Something's Gotta Give

Lefty

Our hitters are too talented to stay this quiet. We have been getting massive amount of singles, but we all know the heart of the lineup is going to break out big very soon. I don't know when, exactly--but you can bet your arse it's gonna happen.

1-2 with 159 games left! Let the playoff chase begin!

Our hitters are too talented to stay this quiet. We have been getting massive amount of singles, but we all know the heart of the lineup is going to break out big very soon. I don't know when, exactly--but you can bet your arse it's gonna happen.

733521[/snapback]

I agree. They will soon break out. It is just a matter of time...

GO MARLINS!

yea, they used up all their runs in that first game. It's the typical type of performance after a big game. 2 let down's, the whole lineup seems a little flat. Hopefully they pick it up soon, don't wanna be in a hole this early in the season, but I guess better now then later. Cabrera looks like he is asleep out there.....what the hell is wrong with him.

733521[/snapback]

They can get all the singles they want. If they arent hitting with men on base, what's the use?

I just hope they wake up...very soon. :confused

we need to be more agressive. More hit and runs, and I would have liked to see JP and Enc steeling tonight. We are too pasive out there waiting all of those DPs

733542[/snapback]

I agree with you. I think we need to be more aggressive on the basepaths. But, that's just how Jack is - he's not in favor of aggressive baserunning. The other thing is that I am not sure JP is 100%... not sure if he could really steal a base right now if we needed him to.

Guest Moneyball

Our offense has been very inconsistent since the beginning of 2004. They barely hit in ST and these last two games we've only scored 3 runs and hit into 8 DP's. We were at the top of the league in DP's last year. We were at the bottom of most offensive categories. At some point decisions are going to have to be made by the FO on a certain coach.

*glares at Bill Robinson.

Guest Juanky

At least Lenny runs hard to first and evens falls to the floor trying to get there. Anybody else left on the bench jogs the play out.

Why not let Enc bat third one game, for fun? Not like Miguel's doing anything.

Don't y'all think that the double plays are the Marlins' undoing? I mean, they could've scored a lot of points if it hadn't been for those. I wonder if there's a way to prevent them.

733742[/snapback]

yeah i love scoring points in baseball. hmm, especially getting 6 at a time...lets call that a 6 run home run. how exciting