Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What I see happening....

Featured Replies

the Marlins put Jason Vargas into the rotation, which appears to have taken place. They let the kid pitch till the end of the month, if the kid goes 2-1 or even 1-2 with an under 4.00 ERA He stays in the rotation and changes the direction the Marlins go into the deadline as far as what players they want in return

 

How's this...the Marlins go to Toronto and say we want Veron Wells/Miguel Batista for AJ/JuanE./Lowell/a prospect

 

it would move Miggy to 3B, bring up Hermida or just going with Niner, your rotation is set as while as the back in the of the bullpen...just a thought :thumbup

An OF of Wells in Left, Pierre in Center, Hermida in right has the potential to be killer.

interesting. But you would be trusting the wild card run to a bunch of rookies in the rotation. Olsen and Vargas. If that happend I think they would make a trade for redman too.

 

I dont wanna trade lowell I think he is gonna have a good second half still but ohwells.

Wells, Chacin, Bautista for AJ, Lowell & Pierre???

 

2B - Castillo

C - LoDuca

3B - Cabs

1B - Delgado

CF - Wells

RF - Enc

LF - Hermida

SS - Sea Bass

 

Beckett

Willis

Moehler

Chacin

Vargas/Olsen

 

this would give us an extremely balanced lineup and rotation.

 

:mischief2

  • Author

look I'm just posting a scenario, but bottomline is the Marlins would try and get a young hitter instead of a starter

Wouldn't Dunn be more of a realistic target considering he really wants out?

 

Wells-Pierre-Hermida is scary good, but it's too good to be true...

Let me diverge.

 

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

 

How much has AJ's stock just gone up in NYC?

 

Wooooooo baby !!! (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

Let me diverge.

 

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

 

How much has AJ's stock just gone up in NYC?

 

Wooooooo baby !!!? (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

855137[/snapback]

Cashman might be willing to trade the whole farm system now. :whistle

 

 

And Sheffield...And for good measure ARod. :p

Let me diverge.

 

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

 

How much has AJ's stock just gone up in NYC?

 

Wooooooo baby !!! (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

855137[/snapback]

 

More likely they'll take Al for a start or two.

  • Author

Let me diverge.

 

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

 

How much has AJ's stock just gone up in NYC?

 

Wooooooo baby !!! (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

855137[/snapback]

 

 

I do a Sheff deal, but we would need more like a Philip Hughes

Wells and Batista would be sweet!

 

Beckett, Willis, Olsen, Vargas, Valdez/Moehler

 

Pierre CF

Castillo 2B

Delgado 1B

Cabrera 3B

Wells RF

LoDuca C

Hermida RF/ Conine/ Aguila

Gonzalez SS

 

MAN THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

 

I hope Vargas and Olsen tear it up.

Let me diverge.

 

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

 

How much has AJ's stock just gone up in NYC?

 

Wooooooo baby !!! (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

855137[/snapback]

Cashman might be willing to trade the whole farm system now. :whistle

 

 

And Sheffield...And for good measure ARod. :p

855139[/snapback]

 

 

Yeah lets not go crazy :p

I dont think Wells would want to play rf i mean this guy won a gold glove in cf last year

I'm foaming at the mouth, just thinking about getting our hands on VWells, but I don't see it happening. I don't see any trade with AJ going through to Toronto, because it's contingent on him signing an extension. For a while now, I've gotten the impression that AJ has wanted the prime free agent treatment. He wants to be wined and dined, and he wants teams to have an open bidding war to secure his services. When you factor in that the Jays have to deal with the AL east high rollers, and that AJ won't be assured that he'll get more from a renegotation with Toronto than from testing the FA waters, it seems unlikely. I don't think the attraction of having Arnsberg there outweighs the reasons for him to wait for free agency, where he can choose a team with a better chance to succeed and get paid more money. Toronto doesn't seem the best choice to satisfy AJ's two top desires: 1) $$$ 2) WS.

Wells and Batista would be sweet!

 

Beckett, Willis, Olsen, Vargas, Valdez/Moehler

 

Pierre CF

Castillo 2B

Delgado 1B

Cabrera 3B

Wells RF

LoDuca C

Hermida RF/ Conine/ Aguila

Gonzalez SS

 

MAN THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

 

I hope Vargas and Olsen tear it up.

Two RFers are better than one!

I don't see Toronto trading Wells, but you never know. I think AJ agreeing to an extension is a bigger issue. But, since we're dreaming...

 

AJ/Lowell/Johnson for Wells

 

Enc/Leiter for Tom Gordon

 

1. Pierre (CF)

2. Castillo

3. Cabrera (3B)

4. Delgado

5. Wells (RF)

6. Lo Duca

7. Hermida/Conine (LF)

8. Gonzo

 

*faints*

I'd still rather see the Marlins find pitching. Pierre is coming out of it and overall the offense looked good tonight. The poor performances by Resop and Santos cost them.

 

Thankfully Leiter is gone, but who knows how Vargas will do in that role.

856321[/snapback]

I don't think its fair to pen this game on the pen's head considering AJ pitched like s***. True they gave up 7 runs, but its our bullpen. They aren't exactly lights out. AJ is supposed to go out there and give up 0-3 runs for 6 or 7 innings so our lights out guys can get in there and shut it down.

And the amazing thing is some team is going to give AJ big $$$ to do exactly that for them. :plain I guess thats another topic for another time though...

Let me diverge.

 

The Yankees young phenom Chien-Ming Wang has been placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

 

How much has AJ's stock just gone up in NYC?

 

Wooooooo baby !!! (not that I wish Wang ill, but bring me Sheffield !)

855137[/snapback]

 

I'd say we try and get Sheff. Not really for any baseball reason (though there are plenty of those), more of a marketing reason. Casual fans know who Sheffield is, add the history and you have a recipe for some increased fan support, and that could subsuquently get the team motivated. Hope that makes sense. :p

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.