Can we all Agree?

I think he's gone. The genius of Beinfest is he can put AJ out there and teams come flocking with packages that are just plain unheard of! Think about it: He got the Dodgers to give up Paul Lo Duca and Guillermo Mota!

If he can get a package that is just as unbelievable, helps the team short and long-term, then yeah, it's worth sacrificing having AJ for another two months. We aren't winning many games with him anyway.

Boog puts it this way: Do it only if the team after the trade, without AJ, is better than the team before the trade, with AJ.

Boog puts it this way: Do it only if the team after the trade, without AJ, is better than the team before the trade, with AJ.

854053[/snapback]

I agree with Boog too, but the problem as he himself indicates... is that you've got to get an awfully good package back if you're trying to make your team BETTER than it is with Burnett.

Meanwhile, Penny is 5-5 with a 3.43 ERA, and is a Big Mac away from serious arm trouble. We literally stole Mota & Duca for him. Highway robbery.

Same will happen with AJ. He is bull-headed and does-it-his-way.

Learn a lesson from the Bryan Harvey mistake - sell high b4 he blows himself out.

I think AJ is a goner, but personally I am looking forward to see the group of players we will get back for him. Beinfest is a smart man, he knows what he wants and and how to make this team competitive now and in the years ahead.

854070[/snapback]

very smart man and im very confident he isnt ready to throw the towel in. thats why this trade will be a blockbuster IMHO :thumbup

Meanwhile, Penny is 5-5 with a 3.43 ERA, and is a Big Mac away from serious arm trouble. We literally stole Mota & Duca for him. Highway robbery.

Learn a lesson from the Bryan Harvey mistake - sell high b4 he blows himself out.

854068[/snapback]

Thats such a dick thing to say. Penny was a class act here. No need to say some bs about a big mac away from blowing his arm.

854053[/snapback]

I agree with Boog too, but the problem as he himself indicates... is that you've got to get an awfully good package back if you're trying to make your team BETTER than it is with Burnett.

854065[/snapback]

Absolutely. We lose AJ and we lose a big part of this rotation, but if we can get something major back for him in return and it improve this team then that is the only way you make a trade like this.

In Beinfest I trust. :shifty

854068[/snapback]

Can somebody please explain to me how "5-5 with a 3.43 ERA" is a negative?

:bangdesk

854068[/snapback]

854229[/snapback]

I highlighted the part that makes it negative.

854068[/snapback]

They actually really like Brad Penny out there in LA. I was listening to dodgers radio there and they blame the team for not giving him run support. Anyway, watching sportscenter at the moment and they have Buster Olney and Kent Rosenthal mentioned AJ about 6 times while going through each league. They said he's a perfect fit for the O's but they are not willing to give up what he is worth; then said that the Yanks, White Sox, and 2 other teams who are interested. Anyway they both also said that the Marlins are CONTENDERS and that we will make a strong push for the Wild Card because apparently the Braves took the division already and the Nats don't exist. Buster said our FO is one of the most agressives and they will make a deal and "shake up" the team. Pleasing to hear really.

854068[/snapback]

854229[/snapback]

I highlighted the part that makes it negative.

854233[/snapback]

I dont get it

854053[/snapback]

854065[/snapback]

Define better. This year, next year, both? We're pretty far back in the race, I might just take the chance if it's a solid package and doesn't look too much like we're giving up the season. There's still hope, but not with the current 25 and Burnett represents our better tradable prospects.

854053[/snapback]

854065[/snapback]

Define better. This year, next year, both? We're pretty far back in the race, I might just take the chance if it's a solid package and doesn't look too much like we're giving up the season. There's still hope, but not with the current 25 and Burnett represents our better tradable prospects.

854478[/snapback]

4.5 games isnt too far back