Will the marlins make it to .500 at any point this year?

JetsMania

I think they'll probably win 10-12 out of the 52 series that they play in this year. So no, it's unlikely they'll see .500. They'd have to win the next 2 series, or sweep 1. I doubt this will happen. Let's stop focusing on wins. It's not healthy if you're a Marlins fan. Focus on the players improving day by day.

Guest Jack1

The Marlins are going to have trouble outscoring anyone this year. No, they will not make it to .500, they will have the worst record in baseball this year I am afraid.

runs wont be the problem

Why is that? Because on this forum, it's always the pitchers' fault!

Usually I am pretty pessimistic and they've played sh*tty the last few games, but this week offers them a good chance to get back to .500.

This week you'll also see Olsen permanently knock Moehler out of the rotation.

I think this is a better prediction than the Fish seeing .500 again this season. I still think we'll win 72-75 games. Much more than the 35-40 I've seen predicted by some of the pundits, who say we'll lose more than the 1962 Mets (120 losses).

they've played like a .500 team but have unfortunately had a few mental mistakes that have cost them some victories. by the end of the year we'll score about as many runs as we give up. the question is if and when we'll be able to eliminate some of these mental mistakes so that we start winning more 1 run games.

the great thing so far is that we've been in every game except for one and miggy hasn't hit well. as long as willy and jakey keep hitting behind miggy it is only a matter of time before cabs starts ripping the ball, too.