*Moehler bangs head*

Hotcorner

Apr 24 vs CIN, 7 IP, 1 ER, 1 BB, gets loss.

May 10 vs HOU, 6 IP, 1 ER, 2 BB, no decision.

May 22 vs TB, 5 IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, no decision.

May 27 vs NYM, 8 IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, gets loss.

Jun 7 vs SEA, 7 IP, 2 ER, 2 BB, no decision.

Jun 17 vs ANA, 8+IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, no decision.

:plain

Apr 24 vs CIN, 7 IP, 1 ER, 1 BB, gets loss. :banghead

May 10 vs HOU, 6 IP, 1 ER, 2 BB, no decision. :banghead

May 22 vs TB, 5 IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, no decision. :banghead

May 27 vs NYM, 8 IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, gets loss. :banghead

Jun 7 vs SEA, 7 IP, 2 ER, 2 BB, no decision. :banghead

Jun 17 vs ANA, 8+IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, no decision. :banghead

815164[/snapback]

:banghead

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

If Jack had trusted his closer, he gets a win tonight...

815166[/snapback]

What team doesn't bring in their main closer in a situation like that??????? I've never seen that before! Every team in that same situation brings in their ace closer and Jack dropped the ball .......again!!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

815164[/snapback]

^^^^what he said

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Moehler had a very low pitch count & was cruising. I may have brought in Jones personally, but I don't blame Jack there. Plus Moehler gets out of the jam if Alex makes a throw my grandmother could make. Let's not rehash the game for the 100th time already, christ....

Moehler had a very low pitch count & was cruising. I may have brought in Jones personally, but I don't blame Jack there. Plus Moehler gets out of the jam if Alex makes a throw my grandmother could make. Let's not rehash the game for the 100th time already, christ....

815172[/snapback]

Moehler has only been averaging about 75 or so pitches per game this season, so even though 85 is low by the standards of guys like Beckett, AJ, and D-Train... it's up there for Moehler.

Moehler had a very low pitch count & was cruising.? I may have brought in Jones personally, but I don't blame Jack there.? Plus Moehler gets out of the jam if Alex makes a throw my grandmother could make.? Let's not rehash the game for the 100th time already, christ....

815172[/snapback]

Moehler has only been averaging about 75 or so pitches per game this season, so even though 85 is low by the standards of guys like Beckett, AJ, and D-Train... it's up there for Moehler.

815175[/snapback]

That stat is misleading -- earlier in the year Moehler could not go more than 50-70 pitches because he was used out of the bullpen from the start-- but he has built his arm strength up to where he can throw 100 pitches without much of a problem. (last four starts his average is 99 pitches, last two starts 105)

yea, and if we bring out todd and he blows the save, then all of you poeple will be saying, " why didnt jack leave moelher(sp) in for the CG!?!?!?! jack blew it AGAIN!"

some of you dont relise that you cant change it, its done, we lost 1 game, 1

GEEZ. great outing by brian, we just didnt come threw

I personally think that Jack did the right thing in keeping Moehler in the game. He was cruising and had a low pitch count and if Alex makes the play at the plate, we may not be talking about this today. It wasn't Jack's or Brian's fault and I guess you can't really blame Alex. The offense should atleast give you more than two runs though..

815164[/snapback]

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Guest Juanky

If Jack had trusted his closer, he gets a win tonight...

815166[/snapback]

What team doesn't bring in their main closer in a situation like that??????? I've never seen that before! Every team in that same situation brings in their ace closer and Jack dropped the ball .......again!!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

815167[/snapback]

What team does bring in their closer? I can't think of a single manager that passes on giving the guy a complete game with less than 90 pitches going into the 9th. He had absolutely dominated the 6th, 7th, and 8th, and outside of the double Moe did well in the ninth. An error tied the game, not Moehler failing to make a pitch.

what are you talking about whoshaq? what manager wouldnt have left the pitcher in? please, have some sense of baseball before writing something like that, and nice statement you made there juanky 100% true

815349[/snapback]

Not in a 2-1 game on the road. I know in hindsight you guys all saw Jones allow the hr to lose the game today.Probably would of happened in the 9th if Jones was in last night,LOL.Who knows,right? :confused

I know,I am just frustrated..so the comments I make are a little over the top...but most teams would bring in their ace closer to start the 9th in a one run game on the road.

In games where the pitcher on any given team enters the 9th with a comfortable lead is basically where you find the manager letting his starter try and close out a complete game.Not in a tight one run game on the road.

You'll see Gagne in there.Rivera in there.The Cordero's...and so on and so on.The way Jones has been pitching (2nd lowest era among all relievers at 1.24) and 11 saves in like 12 Opps and automatic lights out on the most part...he's been our Gagne.Our Rivera.

In any similar situation...almost every manager would of made the move in THAT scenario.

I am NOT saying I always agree with the manager's moves..but I am not a MLB manager.It's just what I have seen time after time after time in 1 run or 2 runs games entering the 9th innings in MLB.

Most know my thoughts on McKeon...heyt I started the It's time to let Jack go thread.

But yesterday allowing Moehler start the 9th I think was the right decision. The problem was not when he took him out or who he brought in. It was 13 runners left on base. It was 7 runners left in scoring position.

Today Jack again did fine on the pitching decisions imo. Our staff allowed 2 solo HRs to Vlad....the bats did not do their part.

Same as I have said all along...this team is not executing.

Guest Juanky

Well, atleast we all know not to throw high and inside to Vladdy anymore..cause he'll kill the next one..

816426[/snapback]

You can't throw to Vladdy at all. IBB by throwing balls into the dugout