MVP 2005 is OFFICIALLY out!

Accord

My only problem is that Castillo seperated his shoulder and is out till June.694237[/snapback]

Ouch, that sucks.

I've had a bunch of guys get injured against me, but none of mine yet.

694248[/snapback]

You jinxed it you're screwed now

694416[/snapback]

I just lost Mike Lowell for 70 days. :plain

694730[/snapback]

I lost Luis for the season with a torn ACL. After that happened, I just went in and edited the "Player Durability" category for all the top guys.

694995[/snapback]

Thus far, injuries seem to happen way too easily. If I were you all, I'd turn down the frequency of injuries in the gameplay tuning window.

No!!!!!!!!!!! I totally suck at this game. But I was actually winning 2-1 off a Cabs 2 run shot, when my Gamecube crapped out. Boooo!!!!

694971[/snapback]

Flaw in the design. There's more and more disk read errors over time resulting in the death of the Gamecube. It's happened to about 40% of Gamecubes that were purchased at launch. Pretty cheap. :thumbdown

No!!!!!!!!!!!? I totally suck at this game.? But I was actually winning 2-1 off a Cabs 2 run shot, when my Gamecube crapped out.? Boooo!!!!

694971[/snapback]

Flaw in the design. There's more and more disk read errors over time resulting in the death of the Gamecube. It's happened to about 40% of Gamecubes that were purchased at launch. Pretty cheap. :thumbdown

695469[/snapback]

Yeah, one of my friends told me about that. It used to kill me when I would play Madden, but either I figured out ways to make it happen less often, or the problem got better on its own. It rarely happens nowadays. but it's always a worry in the back of your mind. It's pretty gay. I'm a Nintendo loyalist, but its enough to make you go hmmm....

wow is it me or is hitting homeruns difficult? ive only hit one and it was with juan encarnacion at PPS.

695421[/snapback]

In 6+ games, I've hit 4 HRs with Cabs. Cabs is the s***. I have one with Castillo, one with Delgado, and that's it. I just look for those high fastballs.

I can't run the bases for s***, though. I lose about 2 runs a game getting into pickles and what-not.

Guys, it's not hard to get out of debt. In your first year, you need to spend all your money stores and whatnot and you will be $5 million in debt, but if you make it to the World Series you'll earn more than $15 million in revenue.

695426[/snapback]

That's a good strategy, I spent a few hours running different scenarios for Middle market teams and found out which ones didnt leave you in lots of debt.

The one that worked best was to spend 1 mil of the starting 2 mil on the first tier of ads in "Stadium Upgrades". Once I got midway through the season I was able to buy the first extra seating upgrade for 4 mil. Of course, that success was based upon winning games and keeping the fans in the stadium.

Guys, it's not hard to get out of debt. In your first year, you need to spend all your money stores and whatnot and you will be $5 million in debt, but if you make it to the World Series you'll earn more than $15 million in revenue.

695426[/snapback]

That's a good strategy, I spent a few hours running different scenarios for Middle market teams and found out which ones didnt leave you in lots of debt.

The one that worked best was to spend 1 mil of the starting 2 mil on the first tier of ads in "Stadium Upgrades". Once I got midway through the season I was able to buy the first extra seating upgrade for 4 mil. Of course, that success was based upon winning games and keeping the fans in the stadium.

695518[/snapback]

Promos work well for drawing crowds as well, just make sure it's udring a game that doesn't have as much of an impact. I sold out a Sunday game against the Nationals by giving away bats.

Also, paring some of the larger salaries helps a lot. I traded Mike Cameron for Willy Mo Pena, then traded Floyd for Ryan Howard, started Victor Diaz in left and got an extra 3 Million on the season.

But I'd say start off by buying ads and a Dugout Dogs franchise.