Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A couple of relievers to be released

Featured Replies

The Yankees may be planning to release both Paul Quantrill and Mike Stanton on Thursday.

 

Quantrill and Stanton shook hands and exchanged hugs with teammates and club personnel after Wednesday night's rainout at Camden Yards. Quantrill would not comment after leaving the clubhouse, and Stanton said, ''You can read between the lines.'' One of the roster spots is expected to be filled by another utility infielder, Felix Escalona. The Yankees could also recall Colter Bean if both Quantrill and Stanton go. Jun. 30 - 1:38 am et

Both have been terrible this year. I'd say take a flier on Stanton. Still has had good success vs. lefties this year (.176 BAA vs. lefties).. Even tho VDLS had a good outting tonight, I think I'd feel more comfortable with Stanton, if hes really cheap of course.

 

What do you guys think?

They can't be any worse than reidling rainbow...

833139[/snapback]

:lol :notworthy :notworthy

They can't be any worse than reidling rainbow...

833139[/snapback]

 

Classic. :notworthy

 

And totally for Stanton, not as high on Quantrill, but honestly I am willing to give anything a try.

at this point i'll take both, they cant be worse than some of the guys we have, and maybe a change of scenary(dont know if spelled right) will dothem good and a change of league to the national maybe that would help....so i'll take both and hopefully we atleast get 1........n the reidling rainbow was a good one :thumbup

  • Author

I haven't seen him pitch all year.. just noticed he has some decent splits vs. lefties. 9.2 IP, 6 H, 7 K, 0 HR, 0.93 WHIP, .176 BAA

What was it nine innings of one run baseball for the bullpen? Any other night you might have a legitimate beef, but even though Riedling hung one pitch that the league's HR leader took yard, the bullpen was fantastic last night.

 

Sheesh.

 

As for Stanton and Quantrill, now you see why there was a Encarnacion for Quantrill rumor coming out of New York a day or two ago. Admin Beinfest I'm suspect said no, probably to both.

stanton wouldnt be too bad to toss into the pen as well. They are saying on ESPN 1400 radio that this week expect juan Enc to be up with the yanks for something

I'd take Quantrill, he's a horse and will do better back in the NL.

833186[/snapback]

 

He couldn't do any worse than he's done already this year.

 

Neither Quantrill nor Stanton are guys you rebuild your bullpen with if you are serious about making a second-half run. They can't even eat innings for you.

  • Author

What was it nine innings of one run baseball for the bullpen? Any other night you might have a legitimate beef, but even though Riedling hung one pitch that the league's HR leader took yard, the bullpen was fantastic last night.

 

Sheesh.

833176[/snapback]

What does that have to do with anything? What are you talking about? No beef here ponch

Take Stanton, we need a veteran lefty.

833271[/snapback]

Stanton is done.

833398[/snapback]

 

Stanton was done with the Mets...I don't know how the Yankees didnt see that.

Take Stanton, we need a veteran lefty.

833271[/snapback]

Stanton is done.

833398[/snapback]

 

Stanton was done with the Mets...I don't know how the Yankees didnt see that.

833438[/snapback]

 

:thumbup

Take Stanton, we need a veteran lefty.

833271[/snapback]

Stanton is done.

833398[/snapback]

 

Stanton was done with the Mets...I don't know how the Yankees didnt see that.

833438[/snapback]

 

It's an epidemic over there...like the Simpsons where they leave the dog at the retirement home and he becomes old in a day. Pavano's throwing meatballs for them when he won 18 games with our crap offense behind him last season.

See guys I told you Quatrill would be released, and you guys wanted to exchange Juan Encarnacion for him, see what patience does? Now we get to have him for the minimum! I would also welcome Mike Stanton.

See guys I told you Quatrill would be released, and you guys wanted to exchange Juan Encarnacion for him, see what patience does? Now we get to have him for the minimum! I would also welcome Mike Stanton.

833512[/snapback]

I doubt we sign any of these guys.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.