Seriously, start Conine from here on out

Iowa

...and don't look back.

Get Encarnacion off this team.. the lack of effort does nothing but bring everyone else down.

Not to mention his TERRIBLE swing at the plate.

Conine obviously isn't as athletic or doesn't have the arm of Encarnacion but he will give much more QUALITY at bats and you know he will always give 100%

At the beginning of the season I just wanted Conine to start but now I just want Encarnacion off this team. His lack of effort is disgusting. I want the veteran presence of one of our team leaders on the field EVERY SINGLE GAME.

...and don't look back.

Get Encarnacion off this team.. the lack of effort does nothing but bring everyone else down.

Conine obviously isn't as athletic or doesn't have the arm of Encarnacion but he will give much more QUALITY at bats and you know he will always give 100%

At the beginning of the season I just wanted Conine to start but now I just want Encarnacion off this team. His lack of effort is disgusting. I want the veteran presence of one of our team leaders on the field EVERY SINGLE GAME.

810438[/snapback]

i like it. as i cant watch the games here i cant comment on juan's ABs. but this is a situation where the marlins need to step it up psychologically, and a proven team leader like conine is one of the few guys that can provide it. let's free steve.

What makes Conine the B-A-N-A-N-A-S? Call someone up. :mischief

810505[/snapback]

Will some 12-year old explain why you kids call things "bananas"? I had never heard the saying until that stupid Gwen song. It makes calling things "tight" seem like a good saying. I've never heard anything dumber than calling something "bananas."

I've been a Encarnacion supporter this year, and to be honest I don't see where all the hate is coming from. Sure he had 2 errors in one game the other day, but those are the only 2 errors he's had all season. His BA has been hovering around .270 the entire season...so he has been very steady. This is a huge improvement over last year.

His RBI production has tailed off this month, but then again, he hasn't had as many opportunities as the entire team has been struggling offensively. Still he has the 3rd highest RBI total on the team. He has 37 and if you project Conine's numbers he would only have 16 with the same # ABs.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind at all seeing Conine get a few starts in RF to see if he can spark the team, but I certainly wouldn't expect a huge upgrade offensively from him, and he certainly won't be as good defensively.

What makes Conine the B-A-N-A-N-A-S? Call someone up. :mischief

810505[/snapback]

Will some 12-year old explain why you kids call things "bananas"? I had never heard the saying until that stupid Gwen song. It makes calling things "tight" seem like a good saying. I've never heard anything dumber than calling something "bananas."

810510[/snapback]

I'm not 12 (I'm 21, is that close enough) but I'll try. It comes from referring to something that is "cool" as "crazy" and bananas comes from that. "It's so crazy it's bananas" Hope that helped.

Oh and Enc shouldn't be benched because he's been consistent and steady.

What makes Conine the B-A-N-A-N-A-S? Call someone up.? :mischief

810505[/snapback]

810510[/snapback]

Well Sir... Since this s*** is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S I assume Quiksilver is saying "What makes Conine the s***? Call someone up." He is of course wrong. And most likely too young to have a strong connection with niner from a little decade I call the 90s. I agree with the consensus here. Put Conine in right.

...and don't look back.

810438[/snapback]

i totally agree w/ you that juan needs to be benched. his plate apperances are getting more and more lack luster with every swing. its like hes not even trying out there. hes got some wheels and he could easily be a good guy to have at the bottom of the order working the count and geting on base but he doesnt even do that.

as for lack of effort. you forget that last week he fliped over the wall in right field to catch a fly ball. then again, he missed a fly ball into right center on monday night. i dont know if its "lack of effort" as it is him letting his offensive woes get to him defensively.

all in all i COMPLETELY AGREE that Juan needs to ride the bench for a while and Conine needs to see more AB's. I mean hell, he deserves it after being benched for Juan and taking it like a man.

I've been a Encarnacion supporter this year, and to be honest I don't see where all the hate is coming from. Sure he had 2 errors in one game the other day, but those are the only 2 errors he's had all season. His BA has been hovering around .270 the entire season...so he has been very steady. This is a huge improvement over last year.

His RBI production has tailed off this month, but then again, he hasn't had as many opportunities as the entire team has been struggling offensively. Still he has the 3rd highest RBI total on the team. He has 37 and if you project Conine's numbers he would only have 16 with the same # ABs.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind at all seeing Conine get a few starts in RF to see if he can spark the team, but I certainly wouldn't expect a huge upgrade offensively from him, and he certainly won't be as good defensively.

810538[/snapback]

Enc only has two errors because he isn't getting close enough to most of them for it to be ruled an error. When he lets a ball drop behind him at the base of the fence, or jogs to a ball in the corner while runners circle the bases, or gives a half-assed effort like that fly ball last night those don't show up as errors. They are glaring examples of the type of effort he's been giving in the field more often than not.

On RBI production, you're ignoring Enc had two grand slams that inflated his numbers early. Conine isn't getting the opportunity to get RBIs that Enc is. He's mainly used as a pinch hitter in the pitcher's spot. I think offensively it would be a wash, but defensively Conine gets great reads off the bat and busts his butt out there to make plays. That's where Enc is really killing us.

810538[/snapback]

Enc only has two errors because he isn't getting close enough to most of them for it to be ruled an error. When he lets a ball drop behind him at the base of the fence, or jogs to a ball in the corner while runners circle the bases, or gives a half-assed effort like that fly ball last night those don't show up as errors. They are glaring examples of the type of effort he's been giving in the field more often than not.

On RBI production, you're ignoring Enc had two grand slams that inflated his numbers early. Conine isn't getting the opportunity to get RBIs that Enc is. He's mainly used as a pinch hitter in the pitcher's spot. I think offensively it would be a wash, but defensively Conine gets great reads off the bat and busts his butt out there to make plays. That's where Enc is really killing us.

810618[/snapback]

So Grand Slams don't count now?