MVP 2005 is OFFICIALLY out!

Accord

I started a dynasty on PS2 with the Yankees..... I've played 3 games and Tony Womack has hit 2 HRs so far..... first game he went 5-5, I am playing on Pro right now but I will kick it up a notch in a few days or after few more games.... I am striking out 8-10 batters with my starting pitchers every game.... is it that easy or just because its on Pro?

I started a dynasty on PS2 with the Yankees..... I've played 3 games and Tony Womack has hit 2 HRs so far..... first game he went 5-5, I am playing on Pro right now but I will kick it up a notch in a few days or after few more games.... I am striking out 8-10 batters with my starting pitchers every game.... is it that easy or just because its on Pro?

695935[/snapback]

Yeah, the reason it's easy is because you have it on Pro. The first day I had it, I was always blowing out the computer like 15-1, as soon as I kicked up the difficulty to allstar I was getting realistic games where you had to play small ball to win and couldn't rely on hitting a homer every AB.

BTW, did I mention the bunting in this game is absolutely AWESOME? I have never even taken a swing with JP or Luis at all since I bought the game, the bunting is so much fun lol. Really a huge step up from last year.

I'm 6-4 on Pro, but getting better...I still can't run the bases for s***. It's very annoying...

What's so cool about the bunting? Is there something to it? Cause I can't do that either. I'm like 0-5 with JP bunting. The 3B picks up the ball and throws me out be like 2-3 steps just about every time.

Also, I can't steal for s***. Is there a secret to that? I'm like 1-10.

I picked up right where I left off with the game last year.

20-0 with the Fish (on all-star) , projected to make $15-$21 million this year in the black. I overhauled the team so I have ever single cheap but solid player in the game. Sadly most are on 1 year contracts and they are unhappy and will need to be traded by the deadline for guys with longer contracts or let go if I don't want to balloon my payroll. Right now the payroll for the organization is at about $70 million.

Rotation:

Hudson

Brazleton

Jackson

AJ

Willis

Lineup:

Dunn (whatta shock)

Cabs

Furcal

Giles

Crisp

V. Martinez

Me (The same stats as Cabs, just faster 90 and a switch hitter)

JP

Bench:

Overbay

Hafner

McLemore

Robbie Alomar

Harris

Bullpen:

Kazmir

Spooney

Bump

Graci

Alfo

Olsen

And some minor leaguer who's name I forget (Guess who I never used)

Yeah I completely dismantled the Marlins. But the team is a compilation of my fave teams. Fish. Injuns, Bravos and of course Dunn.

I have 2 one hitters with Hudson so far, he has let up 1 run in like 4 starts, which is like 34 innings. Willis is tough to play as in the game. My offense is off the wall though, obviously. I am averaging like 6 runs a game.

And I for one like the soundtrack to the game. Has one awesome track on it. But no where near as good as last year's soundtrack. NHL 2004 has the best game soundtrack ever.

My lovely beautiful Tampa Day Devil Rays:

Rotation:

Rob Bell :plain

Casey Fossum

Dewon Brazelton

Doug Waechter

Scott Kazmir

Lineup:

LF: Carl Crawford

SS: BJ Upton

CF: Rocco Baldelli

RF: Aubrey Huff

DH: Josh Phelps

3B: Jorge Cantu (He's actually pretty awesome)

1B: Ben Brussard

C: Toby Hall

2B: Roberto Alamar

Pen:

Danys Baez -Closer

Lance Carter

Jesus Colome

Trever Miller

Jorge Sosa

Travis Harper

Bench:

RF: Jeff DaVannon

UT: Mark DeRosa

C: Kevin Cash

IF: Julio Lugo

1B/Of/3B: Eduardo Perez

Currently 4-3

EDIT: I like this arrangement better, 5-3 record now. I'm probably going to send Upton to AAA and call up Gaithraight.

Dontrelle is easily the worst pitcher in the Marlins rotation...in this game, anyway. I think someone at EA doesn't like him.

About bunting...I finally managed to get a hit bunting last night. Oddly enough, that hit turned into a homerun. I got a hit with some pitcher or other to lead off the inning, and decided I'd try to bunt for a basehit with JP. The ball went straight back to Pedro Martinez, but then after it hit his leg, he and the rest of the Mets just stood there and looked at it. And since the game wouldn't move on until someone either picked up the ball, or I brought both my runners home, I had no choice but to leg out my 60 foot homerun.

But it didn't give JP any credit, in fact it gave Castillo the hit and 2 RBIs, but not a HR. I have no idea what that was all about...the whole thing was super glitchy.

Has anyone else noticed this:

1). Dontrelle is fat! I dont think he should be as chunky as the game portrays him to be.

2). Trades are impossible, unless you're willing to take on alot of extra payroll?

696519[/snapback]

1) I think the game portrays him well, he isn't that fat, it's an improvement over last year where he was like a twig. I think the problem with him is not how EA made him look, but his pitching motion/delivery, he does the huge leg kick and everything but he throws the ball overhand right over his shoulder, not sidearm like in real life. This was enough to make me change it, I believe I changed it to "generic 9" or something which was actually pretty accurate.

2) Go into options and turn "Fair Trades" OFF. This will solve the problem.

Mid-Season report for me:

Encarnacion blew, so I traded his ass to the Giants for Brandon Puffer. Puffer is 10-1 with a 2.13 ERA in middle relief and as a spot starter.

Conine did s*** for me, so I sent him to the Reds for my main man Ryan Freel.

I sent those two guys packing because in 100 or something AB's making spot starts and pinch hitting appearances, Josh Willingham was hitting .328. After being the new starter for about a month now, he's hitting about .302. He's incredible.

In triple-A, my 3-4 punch is Jason Stokes and Jeremy Hermida. I kinda edited Stokes and Hermida to what I thought they deserved to be around. They are tearing it up waiting for the call... It's pretty cool.

This game is awesome to say the least.

2) Go into options and turn "Fair Trades" OFF.? This will solve the problem.

696692[/snapback]

Yea but if I do that, then I can trade Lenny Harris for Pujols :confused

I had fair trades on in MVP 2004 and no problems trading but in this game, every other GM must be Billy Beane

696939[/snapback]

I havnt had problems with the trading in 2005, I traded Conine to the Red Sox for Aaron Friese (or whoever represents Kevin Millar), and I did a blockbuster deal which involved Mike Lowell, Ishmael Valdez, and Josh Willingham to the Cubs for Mark Prior and Aramis Ramirez.

It depends on who you are trying to trade for (I tried a hundred ways and could not sign Johan Santana), but 2005 seems pretty realistic in the trading catagory.