September 21, 200521 yr you know its often difficult to win with basically 3 of your everyday players hurt. but its all jack's fault. who else do you bring in at that point?
September 21, 200521 yr We all just KNOW if we win tomorrow, you're gonna say "Keep Jack! Great move by bringing in ! Greatest manager ever!" Get off these boards, flip-flopper! We don't need you! 956491[/snapback] I dare you to find a post where I've backed McKeon and I'll say it again... see ya, Jack. I'm a stats guy. I've read Moneyball three times. I read Baseball Prospectus every chance I get. I didn't really like Jack as a manager. His style and his refusal to play the younger guys (and Dillon) made me wish he didn't come back to start this year. We need someone younger, and I can only hope Joe Girardi takes the job.
September 21, 200521 yr Its just the whole team guys. Top to bottom. We just dont mesh together. Teams that mesh go on streaks. We cant even get a 4 game streak going.
September 21, 200521 yr Well, I don't think THIS game was Jack Mckeon's fault. But he has made plenty of highly questionable moves this year that show he is not fully attentive all the time. And I'm going to quote someone from another Marlins website... "McKeon is definitely not a bad manager and he has a knack for turning around a team but his act wears thin very quickly. There is no way a team with this much talent should be only 10 games over .500. Beinfest did a great job and McKeon is wasting it. "
September 21, 200521 yr JACK SHOULDA BEEN GONE A WHILE AGO... 956520[/snapback] FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES FELO IS SOMEONE THAT REALLY KNOWS ABOUT BASEBALL. 956531[/snapback] Bandwagoners.. Just because someone wanted someone fired months ago DOES NOT MAKE THEM THE SMARTEST PERSON IN BASEBALL. You are f***ing idiots. 956549[/snapback] little kid isnt it past your bedtime tell me who lost the first game against philly this past weekend? IT WAS MCKEON YOU GOOFBALL instead of bringing in a lefty to pitch to abreu,burrel and howard which howard cant hit lefties for s***!!! so dont talk about us being bandwagonders go root for your damn red soxs and go to bed kid school reopens tommorow! 956580[/snapback] Goofball? Thats the best you can come up with? And also - Your second sentence proves nothing. Abreu can hit lefties, Burrell can hit lefties. Why not bring in a righty at the time? Then if they go down you bring in the lefty to face Howard. Now - go think of some insults while you're at it.
September 21, 200521 yr We all just KNOW if we win tomorrow, you're gonna say "Keep Jack! Great move by bringing in ! Greatest manager ever!" Get off these boards, flip-flopper! We don't need you! 956491[/snapback] I dare you to find a post where I've backed McKeon and I'll say it again... see ya, Jack. I'm a stats guy. I've read Moneyball three times. I read Baseball Prospectus every chance I get. I didn't really like Jack as a manager. His style and his refusal to play the younger guys (and Dillon) made me wish he didn't come back to start this year. We need someone younger, and I can only hope Joe Girardi takes the job. 956587[/snapback] Are YOU WildMarlinMan2003? I dont THINK so.
September 21, 200521 yr jack did fine though i must admit working us down to joe dillon at 2b wasn't the smartest move, mckeon certainly didn't cost us the game the offense just was not there. at all. THAT cost us the game. This hole might be too big to climb out of. I do know we gotta win the next 2 and astros gotta lose at least one if we want ANY chance. we have to gain ground before this series is out or else, frankly, the marlins are done
September 21, 200521 yr We all just KNOW if we win tomorrow, you're gonna say "Keep Jack! Great move by bringing in ! Greatest manager ever!" Get off these boards, flip-flopper! We don't need you! 956491[/snapback] I dare you to find a post where I've backed McKeon and I'll say it again... see ya, Jack. I'm a stats guy. I've read Moneyball three times. I read Baseball Prospectus every chance I get. I didn't really like Jack as a manager. His style and his refusal to play the younger guys (and Dillon) made me wish he didn't come back to start this year. We need someone younger, and I can only hope Joe Girardi takes the job. 956587[/snapback] Are YOU WildMarlinMan2003? I dont THINK so. 956602[/snapback] Eaaaasssy, tiger. I didn't realize you guys had something against WildMarlinMan and thought that was a general bash on those who disliked Jack. I was just backing up my viewpoint. Sorry to get in the middle of a war.
September 21, 200521 yr It's all scientific...chemistry It is missing...Lowell is grumpy, they aren't having fun....If D-Train wasn't there, this season would really be worse (take away his 21 wins, would anyone else have matched him?) I think there will be some changes next year from the skipper to the mop-up reliever....Cleanse some of the blood that doesn't gel and put in some fresh players
September 21, 200521 yr look most of the team hurt and he walked a HoF to face a rookie. I would of done it too. SH$T happens. sometimes it just isnt the year. Things happen to teams and good teams get past them like atlanta. There comes a point when an underachieving team isnt underachieving. They are that type of team. Now I am off to bed now that I am throughly trashed. It was still a hell of a game to watch even if we did lose.
September 21, 200521 yr Author We all just KNOW if we win tomorrow, you're gonna say "Keep Jack! Great move by bringing in ! Greatest manager ever!" Get off these boards, flip-flopper! We don't need you! 956491[/snapback] I dare you to find a post where I've backed McKeon and I'll say it again... see ya, Jack. I'm a stats guy. I've read Moneyball three times. I read Baseball Prospectus every chance I get. I didn't really like Jack as a manager. His style and his refusal to play the younger guys (and Dillon) made me wish he didn't come back to start this year. We need someone younger, and I can only hope Joe Girardi takes the job. 956587[/snapback] Are YOU WildMarlinMan2003? I dont THINK so. 956602[/snapback] haha you are in the minority kid. McKeon's act has worn thin...from the fans to the clubhouse...to the management. He has made bad moves all year and the "cute" act is gone. This is a freakin manager who cant even remember his players names. See ya! Thanks for 2003 but we still want to win with all this wasted talent!
September 21, 200521 yr Well, I don't think THIS game was Jack Mckeon's fault. But he has made plenty of highly questionable moves this year that show he is not fully attentive all the time. And I'm going to quote someone from another Marlins website... "McKeon is definitely not a bad manager and he has a knack for turning around a team but his act wears thin very quickly. There is no way a team with this much talent should be only 10 games over .500. Beinfest did a great job and McKeon is wasting it. " 956594[/snapback] Also, it's not too great when in midseason, half of the clubhouse supports you and the other half does not. I just think we need some fresh blood as manager.
September 21, 200521 yr haha you are in the minority kid. McKeon's act has worn thin...from the fans to the clubhouse...to the management. He has made bad moves all year and the "cute" act is gone. This is a freakin manager who cant even remember his players names. See ya! Thanks for 2003 but we still want to win with all this wasted talent! 956616[/snapback] Dude, you're not proving anything.
September 21, 200521 yr It's a shame to see underachieving with a 21 game winner and 2 sluggers with 30/100 seasons... This is the kinda stuff you build around...They do need a legitimate power threat in the 5 spot behind Cabs and Carlos
September 21, 200521 yr Author haha you are in the minority kid. McKeon's act has worn thin...from the fans to the clubhouse...to the management. He has made bad moves all year and the "cute" act is gone. This is a freakin manager who cant even remember his players names. See ya! Thanks for 2003 but we still want to win with all this wasted talent! 956616[/snapback] Dude, you're not proving anything. 956622[/snapback] you arent! no one agrees with you!
September 21, 200521 yr Jack has mismanaged this team, both in the clubhouse and on the field. Tonight was not his fault... the team is full of injured players. But, let's be real here. He has managed a team that has underachieved. Someone has to take the blame. It's certainly not Beinfest or the FO. The players themselves haven't played well, but there are so many telling stats - highest batting average, hit well with RISP, but we suck in close and late situations. Why? Does the talent level of the players all of a sudden drop? There must be something wrong. And I think Jack is part of the problem.
September 21, 200521 yr haha you are in the minority kid. McKeon's act has worn thin...from the fans to the clubhouse...to the management. He has made bad moves all year and the "cute" act is gone. This is a freakin manager who cant even remember his players names. See ya! Thanks for 2003 but we still want to win with all this wasted talent! 956616[/snapback] Dude, you're not proving anything. 956622[/snapback] you arent! no one agrees with you! 956630[/snapback] Because I don't have to. I'm not the one who goes one day and says "OMG WE SUCK! BECKETT SUCKS! HE SHOULD BE TRADED" etc and then his next start "BECKETT FOR CY YOUNG! OMG!". Like I said, get off these boards, no one cares about you.
September 21, 200521 yr Yeah, it's time for a change. We need some younger blood. And some players who can stop whining and have fun playing together.
September 21, 200521 yr Jack has mismanaged this team, both in the clubhouse and on the field. Tonight was not his fault... the team is full of injured players. But, let's be real here. He has managed a team that has underachieved. Someone has to take the blame. It's certainly not Beinfest or the FO. The players themselves haven't played well, but there are so many telling stats - highest batting average, hit well with RISP, but we suck in close and late situations. Why? Does the talent level of the players all of a sudden drop? There must be something wrong. And I think Jack is part of the problem. 956634[/snapback] Manager always pays
September 21, 200521 yr I'm gonna stay off for the night. If I don't, I'll probably kill WildMarlinMan eventually....
September 21, 200521 yr Can some of you losers wait till we are 5 games out before you start rubbing your crotch and moaning in victory? We understand your arguments very clearly as you say "FIRE JACK/TEAM CHEMISTRY IS RUINED/MOEHLER FOR PUJOLS IS A GOOD TRADE" after every Marlin out/run allowed/error, so just wait till we out of it for sure to start your celebration of the Marlin's failure to get to October.
September 21, 200521 yr I do agree about bringing in some youth... I hate to admit it but I like what the Phillies have done... Utley and Howard complementing players like Rollins and Burrell who are heading into peak years as hitters...If the Phillies have a good young 3Bman coming, they will have a solid young nucleus of a team for years even if Abreu is getting older (but can still hit)
September 21, 200521 yr How can you guys blame Moehler or Jack? Some of you guys are just plain retarded! Moehler was one out away from finishing off the inning. Jack did all he could to keep us in it. Jack can't control the way our offense performs. Some of you guys seem to think that managers have supernatural powers.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.