Bill Robinson

RockyMountainMarlin

Guest CrimsonCane

I still have a difficult time seeing where he has helped Mikey or Pierre this year. 897075[/snapback]

but at the same time, does he get any credit for Encarnacion and Alex?

897429[/snapback]

Quite the double standard. If the player is not performing, it's the coaches fault. If the player is doing well, it's the player who gets all the credit. I suspect it just comes with the territory of being a coach, but the guy has to get a break once in a while. There's only so much a hitting coach can do.

I remember McKeon stating in an interview on 790 one time that alot of times the big problem with hitters is that when their swing gets tweaked by the hitting coach and they don't see immediate success with the new approach they get frustrated and go back to their old style when they go up to the plate. (That's a nice way for Jack to imply that some of the Marlins players are stubborn as hell) I mean it's only natural for a manager to say things that back up a fellow coach, but I still thought it might be of importance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.