EA loses MLB rights looks to the college ranks

Junior

http://sports.ign.com/articles/622/622268p1.html

I've always wanted to play a college baseball game, and that's why I was excited about a year ago when I heard EA Sports was hoping to incorporate college teams and stadiums into MVP Baseball. Think about that for a second. MLB, the minor leagues, and NCAA baseball all in one game. Still makes my head spin.

Trade that wood for an aluminum bat.

Obviously, it didn't work out in time for MVP 2005, but now that EA has lost the MLB license, sources say that they are looking toward the collegiate ranks for their next baseball title. Trade in the crack of the wood for the dink of the aluminum, use the MVP engine, and I think you have a hot seller out of nowhere. I know I would rather buy one MLB game and one NCAA game rather than two MLB games, and I think the new direction will work.

It's funny, because one of the strategies of MLB in giving the exclusive license to 2K Sports was the thought that all of the talent working on the various baseball videogames would naturally leave companies like EA and Midway and go work for 2K to make the ultimate MLB game. Looks like that idea backfired, as EA is not only coming out with a competitive product, it's bringing back the MVP engine, which I feel is the best in baseball.

:thumbup :thumbup

For the PC version, it would be in their best interest if they did not change their file formats while at the same time adding new features. That way, people can re-assemble the Major Leagues into the game, complete with stadiums, and rosters. The "modibility" factor will probably be what it comes down to for me deciding whether or not I will stick with MVP 2005 or get this game.

Very cool. Recruiting would be so damn hard. 11.7 scholarships, draft-eligible prspects and current players.

For those hoping for an all incorporated baseball game, Out of the Park is joining the Sports Interactive (developers of Champiionship Manager soccer and Eastside Hockey Manager). It's an text based game and should be out next spring, but you can have unlimited leagues with various ties between them.

Guest Juanky

That would be great.

Seriously. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

816651[/snapback]

Ditto

Seriously I've been waiting for this forever

IMO, mlb 2006 from 989 is the game to get

816685[/snapback]

There won't be a mlb '06! 2K sports is the only game developer that will make a Major League game.

816700[/snapback]

I read somewhere that first party companies (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) can still make MLB games, anyone know if that's still true?

For the PC version, it would be in their best interest if they did not change their file formats while at the same time adding new features. That way, people can re-assemble the Major Leagues into the game, complete with stadiums, and rosters. The "modibility" factor will probably be what it comes down to for me deciding whether or not I will stick with MVP 2005 or get this game.

816602[/snapback]

Great point. I'd buy the game simply to get a bootleg MVP 2006

For the PC version, it would be in their best interest if they did not change their file formats while at the same time adding new features.? That way, people can re-assemble the Major Leagues into the game, complete with stadiums, and rosters.? The "modibility" factor will probably be what it comes down to for me deciding whether or not I will stick with MVP 2005 or get this game.

816602[/snapback]

Great point. I'd buy the game simply to get a bootleg MVP 2006

817998[/snapback]

Yea on MVPmods they are making a college game off of MVP '05. So you would do that in reverse with the College game and turn it into a pro game.