Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dillon at Third next two games???

Featured Replies

Why was Joe Dillon brought up? Why isn't he being used (beyond an occasional pinch-hit?) What a miserable un-productive experience it must be for him.

Hope Willingham gets traded so he doesn't have to put up with this mismanagement.

Fire McKeon. Let's get going.

Why was Joe Dillon brought up? Why isn't he being used (beyond an occasional pinch-hit?) What a miserable un-productive experience it must be for him.

Hope Willingham gets traded so he doesn't have to put up with this mismanagement.

Fire McKeon. Let's get going.

818294[/snapback]

 

 

Worst post in the history of marlinsbaseball.com?

 

I think Dillon deserves to start a couple of games but calling it a miserable experience for him? Come on, just being in the major leagues is every ballplayer's dream. Especially looking at Dillon's story. mismanagement? Lowell > Dillon. He is a 3 time all-star.

 

Willingham will be traded- and not because we are mismanaged. He will be traded to IMPROVE our ballclub.

 

I can't wait to see you praise the Marlins in October! :thumbup

Why was Joe Dillon brought up? Why isn't he being used (beyond an occasional pinch-hit?) What a miserable un-productive experience it must be for him.

Hope Willingham gets traded so he doesn't have to put up with this mismanagement.

Fire McKeon. Let's get going.

818294[/snapback]

 

 

Worst post in the history of marlinsbaseball.com?

 

I think Dillon deserves to start a couple of games but calling it a miserable experience for him? Come on, just being in the major leagues is every ballplayer's dream. Especially looking at Dillon's story. mismanagement? Lowell > Dillon. He is a 3 time all-star.

 

Willingham will be traded- and not because we are mismanaged. He will be traded to IMPROVE our ballclub.

 

I can't wait to see you praise the Marlins in October! :thumbup

818303[/snapback]

you of all people talking about worst post in mb history? and about him praising the team in October?

 

come on, you know better than that

we got ride of matt treanor? who is the back up then?

818312[/snapback]

sarcasm

I highly doubt it is a bad experience for Dillon since it is every ballplayers dream to be at that level. Where better to be than a big league ballplayer if your at any level.

 

As for him supplanting Lowell at third he would be at least 2nd in line cause if Lowell were to get moved that would move Miguel Cabrera to third, so Dillon isn't even first on that list.

Not sure why everyone thinks Joe D sitting on the bench is so much fun for him

 

maybe the first few weeks were cool, but Im sure he is getting antsy to swing the f'in bat

I have no problem with Dillon at third TONIGHT seeing as it is an off day :)

818355[/snapback]

 

 

Finally.

818360[/snapback]

you guys are splitting hairs here... he obviously meant in our next game

Not sure why everyone thinks Joe D sitting on the bench is so much fun for him

 

maybe the first few weeks were cool, but Im sure he is getting antsy to swing the f'in bat

818350[/snapback]

sure. but i doubt he's miserable.

I'd like to see Joe get a few starts. But Jack is struggling to get all of his starters going, so it likely won't happen for awhile...perhaps next Sunday.

"Fire mckeon, trade lowell and pierre, ditch Beckett, fire Robinson and encarnassion" some of you are reeeeeeal smart....

 

We all want dillon to play, but dont bench lowell....

"Fire mckeon, trade lowell and pierre, ditch Beckett, fire Robinson and encarnassion" some of you are reeeeeeal smart....

 

We all want dillon to play, but dont bench lowell....

818566[/snapback]

yea, it's a shame we are allowed to voice our opinions

theres nothing wrong in voicing opinions, but i dont understand why some users feel the need to request a fireing of a stall member or player on the team when he slumps, or falls below normal expectancy lines. Have confidence in the team.

  • Author

I don't want Lowell "benched." I certainly do not want him traded.

He is going through a curious early-season offensive slump.

 

He'll get back in the groove.

 

But, if you bring up someone like Dillon and let him stagnate after the triumphant cry of "Run, Joe, Run" you are doing a disservice to the player and the team.

As I said above, how will Jack abuse Willingham if he deservedly is brought up?

 

No simple answers here. But, if you bring up a producing Minor and keep him on the bench... there is no progress. And a weekly pinch-hit AB does nothing to help.

 

I've really become disillusioned with Jack.

I also feel dillon should get some more ABs. I also feel that Dillon has a future in the bigs, but not as an everyday starter. Hes in the role that suits him right now. Unlike willingham who I feel should be able to be some team's everyday starter before he turns 30.

I don't want Lowell "benched." I certainly do not want him traded.

He is going through a curious early-season offensive slump.

 

He'll get back in the groove.

 

But, if you bring up someone like Dillon and let him stagnate after the triumphant cry of "Run, Joe, Run" you are doing a disservice to the player and the team.

As I said above, how will Jack abuse Willingham if he deservedly is brought up?

 

No simple answers here. But, if you bring up a producing Minor and keep him on the bench... there is no progress. And a weekly pinch-hit AB does nothing to help.

 

I've really become disillusioned with Jack.

818794[/snapback]

 

This is just the way with Jack. It's his MO. Every place he's been has been the same pattern. His caustic ways tend to wear out his welcome. Just because he says cute and funny things doesn't mean he's not the cause of the tension in the clubhouse.

I don't want Lowell "benched."? I certainly do not want him traded.

He is going through a curious early-season offensive slump.

 

He'll get back in the groove.

 

But, if you bring up someone like Dillon and let him stagnate after the triumphant cry of "Run, Joe, Run" you are doing a disservice to the player and the team.

As I said above, how will Jack abuse Willingham if he deservedly is brought up?

 

No simple answers here.? But, if you bring up a producing Minor and keep him on the bench... there is no progress.? And a weekly pinch-hit AB does nothing to help.

 

I've really become disillusioned with Jack.

818794[/snapback]

 

This is just the way with Jack. It's his MO. Every place he's been has been the same pattern. His caustic ways tend to wear out his welcome. Just because he says cute and funny things doesn't mean he's not the cause of the tension in the clubhouse.

818799[/snapback]

 

Is it really? Jack's firings from most teams have been b/c the teams have struggled, with the exception perhaps of the reds, in which I feel he may have been fired, b/c management was babying griffey, who didnt like mckeon

I don't want Lowell "benched." I certainly do not want him traded.

He is going through a curious early-season offensive slump.

 

He'll get back in the groove.

 

But, if you bring up someone like Dillon and let him stagnate after the triumphant cry of "Run, Joe, Run" you are doing a disservice to the player and the team.

As I said above, how will Jack abuse Willingham if he deservedly is brought up?

 

No simple answers here. But, if you bring up a producing Minor and keep him on the bench... there is no progress. And a weekly pinch-hit AB does nothing to help.

 

I've really become disillusioned with Jack.

818794[/snapback]

 

This is exactly why Lenny Harris is on the team and Willingham is better off playing every day in Albuquerque. I'm sure everyone on the boards would agree that Willingham would put up better numbers than Lenny if they were both thrust into starting roles...however Lenny is far more suited to his time on the bench as a role player. The Phillies are going through a fairly similar situation/dilemma with Ryan Howard. Until an injury occurs or a trade is made don't look for much roster movement.

 

As for Dillon, he is what he is, a bench player. In all honesty, I'd rather give his extra AB's to Easley. Also, I'm fairly certain Dillon would not trade a second of his time on the bench in Florida in exchange for his quest to become the next "Crash Davis."

 

:hat

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.