Favorite Marlins game outside the Playoffs or WS

BobbyBowden

For me, it has to be 2003 game against the Diamondbacks in the Pro. The game matched up D-Train v. Randy Johnson. Most importantly, this was the most electrifying experience at a Marlins game since 1997. You could feel the energy in the stadium, it was amazing. Not only that, D-Train pitched a hell of a game on national television. It was the first time in a while that everyone was excited about Marlins baseball in South Florida.

So how bout the rest of you guys?

For me, it has to be 2003 game against the Diamondbacks in the Pro. The game matched up D-Train v. Randy Johnson. Most importantly, this was the most electrifying experience at a Marlins game since 1997. You could feel the energy in the stadium, it was amazing. Not only that, D-Train pitched a hell of a game on national television. It was the first time in a while that everyone was excited about Marlins baseball in South Florida.

So how bout the rest of you guys?

I went to that game.. it was great.

The middle game in Boston, 2003. Can't say a bad word ever about Mike Lowell after that.

Hee Seop Choi's homerun in his first at bat, 55,000 fans in the seats, opening day 2004. I still shiver thinking about that day. The hopes. So much glory.

There's been so many...

FAVORITE HOME GAME:

d-backs and marlins d-train and randy johnson

i remember hiding in the dugout everytime castillo came up bc i was afraid of him choping a johnson pitch at my head

also dontrelles one hitter against the mets was home

FAVORITE AWAY GAME

the game that changed the season

boston...wow what a comeback...i remember me and buddy watching it online and being like oh my god no way, and we got drunk after that

Yeah for me it was also that game in boston that we came back from a 7 run deficit. That was awsome even though I wasnt there, just watched it on TV all the Boston fans silent. And we went on to win the World Series afterwards.

I actually loved the last game of this past season...

Dontrelle going for his 23rd win, tieing it in the 7th, scoring 2 runs in the 9th on a Jeremy Hermida 2-out bomb, Josh Wilson double off the top of the Teal Tower for his 1st Major League hit, Juan Pierre walk-off dribbler through the right side, Jack McKeon retiring afterwards....All around greatness!!

Mike Lowell's 3HR game in Philly is the best game I've ever attended, other than playoff and WS games.

That game was so back and forth, plus the game tying HR off Wagner in the ninth shutting up the Philly crowd, to JP manufacturing the winning run... Just awesome, I was freezing my butt off behind the Marlins' dugout. Just awesome.

Mike Lowell's 3HR game in Philly is the best game I've ever attended, other than playoff and WS games.

That game was so back and forth, plus the game tying HR off Wagner in the ninth shutting up the Philly crowd, to JP manufacturing the winning run... Just awesome, I was freezing my butt off behind the Marlins' dugout. Just awesome.

I remember telling myself before that 9th inning....aawwww crap they put Wagner in, nobody gets runs off of him!!

I was at the Phillies series in Philly at the end of September in 2003. My fave was the 11-4 game where Conine made a great catch at the wall and then doubled off the baserunner at 2nd.

During the pre-game my dad and I told Mike Lowell and Derrek Lee that we were positive they were going to make the World Series. Lowell looked over at me as he signed the Bowman Yankees rookie card I brought along and said, "Are you sure you have the right team?"

My dad said, "Check his hat."

Lowell looked up from signing, saw my black fitted Marlins hat and a bit shocked, said, "I'm glad to see we have fans here tonight..."

We all laughed. Mike posed with me for a picture, then Derrek Lee who overheard everything and was grinning ear to ear posed for a pic as well. Not to miss out on the fun (altho probably not understanding a word), Cabs came over, signed a ball, and posed for a pic.

Great night all around...

ps..I was also at that game in Camden Yards when Kotsay gunned down 3 baserunners, 2 in the same inning...and yeah they lost the game...bullpen meltdown...go figure

My favorite game was a 12-1 win against philly june 23 2001, because thats when we had just started to turn the corner. It was the first time since 97 that were were good. Going into that series we were tied for second with philly and atlanta was like 1 or 2 games ahead and then we came out and beat philly 12-1 (Millar hit a grand slam)

Some other favs are the 2003 game vs arizona that someone mentioned and 20-1 win over the braves.

Lenny KOs Gagne.

June 29, 2005 - Marlins vs Braves.

AJ vs Ben Sheets at home in 2004, for great game value and sentimental reasons.

The Marathon in 2003 against the Cards.

So many.

a personal favorite would be in june of 2002 at philadelphia ... i was able to get the company box on the 3rd base line for the game and rounded up a bunch of friends for an end of college hurrah

was a close game that luis won with a shot over the right field wall in the mid innings ... he had a sick game that day ... AJ also pitched a complete game and was on that day as well

a great way to close out my philadelphia days and that is also the last time i've been able to see the marlins live...........

The very first time I ever saw the Marlins play was when we faced the Mets when D-Train was on the mound back in May, I remember hating BaseBall thinking it was boring but I only watched it cause my freind who is a braves fan always talks about them. Anyway, I figured I would try to get into baseball so I decided the first team I saw play would be it. Go figure, it was the Marlins. Technically it was the mets but a lot of my freinds would have hated me if I chose them (How ironic I didn't at this point).

Anyway, I guess what wowed me was D-Trains style of pitching with the leg kick and everything :lol

I saw about 2 innings of the game. Then I totally forgot about them, next day we have company over which was my uncle who turned on th Mets game. I realized we were playing them, since I did not kno Baseball layed 3 game series (I only was into Foot Ball at the time), I thought it was a repeat and he explained to me how the 3 game series thing works (even though that wasa 4 game series). Anyway, he thought it was weird I was rootin for the Marlins and told me they would not win, 1 minute later, Delgado laid out a bomb he would not forget for the day :lol (That was the very first time I ever saw anyone hit a Home Run on TV aside from the movies)

I would also have to go with the day we beat the Cubs at Wrigley 15-5, after my freind (the braves fan) laughed at em when I explained to him about the 14-0 loss, I made a bet with him the marlins would get revenge, thanks marlins for making me 20$ richer! :lol