Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Dontrelle be the ASG Starter!?

Featured Replies

I just saw on ESPNEWS in the bottem corner that there will be a ASG manager press conference at 11:45, so im guessing that it is that time of year again.

 

Who will it be!? 2003 ROTY Dontrelle Willis, 7 TIME Cy Young Roger Clemens, Cardinal Ace Chris Carpenter!?

I say they don't start him, and they wait to put him in there when Lo Duca is the catcher. Since they're actually trying to win this game, the best way to do that is to have a guy who knows Dontrelle behind the plate when he's throwing.

schilling isnt in the nl and he still in the minors. it is carprnter because he is la russas guy and trelle messed it up his chances with his last start

Toss up between Train, Rocket and Carpenter.

 

Train had the super start but did get rocked in last start.

 

One thinks that Rocket already had his "farewell start" last year in Houston, but that could change again.

 

Carpenter has his own manager as his advantage.

 

That being said, I think LaRussa does the right thing and starts the D-Train.

I just saw on ESPNEWS in the bottem corner that there will be a ASG manager press conference at 11:45, so im guessing that it is that time of year again.

 

Who will it be!? 2003 ROTY Dontrelle Willis, 7 TIME Cy Young Curt Schilling, Cardinal Ace Chris Carpenter!?

850631[/snapback]

Schilling??? The hell?

I really hope it's not Clemens...how many farewells is this guy going to have? And after his last performance starting in the All-Star game I would prefer Willis or Carpenter.

 

We don't need Clemens blowing our homefield advantage in the WS!

 

:whistle

I think the train has a good shot at

 

 

im not convinced with Carpenter although he is Tony?s boy ... and the Rocket is another one with a good shot but hotdamn, how many shots does this guy get. I think ive had enough

Carpenter pretty much has Dontrelle matched stat by stat

 

Carpenter is not a bad call at all.

 

Stop being a homer

Well, congrats to Chris; he's a damn good pitcher and I wish him luck.

 

Still, I think Willis deserved it more.

I really hope it's not Clemens...how many farewells is this guy going to have? And after his last performance starting in the All-Star game I would prefer Willis or Carpenter.

 

We don't need Clemens blowing our homefield advantage in the WS!

 

:whistle

850651[/snapback]

 

 

i think the south florida fans already gave him the best fairwell in 2003.

 

f***ing bastard.

While Carpenter and Buehrle represent the best team in each respective league, they most definately wouldn't have been the players that the fans wanted to see start.

It's not like Willis is about to drop off the face of the planet after this year. He'll get to it eventually. If Jack was the manager he would have done the same thing Tony did, so stop ripping him for going with his ace who is just as good as the other two canidates.

If Jack was the manager he would have done the same thing Tony did, so stop ripping him for going with his ace who is just as good as the other two canidates.

851018[/snapback]

 

He didn't start Pavano over Clemens last year.

Tony is a f***ing douche bag!

lol! Stop being homers

 

Chris Carp stats are pretty even with Dontrelle.

 

Now, take a depth breath and look at the AL starting line-up.

 

Right handed heavy and devastating. Not the best match against Dontrelle

You can bet D-Train will pitch this year.

 

Has there been any word what the projected rotation will be?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.