Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SO LONG JACK McKeon

Featured Replies

How can you guys blame Moehler or Jack? Some of you guys are just plain retarded!

Moehler was one out away from finishing off the inning. Jack did all he could to keep us in it. Jack can't control the way our offense performs. Some of you guys seem to think that managers have supernatural powers.

956655[/snapback]

 

 

Not Moehler's fault. But Jack made some fundamental mistakes tonight.

 

1) You walk a righty to have your right handed pitcher pitch to a lefty? Sure, it's Mike Piazza, but why not bring in Villone for that one out? Then bring in Mota the next inning. He didn't even have Mota warming up. This makes no sense. I know he has "gut instincts," but come on.

 

2) How in the world do you not have Carlos protecting the line in that situation? A basehit may score a run... Ency's got a cannon, so I would rather take my chances with that. A double definitely scores a run. This is a fundamental mistake. You protect the line.

You're right about Delgado. I don't know what the hell he was doing playing that far out.

But Villone? Come on now...

 

Delgado playing closer to the line could have been all the difference.

 

But could have, would have, should have. It really doesn't matter.

You're right about Delgado. I don't know what the hell he was doing playing that far out.

But Villone? Come on now...

 

Delgado playing closer to the line could have been all the difference.

 

But could have, would have, should have. It really doesn't matter.

956690[/snapback]

How about, the offense putting up some runs???

Would've made more of a difference...dont ya think?

You're right about Delgado. I don't know what the hell he was doing playing that far out.

But Villone? Come on now...

 

Delgado playing closer to the line could have been all the difference.

 

But could have, would have, should have. It really doesn't matter.

956690[/snapback]

How about, the offense putting up some runs???

Would've made more of a difference...dont ya think?

956708[/snapback]

Obviously

We all just KNOW if we win tomorrow, you're gonna say "Keep Jack! Great move by bringing in ! Greatest manager ever!"

Get off these boards, flip-flopper! We don't need you!

956491[/snapback]

haha open your eyes....its over man. :plain. Its been over since the 2nd Philly game.

Mets had 4 hits in 12 innings and Marlins still lost. PATHETIC

956509[/snapback]

You're talking about PATHETIC? And you call yourself a Marlins fan.

 

People have thrown No-hitters and lost, now THATS pathetic.

Marlins just didn't have it tonight.

956524[/snapback]

 

Hate to say it... marlins just don't have it this season... There was so much potential this year and it's been wasted time and time again

Not Moehler's fault. But Jack made some fundamental mistakes tonight.

 

1) You walk a righty to have your right handed pitcher pitch to a lefty? Sure, it's Mike Piazza, but why not bring in Villone for that one out? Then bring in Mota the next inning. He didn't even have Mota warming up. This makes no sense. I know he has "gut instincts," but come on.

 

2) How in the world do you not have Carlos protecting the line in that situation? A basehit may score a run... Ency's got a cannon, so I would rather take my chances with that. A double definitely scores a run. This is a fundamental mistake. You protect the line.

956680[/snapback]

 

Or what about Mecir? Were Villone and Messenger really the next best options in the bullpen?

Or what about Mecir? Were Villone and Messenger really the next best options in the bullpen?

956748[/snapback]

I'd have been fine just pitching to Piazza actually. Or Mecir vs the rookie. Either way gotta score more than 2 runs.

Id say hop on the Red Sox bandwagon, but its full....

 

:plain

956749[/snapback]

No thanks. American League baseball is garbage...

Or what about Mecir? Were Villone and Messenger really the next best options in the bullpen?

956748[/snapback]

I'd have been fine just pitching to Piazza actually. Or Mecir vs the rookie. Either way gotta score more than 2 runs.

956753[/snapback]

 

 

one would guess that something is not right with Mecir, perhaps even Mota. You always pitch to a rookie vs Piazza.

Or what about Mecir? Were Villone and Messenger really the next best options in the bullpen?

956748[/snapback]

I'd have been fine just pitching to Piazza actually. Or Mecir vs the rookie. Either way gotta score more than 2 runs.

956753[/snapback]

 

Agreed. Burnett pitched well enough to get the W tonight. The offense really let him down.

Or what about Mecir? Were Villone and Messenger really the next best options in the bullpen?

956748[/snapback]

I'd have been fine just pitching to Piazza actually. Or Mecir vs the rookie. Either way gotta score more than 2 runs.

956753[/snapback]

 

Agreed. Burnett pitched well enough to get the W tonight. The offense really let him down.

956771[/snapback]

that sums up the Marlins season

 

"him" being any Marlins pitcher

Wiley and McKeon are cronies...is axing McKeon worth letting Wiley go too? I mean, he has gotten the best season out of a Marlins starting staff, arguably in our team's history. Willis and Beckett are the most prolific top 2 starters, ever (even better than Leiter and Brown in '96).

 

Just throwing that out there.

Or what about Mecir? Were Villone and Messenger really the next best options in the bullpen?

956748[/snapback]

I'd have been fine just pitching to Piazza actually. Or Mecir vs the rookie. Either way gotta score more than 2 runs.

956753[/snapback]

 

Agreed. Burnett pitched well enough to get the W tonight. The offense really let him down.

956771[/snapback]

that sums up the Marlins season

 

"him" being any Marlins pitcher

956774[/snapback]

yaeh, Moehler knows a bit about that :mischief2

Wiley and McKeon are cronies...is axing McKeon worth letting Wiley go too? I mean, he has gotten the best season out of a Marlins starting staff, arguably in our team's history. Willis and Beckett are the most prolific top 2 starters, ever (even better than Leiter and Brown in '96).

 

Just throwing that out there.

956781[/snapback]

 

I don't see where Wiley did such a stellar job. This starting staff is arguably the most talented the Marlins ever had. He seemed to really help Willis with a few early adjustments. Beckett is having a year a bit below expectations. AJ is way off. The bullpen was a huge disappointment as was bullpen management. Wiley was next to McKeon each night discussing bullpen strategy, so he certainly isn't off the hook for many of the questionable decisions. Personally I think Rosenthal did a better job. So to sum it up I won't be terribly disappointed if Wiley is gone as well.

Wow, I notice that the Cult of Jack Supporters are in full power. What's funny is that there is an admitted 14 year old saying what all of you Jack supporters say. I have ballplayers older than him and probably alot of you and I'll say this, in my years of coaching, I have rarely seen a high schooler truly know the game. Yes, they can play and know what they are instructed to do, but they don't have that seasoned knowledge. Now I understand alot of you. I still don't understand the MVP Baseball playing or fantasy league "geniuses" yet.

 

As for my piece; it is absurd for anyone to criticize any pitching move from last night's game. The hitting lost this like it has throughout the entire season. What number game is this in which the Marlins scored less than 3 runs. I remember they were around a 35% of their games clip, which is a joke. I can't this one on coaching too much because their weren't enough players on base to criticize lack of aggression or lack of "small ball" or anything. Although we did get a man thrown out at home if you want to jump on that. If this had been the usual Marlins score 2 runs on 10 hits with an additional 4 walks and loaded the bases twice, I'd have plenty to say, but can't for this game.

 

Overall, I give Jack the pass on last night's game. However, does it make a difference, we know that he and many others will be gone next year.

 

As far as hope, let's hope that the Marlins can win at least 8 of the remaining games because if the Astros go 5 and 6 and the Phillies go 6 and 5, that's what it will take to force a tie.

Id say hop on the Red Sox bandwagon, but its full....

 

:plain

956749[/snapback]

 

 

No thanks dude, you are kewl but most of red sox nation and the management makes me rather go to a drunk dentest for a root canal for 6 months of the year then watch Red sox or yankee's baseball :blink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.