Encarnacion...

Had a great game. Not on paper, but Juan had better plate discipline tonight then I have ever seen from him. He had some great plays in right. Just an all-round great start to the season for Big E.

732046[/snapback]

I agree. And one of the outs he made he hit the ball real hard... it was just right at Brian Jordan.

He's gotten some bad jumps on balls the past 2 days, but made up for it with his speed. I like his approach at the plate though. Hope it continues.

732070[/snapback]

I just don't get this "bad jump" thing.

On the several plays I saw him make he made the correct move to go back on the ball and then come in to catch it so his body was moving in the correct direction (read toward the infield cut-off man) to make the appropriate throw.

I did miss a few minutes of the game when I was putting my kid to bed but otherwise I thought absent the miscommunication with JP he played his position well tonight.

He's gotten some bad jumps on balls the past 2 days, but made up for it with his speed. I like his approach at the plate though. Hope it continues.

732070[/snapback]

I just don't get this "bad jump" thing.

On the several plays I saw him make he made the correct move to go back on the ball and then come in to catch it so his body was moving in the correct direction (read toward the infield cut-off man) to make the appropriate throw.

I did miss a few minutes of the game when I was putting my kid to bed but otherwise I thought absent the miscommunication with JP he played his position well tonight.

732109[/snapback]

I agree. I failed to see anything bad from Juan fielding wise.

Guest Moneyball

So it was the wind last night? Good to know. Asked that before. Got no answer.

732161[/snapback]

Yesterday at the park the wind was howling all day. That's why I was so shocked at Juan's grand salami, because the wind was coming in hard.

:plain

732167[/snapback]

I don't think DS is that type of ballpark where you can determine what direction the wind is blowing. It tends to swirl a lot.

If any of you have been at DS at night during a light drizzle can see that the rain actually swirls back up in the OF sometimes. Yesterday the flags in center weren't moving much. The wind tends to blow real hard above the stadium.

So it was the wind last night? Good to know. Asked that before. Got no answer.

732161[/snapback]

Yesterday at the park the wind was howling all day. That's why I was so shocked at Juan's grand salami, because the wind was coming in hard.

:plain

732167[/snapback]

It looked the wind actually stood that ball up. When it came off the bat it looked like he really crushed it, and then it barely made it over the scoreboard into the first row of orange seats.