What I see happening....

Teal Shadow

the Marlins put Jason Vargas into the rotation, which appears to have taken place. They let the kid pitch till the end of the month, if the kid goes 2-1 or even 1-2 with an under 4.00 ERA He stays in the rotation and changes the direction the Marlins go into the deadline as far as what players they want in return

How's this...the Marlins go to Toronto and say we want Veron Wells/Miguel Batista for AJ/JuanE./Lowell/a prospect

it would move Miggy to 3B, bring up Hermida or just going with Niner, your rotation is set as while as the back in the of the bullpen...just a thought :thumbup

interesting. But you would be trusting the wild card run to a bunch of rookies in the rotation. Olsen and Vargas. If that happend I think they would make a trade for redman too.

I dont wanna trade lowell I think he is gonna have a good second half still but ohwells.

Wells, Chacin, Bautista for AJ, Lowell & Pierre???

2B - Castillo

C - LoDuca

3B - Cabs

1B - Delgado

CF - Wells

RF - Enc

LF - Hermida

SS - Sea Bass

Beckett

Willis

Moehler

Chacin

Vargas/Olsen

this would give us an extremely balanced lineup and rotation.

:mischief2

Let me diverge.

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

How much has AJ's stock just gone up in NYC?

Wooooooo baby !!!? (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

855137[/snapback]

Cashman might be willing to trade the whole farm system now. :whistle

And Sheffield...And for good measure ARod. :p

Let me diverge.

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

Wooooooo baby !!! (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

855137[/snapback]

More likely they'll take Al for a start or two.

Let me diverge.

855137[/snapback]

I do a Sheff deal, but we would need more like a Philip Hughes

Let me diverge.

855137[/snapback]

Cashman might be willing to trade the whole farm system now. :whistle

And Sheffield...And for good measure ARod. :p

855139[/snapback]

Yeah lets not go crazy :p

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I'm foaming at the mouth, just thinking about getting our hands on VWells, but I don't see it happening. I don't see any trade with AJ going through to Toronto, because it's contingent on him signing an extension. For a while now, I've gotten the impression that AJ has wanted the prime free agent treatment. He wants to be wined and dined, and he wants teams to have an open bidding war to secure his services. When you factor in that the Jays have to deal with the AL east high rollers, and that AJ won't be assured that he'll get more from a renegotation with Toronto than from testing the FA waters, it seems unlikely. I don't think the attraction of having Arnsberg there outweighs the reasons for him to wait for free agency, where he can choose a team with a better chance to succeed and get paid more money. Toronto doesn't seem the best choice to satisfy AJ's two top desires: 1) $$$ 2) WS.

Guest Juanky

Wells and Batista would be sweet!

Beckett, Willis, Olsen, Vargas, Valdez/Moehler

Pierre CF

Castillo 2B

Delgado 1B

Cabrera 3B

Wells RF

LoDuca C

Hermida RF/ Conine/ Aguila

Gonzalez SS

MAN THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

I hope Vargas and Olsen tear it up.

Two RFers are better than one!

I don't see Toronto trading Wells, but you never know. I think AJ agreeing to an extension is a bigger issue. But, since we're dreaming...

AJ/Lowell/Johnson for Wells

Enc/Leiter for Tom Gordon

1. Pierre (CF)

2. Castillo

3. Cabrera (3B)

4. Delgado

5. Wells (RF)

6. Lo Duca

7. Hermida/Conine (LF)

8. Gonzo

*faints*

I'd still rather see the Marlins find pitching. Pierre is coming out of it and overall the offense looked good tonight. The poor performances by Resop and Santos cost them.

Thankfully Leiter is gone, but who knows how Vargas will do in that role.

856321[/snapback]

I don't think its fair to pen this game on the pen's head considering AJ pitched like s***. True they gave up 7 runs, but its our bullpen. They aren't exactly lights out. AJ is supposed to go out there and give up 0-3 runs for 6 or 7 innings so our lights out guys can get in there and shut it down.

Let me diverge.

855137[/snapback]

I'd say we try and get Sheff. Not really for any baseball reason (though there are plenty of those), more of a marketing reason. Casual fans know who Sheffield is, add the history and you have a recipe for some increased fan support, and that could subsuquently get the team motivated. Hope that makes sense. :p