How much were scalped world series tickets?

Best bet would be to stay up all night waiting for them to go sale online so you can buy them. Cheaper and easier.

672194[/snapback]

Not possible.

The TicketMaster website becomes so flooded the absolute second they go on sale that the system goes down. It happened last year and it happens for every MAJOR event.

Best bet would be to stay up all night waiting for them to go sale online so you can buy them. Cheaper and easier.

672194[/snapback]

Not possible.

The TicketMaster website becomes so flooded the absolute second they go on sale that the system goes down. It happened last year and it happens for every MAJOR event.

672232[/snapback]

my neighbor bought them that way. anyways....you could always try a Ticketmaster outlet.

I wish I would have went to the 2003 WS... My dad and my aunt (lives in Cleveland) were calling to get tickets. My dad spent along time trying to get tickets for me :confused I guess we were not the lucky ones.

But in the long run I am kinda glad we didnt get tickets because I would of had a panic attack, those Yankees loved to come back in the 9th. :o I would have died if I was there :lol It's kinda hard to pace around when you are in your seats :lol

I go to school in New York, and I was able to get seats to game 1 & 2 for about $250 each (and they were in the lower level), but game 6 was impossible to find "good" seats for (because, if they're awful and $400, what's the point?). The best seats I found for game 6 were $1000 a piece through a broker.

Miami was much cheaper...I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think infield box seats were going for like $450 through scalpers and like $600-$800 through reputable brokers...

ya we ended up paying 300 a ticket for game 6.

We were actually luck that the marlins played NY cause the tickets were not that expensive because yankee stadium is the biggest stadium in the AL, and it was also the yankees who have been to like 8 world series the past 10 years.

This years world series ticket were like 1000 dollars a ticket or some high number

Random tip: call another cities ticketmaster.....a lot of people did that during the 2003 WS and were able to get tickets before some of the people on the Miami ticketmaster lines...

I know of people who called the California and Texas ticketmaster numbers and were able to get tickets.

672194[/snapback]

Not possible.

672232[/snapback]

I agree my mom went into work late so that she could get us tickets and then the system crashed and we ended up with nothing.

We got tickets in section 447 (behind the home plate, upper deck) for $60 each through Ticketmaster. I was one of the favored few who got through online. The guy next to us said he had bought his tickets from a ticket broker for $200 each. Also, I kind of kept up with the prices on e-bay. Around $200 seemed to be the going rate for "cheap" seats.

I paid $60 for Fish Tank...nice seats too.

672430[/snapback]

In the world series? not possible!!

They were at least $300 for lowel level seats.

673351[/snapback]

Yep...game 5. Here ya go:

I got it off Ticket Master in the morning...of the actual game. :cool

673563[/snapback]

You showed him. :thumbup

I paid $60 for Fish Tank...nice seats too.

672430[/snapback]

In the world series? not possible!!

They were at least $300 for lowel level seats.

673351[/snapback]

Yep...game 5. Here ya go:

I got it off Ticket Master in the morning...of the actual game. :cool

673563[/snapback]

You showed him. :thumbup

673630[/snapback]

We're talking about scalped ticket prices not face value you m00ktards! Read the name of the thread!!!!

Random tip: call another cities ticketmaster.....a lot of people did that during the 2003 WS and were able to get tickets before some of the people on the Miami ticketmaster lines...

I know of people who called the California and Texas ticketmaster numbers and were able to get tickets.

673088[/snapback]

Yup, that's the best bet. We get out seats from a relative in Colorado.

I was one of those who got mine in Alburquerque, NM ticketmaster by phone about 30-45 minutes after going on sale. I was at the Nova S. University Kendall computer room with all the computers at my disposal but the the server at TM was too crowded and couldnt get in. Some guy had the same idea and and then gave up and saw him calling TM's around the US. A Nova administrator i know tried SF TM and got through. Sadly, i got tickets for all the home games minus Game 4 (the best game here).