Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ron Villone.

Featured Replies

I heard that back to Seattle was a possibility, what do you guys think will be his destination? Are we stuck with him since we didn't include him in any other trade?

seattle with a pitching spec for Jeremy Reed

 

I think that's a bit of a reach.

 

it is unless it is a solid pitching spec.

 

I could see him and pettit nabbing reed perhaps?

 

a top 50 BA prospect perhaps.

Villone is not very good, a player to be named later is what the Marlins will probably get.

 

And to think, we gave up two pretty good prospects to get him.

When do LH relievers have the most value? At the trade deadline...

 

I say we wait until midseason to trade him..

When do LH relievers have the most value? At the trade deadline...

 

I say we wait until midseason to trade him..

 

except it'll cost us $1M for the 1/2 a season of him

 

he'll be purged before the season.

When do LH relievers have the most value? At the trade deadline...

 

I say we wait until midseason to trade him..

 

 

If he has a good first half...that's a big if...

Villone is not very good, a player to be named later is what the Marlins will probably get.

 

And to think, we gave up two pretty good prospects to get him.

Bazardo and who else?

Villone is not very good, a player to be named later is what the Marlins will probably get.

 

And to think, we gave up two pretty good prospects to get him.

Bazardo and who else?

Flannery, I believe.

The value in trading Ron Villione is he is no longer on the team. Trade him for a bag of baseballs, that will probably be all we can get for him after his amazing performances as a Marlin

The value in trading Ron Villione is he is no longer on the team. Trade him for a bag of baseballs, that will probably be all we can get for him after his amazing performances as a Marlin

 

 

AGREE! The guys plain out STINKS! Trade him for a new batboy!

seattle with a pitching spec for Jeremy Reed

 

I think that's a bit of a reach.

 

it is unless it is a solid pitching spec.

 

I could see him and pettit nabbing reed perhaps?

 

a top 50 BA prospect perhaps.

Villone and Petit for Reed? Hmm....they might consider that, but I don't know what their need is.

 

Villone and Pinto would be great :mischief

seattle with a pitching spec for Jeremy Reed

 

I think that's a bit of a reach.

 

it is unless it is a solid pitching spec.

 

I could see him and pettit nabbing reed perhaps?

 

a top 50 BA prospect perhaps.

Villone and Petit for Reed? Hmm....they might consider that, but I don't know what their need is.

 

Villone and Pinto would be great :mischief

 

My dad had a Ford Pinto in the '70s. He traded it in after 3 months for 1/10th of the price paid for it. Hopefulley that won't happen with this Pinto.

Well ya I guess when you gague him for his value in the Pierre trade, you have a point. But anyway, I was looking at Reed's numbers. He strikes out a lot--don't think he would make a good leadoff hitter----if that's how you guys would want him, anyway.

I wasn't very clear. I meant to say that if we could spin him off with Villone to get Reed that would be fantastic. We should trade him before he loses value, unless the front office sees enough potential in him that a few years' experience would increase his value.

I wasn't very clear. I meant to say that if we could spin him off with Villone to get Reed that would be fantastic. We should trade him before he loses value, unless the front office sees enough potential in him that a few years' experience would increase his value.

 

OH it sounded like you didn't want to spin him off so quickly because he isn't as valuable yet. :mischief2

 

 

Anyway, ok then.

 

From what I've heard, Pinto has teh best stuff of Mitre and Nolasco, but last year was a downer and his control is iffy. I don't know whether he can rebound this year, but with all the pitching we have, might as well get some value out of them.

I was just making a bad play on words. Don't confuse yourself anymore than necessary.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.