ESPN1000 says Cubs close to getting Pierre

Iowa

Hendry has said multiple times that Pie, Murton and Hill are untouchable. Take that fwiw, which might not be much. He also said Sosa was never going anywhere.

They have a lot of guys in their organization I like... If they sign Furcal as well, than maybe the Cedeno kid at SS is expendable. He's a good ballplayer and could be our starting SS.

Also, Angel Guzman, while injury prone, is quite a talent..We saw Mitre last year.. He could be a pretty solid pitcher. Renyel Pinto might be a guy we get. He is a stud pitcher as well from all accounts that I've heard

Brian Dopirak's stock fell this year but is a power hitting stud at 1B.

Also remember Adam Greenburg, who got chucked in the head by VDLS is a pretty good player as well.

Also some bullpen arms.. Will Ohman or Michael Wurtz would definitely be welcome.. also a guy like Roberto Novoa would be nice.

I also wouldn't count out Jerome Williams.

Perhaps he said those guys are untouchable, but the Cubs really need a leadoff hitter. Maybe they're willing to give up Murton or Pie and then a mid level prospect for Pierre. Pierre is highly respected... the Marlins should be able to get two top prospects for him.

On a different note, why do the Marlins and Cubs make so many big deals? Do the front-offices know each other well?

I could see them trading Pie.. but I don't think they would trade Murton. They have enough OF issues already to give up a MLB ready player like Murton. I like Murton a lot though.. I'd be very very very happy if we got just him. The thought of Murton, Cabrera and Hermida together for a long time is outstanding.

I could see them trading Pie.. but I don't think they would trade Murton. They have enough OF issues already to give up a MLB ready player like Murton. I like Murton a lot though.. I'd be very very very happy if we got just him. The thought of Murton, Cabrera and Hermida together for a long time is outstanding.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I would be ecstatic.

Customize More Player News AL NL

Juan Pierre - OF - Marlins

ESPN Radio 1000 is reporting that the Cubs are close to acquiring Juan Pierre from the Marlins for a pair of minor leaguers.

No Corey Patterson? We hope the Cubs wouldn't give up Felix Pie for one year of Pierre. Parting with pitching prospects, say Rich Hill along with Sean Marshall or Renyel Pinto, would be preferable. Nov. 14 - 7:27 pm et

This is from rotoworld. I just hope we don't acquire Corey Patterson. Im crossing my fingers for a package of Sean Marshall, Felix Pie, Matt Murton, Rich Hill, Renyel Pinto, Angel Guzman, or even Sergio Mitre. Again I hope we don't acquire Corey Patterson if not I want Beinfest fired.

The Marlins may be willing to let Aguila play center. You never know. Also, if we were able to get Murton, we'd just put him in left field and Aguila could play center. That's not a bad outfield... Hermida, Aguila, and Murton. Our corner outfielders would certainly be very young and very talented. Puts Miggy at third base, trade Lowell for some cleats, keep Carlos, and we're all set. :thumbup

The Marlins may be willing to let Aguila play center. You never know. Also, if we were able to get Murton, we'd just put him in left field and Aguila could play center. That's not a bad outfield... Hermida, Aguila, and Murton. Our corner outfielders would certainly be very young and very talented. Puts Miggy at third base, trade Lowell for some cleats, keep Carlos, and we're all set. :thumbup

:lol sad isn't it... :confused