Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brian Moehler to start Home opener??

Featured Replies

With Vargas pithcing tonight, Willis going tomorrow, and Mitre finishing the series in NY that would leave Moehler to start the home opener??? Will Olsen be brought up to start the Opener? Thoughts? Comments?

I was kinda upset when I saw that Moe was pitching opening day. Eventhough he can be good I don't trust him. Hopefully its Olsen. :thumbup

Our only solution is to kill him...

  • Author

Our only solution is to kill him...

 

 

 

:lol :lol :lol :lol

 

olsen isnt pitching until the 15th

 

 

THAT Blows... So I guess Brian gets the nod

having johnson or nolasco start the home opener would be a better solution

  • Author

I'm not trying to be naive and ignore his last start, but it doesn't mean he is definitely going to struggle in that start too.

 

 

Very true... He tends to be horrible one night and hot the other.. Will see, Home opener some pressure, he better step it up!!

 

Brian Moehler = Darren Oliver = Al Leiter = Ismael Valdez

 

 

:thumbdown

 

 

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

olsen isnt pitching until the 15th

Well, that's when he's being called up. But since he's supposed to make a 'Burque start before that, he could reasonably just head to Miami without having made that start and get the ball for the Home Opener.

 

I hope Olsen gets the ball, personally. If not maybe Nolasco/Johnson.

Let's just hope that Moehler pitches well at home. Any pitcher could have gotten shelled in Houston.

olsen isnt pitching until the 15th

Well, that's when he's being called up. But since he's supposed to make a 'Burque start before that, he could reasonably just head to Miami without having made that start and get the ball for the Home Opener.

 

I hope Olsen gets the ball, personally. If not maybe Nolasco/Johnson.

 

true, however i dont think girardi will pull the plug on moehler after 1 start..

I saw Moehler get his first actual hit (single up the middle, 2 rbi's) last season.

 

Was awesome heh

 

 

I thought his first hit was an infield hit that he barely beat out.

  • Author

God no. I'm paying money for the home opener and I really hope they don't throw that Moehler sh*t at me.

 

 

It aint that much money..... Its not like we cant score some runs for him....

I know. I wasn't too thrilled when I saw this because of his last performance. He is really struggling right now.

 

I'd like to see a stronger option for the home opener...Nolasco perhaps?

Lets go Moe. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

 

 

 

 

I can't believed I chuckled at this. :plain :lol

 

I honestly don't care who starts the opener. As long as we fight, win or lose, I'm happy.

I think it makes sense to start a vetran for the home opener - there are bound to be nerves for the first game; hopefully Moehler will be more relaxed (and more effective) than his first start.

I think it makes sense to start a vetran for the home opener - there are bound to be nerves for the first game; hopefully Moehler will be more relaxed (and more effective) than his first start.

 

 

Sure, but I'd keep him on a very short leash if I were Girardi.

The organization owes him the Opening Day nod. After last years $60 million dollar team couldnt score any runs for him the entire first half last year he deserves a shot.

 

With that said.....short leash Joe G.......short leash.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.