Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Good job Big Boy

Featured Replies

CG, 7 Ks

 

Excellent.

 

:wub

The Crow rocks!

 

This kid is gonna be something special

 

Next year for Starting Rotation

 

D-train

Beckett

Crow

(hopefully burnett or kip wells)

Olsen

 

I like it. This kid has spirit and can battle for it.

 

Btw play of the game was that catch by LoDuca!

Great game from Vargas to give us a shot at the series win.

 

One minor quibble:

 

117 pitches is okay once in a while. I hope it doesn't occur regularly, though. He can't be used to that.

 

On the plus side, I just noticed that Vargas and I share the same birthday, which automatically makes him one of my favorite Marlins EVER.

 

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! VARGAS!!!!!!!!

Big Boy??

 

 

man what a game, he was really in control out there.

 

and good contributions from all over the batting order!

910353[/snapback]

 

Vargas knows what it means. :mischief

One minor quibble:

 

117 pitches is okay once in a while. I hope it doesn't occur regularly, though. He can't be used to that.

910356[/snapback]

Yeah, especially considering today's heat.

 

He didn't even have the energy to respond to that pie in his face.

Great game from Vargas to give us a shot at the series win.

 

One minor quibble:

 

117 pitches is okay once in a while. I hope it doesn't occur regularly, though. He can't be used to that.

 

On the plus side, I just noticed that Vargas and I share the same birthday, which automatically makes him one of my favorite Marlins EVER.

 

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! VARGAS!!!!!!!!

910356[/snapback]

 

 

pitch counts are overrated.

 

 

condition your arm and your mindset to give you 120 each start and you are fine.

In a world without bullpens, one man was chosen to protect the innocent

this summer Jason Vargas is The Crow

pitch counts are overrated.

 

 

condition your arm and your mindset to give you 120 each start and you are fine.

910385[/snapback]

 

I agree with you on all counts. But his arm is not conditioned to throwing that many pitches. He said during his postgame interview that his last CG was probably in high school. His mindset appears to already be where it needs to be.

 

I'm okay with it every once in a while. If he throws over 110 pitches for most of his starts, he arm will grow tired before long. And I present Dontrelle's first two seasons as Exhibit A.

In a world without bullpens, one man was chosen to protect the innocent

this summer Jason Vargas is The Crow

910411[/snapback]

 

:lol :thumbup

For everyone's chronic complaining about how Jack handles rookies, I don't think Vargas could have been handled better.

 

Starting off with a one inning stint to get him into the bigs, building on that, then a short start, building towards today when he became a bonafide major league starter.

 

Hopefully Hermida will be here in the next week and if he is my guess is Jack will start playing him everyday.

pitch counts are overrated.

 

 

condition your arm and your mindset to give you 120 each start and you are fine.

910385[/snapback]

 

I agree with you on all counts. But his arm is not conditioned to throwing that many pitches. He said during his postgame interview that his last CG was probably in high school. His mindset appears to already be where it needs to be.

 

I'm okay with it every once in a while. If he throws over 110 pitches for most of his starts, he arm will grow tired before long. And I present Dontrelle's first two seasons as Exhibit A.

910428[/snapback]

 

 

Well his arm is not conditioned to go with the big pitch counts yet.

 

with proper conditioning it wont be a problem.

Hopefully Hermida will be here in the next week and if he is my guess is Jack will start playing him everyday.

910466[/snapback]

 

From your mouth to the baseball Gods' ears.

pitch counts are overrated.

 

 

condition your arm and your mindset to give you 120 each start and you are fine.

910385[/snapback]

 

I agree with you on all counts. But his arm is not conditioned to throwing that many pitches. He said during his postgame interview that his last CG was probably in high school. His mindset appears to already be where it needs to be.

 

I'm okay with it every once in a while. If he throws over 110 pitches for most of his starts, he arm will grow tired before long. And I present Dontrelle's first two seasons as Exhibit A.

910428[/snapback]

 

 

Well his arm is not conditioned to go with the big pitch counts yet.

 

with proper conditioning it wont be a problem.

910467[/snapback]

Especially considering they are young and in good physical shape. It's not David Wells out there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.