Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

canesfins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by canesfins

  1. His agent said 8-12 weeks, dont believe that Nerve damage is not good - might be looking at surgery. Consequences of a rookie Manager
  2. Isnt getting a closer probably the least pressing need for this team - the Marlins always get a has been make him into a present success and move on. Chances are it will be done again, maybe with Benitez.
  3. Love our offense, oh boy. The Marlins are not very goode anywhere on the field, offense or defense.
  4. The Marlins are going to have trouble outscoring anyone this year. No, they will not make it to .500, they will have the worst record in baseball this year I am afraid.
  5. canesfins replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    I doubt Wayne is jealous over anything regarding the Marlins. Wayne cannot derail any negotiations, Wayne has no influence in Hialeah. WIll you guys give up on Wayne please.
  6. Samson is such a prick, he should realise that the vast majority of the public can care less about his team, even with its 2 world championships. Alienating the Fins is not the way to attract new fans, we all know that the Dolphins rule the sporting community in South Florida. I wish that they would sell the team, the current leadership are PR nightmares.
  7. I am pretty sure that is not permitted in Florida to take land in eminent domain for private development. Eminent domain is only permitted for the public good, such as widening raods, etc.
  8. This team isnt going to score many runs, Pokey is not the savior by any means.
  9. Those who want refunds are jsut silly. You bought tickets so go to the games, because you dont approve of what the management did has no bearing on your purchase. Grow a set and either go to the games or sell your tickets at a loss.
  10. Villone is not very good, a player to be named later is what the Marlins will probably get.
  11. JP had one good year here and was very average or below average last year, anything that is considered a good prospect is a fair deal for him. The only player regarded as a potential super star who we traded are Delgado and in some minds Becket. We had a lot of high priced, decent players. Decent players are not that hard to find. The Marlins will be ok once they get to a city where they can have revenue to support a good team. You will not see a good Marlins team in South Florida unless Loria makes a deal with Huzienga.
  12. You blame the City of Miami because they didnt want the taxpayers to fund a stadium. Maybe if Loria was willing to contribute more than rent he would get a stadium. JUST SAY NO TO A TAXPAYER FUNDED STADIUM!
  13. The Marlins need an owner who will build a stadium, not one who wants to mooch off the taxpayers.
  14. Someone, I think in this thread, said that WPB had 50% of the season ticket holders, and was coroberated by someone else, this is where I get that figure from. Also, you make the argument about 3rd party landlords, well even if there was a stadium next to the OB, the Marlins would be tennants to the city, they would not own the facility. All the Marlins are promising is guaranteed rent payments, something they would have had anyway. The stadium that rumor has Huzienga is thinking of building will result in a 3rd party landlord. The Marlins are never going to own their own facility because the taxpayers wont pay for it and neither will Loria.
  15. Until these guys start talking about funding options it is all just talk.
  16. I drive from Plantation to downtown Miami every day of the week for work, and I have driven from downtown to games during the week. It can be done.
  17. I dont go to a lot of games, I go to probably half a dozen a year. I was really talking about the season ticket base. I did have the weekend plan for a couple of years a few years back.
  18. You wont find me trumpeting the tremendous fan support for the Canes, it is not there. Winning producing a 28 ranking in attendance is not really something to be proud of. Like mentiond, baseball has been breaking attendance records, so is the increase in attendance that far ahead of what baseball in general has received? There are many things to blame for Marlin attendance, I just dont think a new stadium solves most of the reasons that are there. No, I dont have a demographic chart of ticket holders, but if 50% of the season ticket holders come from Palm Beach COunty I would guarantee you that the vast majority of these are not latin. Most of the latin population lives in SW Miami-Dade. The Stadium is in NW Miami-Dade. Driving northbound is hell. That's one of the reasons they wanted to move the stadium down south. Another excuse, its in the same county.
  19. You wont find me trumpeting the tremendous fan support for the Canes, it is not there. Winning producing a 28 ranking in attendance is not really something to be proud of. Like mentiond, baseball has been breaking attendance records, so is the increase in attendance that far ahead of what baseball in general has received? There are many things to blame for Marlin attendance, I just dont think a new stadium solves most of the reasons that are there. No, I dont have a demographic chart of ticket holders, but if 50% of the season ticket holders come from Palm Beach COunty I would guarantee you that the vast majority of these are not latin.
  20. My point is that I dont think that a stadium will do anything for attendance, it might as you say help with revenues, but I dont think that transalates into higher attendance (at least to a level that matters), even if they win more games. As much as people want this to be a baseball town, it just is not. The latin market is overplayed as in general, the latin market does not show up to games with the same volume as other demographics in south Florida.
  21. The fans have as much to do with the Marlins situation is the awful lease that they are a party to, that is all I am saying. And I for one dont believe that a new stadium will change anything, I do admit that I might be wrong with that belief. As long as the taxpayers are not asked to cough up the money then I am fine with whatever they want to do with a stadium.
  22. Then why do the fans not come to playoff games when the team is good. The Marlin fans are pathetic, and being 28th in attendance is nothing to brag about. Whatever happens with the stadium, the Marlins probably will never draw.
  23. I dont think MLB will contract a team that has won 2 world series. There are markets out there that will support this baseball team, even if ours doesnt.
  24. How many jobs will the Marlins new stadium bring in addition to what they are providing now? It is usually the local governments that give consessions to corpoations to come to that county, I think that is what Miami-Dade did. It is not commmon for state governments to do so, and it shouldnt happen with the Marlins. You guys are just poor losers. I want the Marlins to stay as bad as the next guy, but not at my expense, and obviously the majority of the population thinks that way as the Marlins could not get a sales tax increase to pay for the stadium. Say bye bye to the Marlins because Loria is too cheap. PS - the money Loria was putting up was in the form of guaranteed rents, wouldnt the Marlins have to pay rent anyway for the stadium on county land? Loria was not coming out of pocket one single dollar.
  25. You are right on, they should figure out a pricing strategy to pay for any stadium themselves, but because they want to take from the community they will not get what they want. Its about time a community stood up to the sports teams that demand stadiums.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.