Trade Ricky Williams to the Texans

LoriaLovesVegas

Who the hell is Dominick Davis?

Its Ricky Williams and his low salary and Texas Heisman history that I'm talking about. That alone must have the entire houston area losing their sleep thinking they can have him. Then add their favorite son in Vince Young and we can negotiate all we want.

If you honestly don't know about Domanick Davis, you lose all credibility.

The Texans don't need an RB (which is why they shouldn't take Reggie Bush), and Ricky would be more valuable next year to the 'Phins than Carr.

Next.

Who the hell is Dominick Davis?

Its Ricky Williams and his low salary and Texas Heisman history that I'm talking about. That alone must have the entire houston area losing their sleep thinking they can have him. Then add their favorite son in Vince Young and we can negotiate all we want.

If you honestly don't know about Domanick Davis, you lose all credibility.

The Texans don't need an RB (which is why they shouldn't take Reggie Bush), and Ricky would be more valuable next year to the 'Phins than Carr.

Next.

Davis won't sell 1/5 of the jerseys Ricky or Bush would sell, so yes they need a RB.

The Dolphins have 1 more year of an old and sometimes erratic quarterback in Frerrote and Carr is a solid QB who hasn't fluked like other top picks.

Jersey sales is as retarted a reason to trade for a player as the player attending college near an NFL city.

By your logic, the 'Phins should bring in Marino (jersey sales) or Dorsey (college town) to be their next QB.

They don't need to give up Ricky for a QB of the future - enough are available in the draft that can do the job and have similar potential to Carr at this point (though I do belive Carr would do very well if he had some decent linemen in front of him).

ricky and duce would work good together. Duce isnt a power back, he only had 2 TD's last year over all. He really is more of warrick Dunn type

I heard this rumor too. It was talked about in a few places like ESPN Radio and all.

Ricky +4th rounder for Carr. Lets Houston take Young and they have an all Texas Backfield. Which will help them sell and bring in the folks. Ricky can split with Davis.

Reves built a 3 headed running machine around vick he could do it in texas now with young

Reggie Bush.....he's the reason this deal won't be done.

what do they do with davis and his 4 year extension then?

He is a scat back just like Bush is gonna be.

Considering the value that we could get for Ricky I think it's best to keep him. I believe his salary isn't big at all, so it'd probably be best for the team if he stayed.

If the saints take Leinart or Young what do you guys think about in regards to going for aaron brooks

He's got raw talent, but he's not a smart player. In every game of his I've seen he's looked incompetent and made some bone-headed decisions.

Ricky maybe to the Steelers?

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (scroll down): "If the Steelers need a big running back for next season to pair with Willie Parker, the Miami Dolphins have just the man for them -- Ricky Williams."

:plain

Of course this is just wishful thinking from a Pittsburgh newspaper.

But still.

:plain

Jersey sales is as retarted a reason to trade for a player as the player attending college near an NFL city.

By your logic, the 'Phins should bring in Marino (jersey sales) or Dorsey (college town) to be their next QB.

They don't need to give up Ricky for a QB of the future - enough are available in the draft that can do the job and have similar potential to Carr at this point (though I do belive Carr would do very well if he had some decent linemen in front of him).

If we bring back Marino you will have a lot of happy fans, but we can't compare a retired HOF QB with a 22 or 23 year old out of college with lots of potential.

We cant compare Dorsey to Young. A lot of people didn't even like Dorsey when he played at UM and he isn't Miami born and raised like Vince is to Houston.

Face it, there is nobody in the draft at our picking range that can even touch Carr unless its a hidden gem like Tom Brady was. It is Leinart and Young and the rest and we can't trade up to get either of them.

If we bring back Marino you will have a lot of happy fans, but we can't compare a retired HOF QB with a 22 or 23 year old out of college with lots of potential.

We cant compare Dorsey to Young. A lot of people didn't even like Dorsey when he played at UM and he isn't Miami born and raised like Vince is to Houston.

Face it, there is nobody in the draft at our picking range that can even touch Carr unless its a hidden gem like Tom Brady was. It is Leinart and Young and the rest and we can't trade up to get either of them.

I think Ricky and a "conditional" pick to the texans for Carr is a good deal for miami. Carr is valued somewhere around a 1st to 2nd. Ricky is somewhere from a 1st to a 4th depending on who you ask. Give them ricky and a conditional pick that could be a 5th if he rushes great, and a 1st if he just quits. But would be most likely a 3-4 in next years draft.

Then do this in the draft

1st LT (Scott, McNeil, Winston) or FS (Simpson, Landry, Bing, Huff ~doubt he would fall)

2nd LT/CB/WR/OLB Nicholson/lawson/Carpenter (he will be gone most likely in the 1st)/Whitworth good LT

3rd Williams (demetrius)/ Watkins (FS FSU)/ etc..

Basically I would love Carr here. he would fit our system very well, specially if we can get a franchise LT in the 1st round of the draft. The kid is young and needs a change and chance. I think he has alot of potential and could reach it still.

Houston would be stupid to trade Carr for a 2nd round pick, or even a middle to low 1st round pick. Do you think you can offer the Giants a first round pick to get Eli Manning? No way.

If we can get Carr and then a tackle in the 1st round we would instantly be a playoff team next season. No waiting for some rookie QB to develop.

The Steelers have to draft Lendale White because he is another bus. That leaves Ricky out of that scenario.

Your two cited reasons for this trade were that Ricky (and Vince) coming home would make the fans happy and that Reggie/Ricky wouldn't sell as many jerseys as Domanick Davis, so they therefore needed a different RB. Both these reasons are incredibly stupid for making a trade if you are the Texans. In fact, the entire scenario is idiotic on the Texans' behalf, so whatever.