marine and thought it was the worst 4 years ever, but I also have a friend who says the same about high school, and he's 29, so everyone has an opinion man.

However, I'm interested in knowing why your Ex-Marine friend says he hated it. If he made it through all the training and was in the service for that long, they usually brainwash you into thinking the Marines are the best thing ever.

What I'm talking about, Is the Air Force. If you talk to anyone who's in or was in the AF, they'll tell you the same thing(usually). They'd tell you that it was worth it and defienttly do not regret it.

Every Ex-Servicemen or women I talk to who was in another branch of the Military would tell me, Ait Force, without a doubt.

672931[/snapback]

he just found no purpose in it and figured he would finish what he started since he would get money for being there and now hes collecting unemployment off it.

however its up to the person to decide.

but there is a reason why there are fewer than 5 million i bet theres less than that i just dont wanna get into numbers, that are enlisted in the army and more than 100 million ppl im sure who qualify in the age range.

if it was as good and great as ppl claim it to be and they pay for your college,why dont more ppl enlist and take advantage?ppl who cant afford to go to college would rather take out a student loan.