CIA: Castro has Parkinson's

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Newspaper: CIA Says Fidel Castro Has Parkinson's

Cuban Officials Say Castro Is In Excellent Health

POSTED: 11:40 pm EST November 15, 2005

UPDATED: 3:06 pm EST November 16, 2005

MIAMI -- According to the Miami Herald, the Central Intelligence Agency has concluded that Cuban dictator Fidel Castro suffers from Parkinson's disease.

Those same reports indicate that the CIA has warned political leaders in North America to be prepared should Castro's health deteriorate rapidly.

CIA Says Castro Has Parkinson's

The paper quotes a CIA source as saying, "About one year ago, we started seeing some pretty definitive stuff that he had Parkinson's."

An anonymous state department official said, "...he is not the same person he was five years ago."

Rumors that Castro suffers from Parkinson's have been around since the mid-1990s.

In 2001, Castro was caught on tape fainting during a speech in Havana. In August 2004, the 79-year-old tripped and fell during a public appearance.

In the Herald article, professor Frank O. Mora of the National War College, said, "For Fidel to start shaking in a real and substantial way in public sends a powerful message to people around the world."

There has been no independent confirmation of Castro's illness or any indication of how the CIA came to this conclusion. Cuban officials say Castro is in excellent health.

Miami-Dade County is already prepared should the Cuban leader take a turn for the worse. In 2001, then-Mayor Alex Penelas talked about the plans in place.

"Our crisis management plan really concentrates on two primary issues. One, celebration and demonstration. And secondly, to deal with the issue of mass migration," Penelas said.

Miami-Dade's plan covers expected festivities in over 20 pre-designated areas, potential terrorist acts, and a possible increase in migration.

Castro's brother, Raul, has already been tapped as his successor.

The CIA and the State Department have not commented on the Herald's report.

I can't wait until he dies.

Miami will be shut down for weeks. :lol This would rank among the top ten days in my life.

Guest Moneyball

Cant wait for this bastard to die. 20 planned celebrations better believe Ill be at one of them. I just hope a republican is in office when he dies because I dont think a democrat has the stones to do what needs to be done when he is gone.

3 year window.

*prays*

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this is really sick.

I'm 50% Russian, and my family wasn't doing cartwheels when Stalin kicked the bucket or when the USSR fell, and we left when the Bolsheviks came in, so no commie cracks.

What's sick? Wishing death upon a psychopathic dictator. Well like someone else mentioned on this board a while ago, not all life is sacred. I wish worth than death for that old man. I wish him a painful death one that takes days or weeks to die. Call me sick but my family was directly f*cked over cause of that thing of a person.

I'm 50% Russian, and my family wasn't doing cartwheels when Stalin kicked the bucket or when the USSR fell, and we left when the Bolsheviks came in, so no commie cracks.

What's sick? Wishing death upon a psychopathic dictator. Well like someone else mentioned on this board a while ago, not all life is sacred. I wish worth than death for that old man. I wish him a painful death one that takes days or weeks to die. Call me sick but my family was directly f*cked over cause of that thing of a person.

Its not very Christ like for all of you who claim to be Christians to be wishing death upon him.

Its not very Christ like for all of you who claim to be Christians to be wishing death upon him.

It's more complicated than that. We want him to be out of power. The only way that happens is he has to die. Subsequently, we wish death upon him.

Yeah I claim to be a Christian. :rolleyes:

Isn't it hypocritical to declare a person a sociopath while you wish death upon him? I'll retract my statements if Castro himself kicked your dog and set your house on fire, but he's no different than any dictator...I fail to see the fascination with him. He made poor policy decisions that adversely affected his country, but wishing death on someone is a bit rash.

Isn't it hypocritical to declare a person a sociopath while you wish death upon him? I'll retract my statements if Castro himself kicked your dog and set your house on fire, but he's no different than any dictator...I fail to see the fascination with him. He made poor policy decisions that adversely affected his country, but wishing death on someone is a bit rash.

Am I calling myself a saint. Have I said I am holier than thou. There are people on this Earth that dont deserve to be here. Castro is one of them.

Guest Moneyball

Yeah well he made living on that island so unbearable he's caused millions of Cubans (many our parents and grandparents) to leave, tens of thousands close to 100k to die in the Straits trying to flee, oh and there are the 15k+ that died in the months and years proceeding the Revolution. Yeah I can't see the fascination. I see no reason to wish death upon him. :rolleyes: !!!!! :thumbup

Yeah well he made living on that island so unbearable he's caused millions of Cubans (many our parents and grandparents) to leave, tens of thousands close to 100k to die in the Straits trying to flee, oh and there are the 15k+ that died in the months and years proceeding the Revolution. Yeah I can't see the fascination. I see no reason to wish death upon him. :rolleyes: !!!!! :thumbup

He didn't stick people in the "rafts" and send them out to sea, those decisions were made by the people who got in the rafts.

If making a country poor is a crime, then why is there such sympathy for the war in Iraq, Castro's a light-weight compared to Hussein.

I'm not calling Castro a nice guy, but it's hypocritical to call him a bad man because he brought death, yet at the same time, prepare celebrate his death. If death made him evil, then death is not something to be celebrating.

Guest Moneyball

He didn't stick people in the "rafts" and send them out to sea, those decisions were made by the people who got in the rafts.

If making a country poor is a crime, then why is there such sympathy for the war in Iraq, Castro's a light-weight compared to Hussein.

I'm not calling Castro a nice guy, but it's hypocritical to call him a bad man because he brought death, yet at the same time, prepare celebrate his death. If death made him evil, then death is not something to be celebrating.

So it's wrong to wish death upon Osama Bin Laden?

If you claim to be a Cristian its wrong to wish death upon anyone. With that said, I don't know what you guys claim or do not claim to be so whatever.

It's human nature to hate. People are haters...if you want the old man to croak that's your business (with or without legitimate reasons).

So, does are we calling for a US invasion of the island of Cuba now? I think our military is not required to go in and police the Cuban island. Go on and flame me for it. I think Castro is an evil man. But I don't think its logical and its definetly stupid to go invade Cuba and install a democratic government. There are worse problems in the world like should Mexico go extremely left in the next election.

Cuba will be a democratic nation in the future. But that future is up to how quickly the political activists can move in Cuba after Castro dies.

Guest marlins02

your a undergrad philosophy student arent you?

i mean this in the nicest way possible: f*** that motherf***er and i hope he dies a slow painful death that somehow involves fire.

Short answer, yes.

But that's apples to oranges. Last time I checked, Castro isn't nearly the global threat that Osama is, nor has Castro orchestrated the mass killings that Bin Laden has either.

i mean this in the nicest way possible: f*** that motherf***er and i hope he dies a slow painful death that somehow involves fire.

Nope, political science student, and a Republican. I'm just tired of hearing the constant complaining, as if Cubans were the only people to ever suffer from a dictator's regime.

Guest marlins02

Short answer, yes.

But that's apples to oranges. Last time I checked, Castro isn't nearly the global threat that Osama is, nor has Castro orchestrated the mass killings that Bin Laden has either.

no he just f***ed up an entire country and has tortured and killed i dont know how many people on that island.

Short answer, yes.

Nope, political science student, and a Republican. I'm just tired of hearing the constant complaining, as if Cubans were the only people to ever suffer from a dictator's regime.

i actually agree with you there. i never actually complain and i do get annoyed when people spend all their time talking that sh*t (like the other day i was by a pool hall at midnight and some old cuban dude was giving a sermon to some other people) because we aint the only ones. but when this sh*t is brought up, hell yeah im gonna wish death on that faggot. how the f*** cant i?

although i dont plan on going to any celebrations or even go to cuba after he goes.

Guest Moneyball

Short answer, yes.

Oh really, might want to check that. I guess you didn't read my post above. 15k+ were executed on the island post revolution. :thumbup

The community sets up thousands of crosses at Tamiami Park every year to remember those people.

And B4P I agree with you. The US military shouldn't get involved. The exiles here and the people living in Cuba should be the ones that get the job done.