Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rich Waltz Debuts Today

Featured Replies

Television broadcaster Rich Waltz makes his debut today when Fox Sports Net televises its first spring Marlins game at 1:05 p.m.

 

Waltz said he and color analyst Tommy Hutton "can't wait to start. We've been watching a month's worth of spring training and haven't done any games."

 

Link to Full Article

 

Tune in on FSN

Tommy claims there has been no kind of "rehearsals." Says he and Len went in cold and it worked.

 

Waltz may be a different dance but the potential success is there because Tommy doesn't have an ego problem. He's a team player.

 

Anyway, announcers deserve a Spring Training, too.

I can't wait to see the Marlins on TV. I only get to watch them when they're on FSN. It'll be a busy day of channel surfing for me - between the Marlins and College Basketball.

I think his voice and Tommy's sort of blend in together. I'm not a fan.

That's my vote too, so far. NOT a fan.

FSN wants him to stay low key in terms of his call until the season starts. Today is just a test drive. You cannot judge fairly until the season is over.

I think his voice and Tommy's sort of blend in together. I'm not a fan.

716011[/snapback]

yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking.

 

he's also sleep inducing.

I think his voice and Tommy's sort of blend in together. I'm not a fan.

716011[/snapback]

yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking.

 

he's also sleep inducing.

716062[/snapback]

Also what I was thinking. With Len, it was different. This dude kinda puts me into some trance. w/e, win some loose some.

i don't like him. he seems to say 'uhh' ::studder:: way too much

 

:censored . i want len back

 

anyone up for a kidnapping? :burglar

Rich Waltz is so boring, more often than not the stadium noises were drowning out what he was saying because he talks so quiet and softly.

 

Len made everything interesting, even just hearing him saying "Inning Over" was entertaining, this guy is terrible.

 

That kid with the fake deep voice from the UM broadcast is better than Rich Waltz.

I was at the game so I didnt hear Rich talk. I am guessing from your posts that he wasnt that good. Maybe he was just nervous :confused

That kid with the fake deep voice from the UM broadcast is better than Rich Waltz.

 

LOL he couldn't have been THAT bad...

That kid with the fake deep voice from the UM broadcast is better than Rich Waltz.

 

LOL he couldn't have been THAT bad...

716153[/snapback]

 

Nah, but he was close. Sometimes you didn't even realize he was talking.

I said earlier that "Announcers deserve a Spring Training, too."

That said, I muted the TV in the 7th inning and turned on the radio.

Tommy did the best he could. But he had a dead weight attached.

C'mon, cut the guy some slack...it was his first freakin' game. You guys are unreal.

 

:thumbdown

I can't fully judge him until about the second week once he develops a routine and becomes familiar with his surroundings. However, the stadium noises were heard too much.

 

This game was quite boring to call. Nothing really happened. When Lo Duca got the hit with the bases loaded to score 2, he did get pretty excited. Remember that this is his first telecast with us and he didn't want to seem overexcited. Len did the exact same thing the first half of his first season in 2002. It seemed like he whispered most of the time, but once he got into it, he grew into the person we know him as.

Good Lord... You people are harsh and have no patience...

 

I watched the game up until the 6th inning or so, and I thought he was fine, considering it was his first game as a Marlin and considering they were calling a SPRING TRAINING GAME !!! Meaning the stadium is smaller, all the fans were closer, etc...

 

I could barely hear Craig Minervini and Josh Beckett during that little in-game interview. It wasn't Rich Waltz, it was the surroundings... Probably even the equipment....

 

Listen to the guy a few more games before you start putting kidnapping plans together to bring Len back..

 

Now, a question.... Did Waltz ever do ESPN games? He sounds familiar...

Good Lord... You people are harsh and have no patience...

 

I watched the game up until the 6th inning or so, and I thought he was fine, considering it was his first game as a Marlin and considering they were calling a SPRING TRAINING GAME !!! Meaning the stadium is smaller, all the fans were closer, etc...

 

I could barely hear Craig Minervini and Josh Beckett during that little in-game interview. It wasn't Rich Waltz, it was the surroundings... Probably even the equipment....

 

Listen to the guy a few more games before you start putting kidnapping plans together to bring Len back..

 

Now, a question.... Did Waltz ever do ESPN games? He sounds familiar...

716208[/snapback]

Seems like they audio was uneven compared to what we are used to.

 

Waltz has done games on ESPN.

I said earlier that "Announcers deserve a Spring Training, too."

That said, I muted the TV in the 7th inning and turned on the radio.

Tommy did the best he could. But he had a dead weight attached.

716199[/snapback]

 

I tried to do that, but there was a 15 second delay between my DirecTV and the radio.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.