Governor's Remarks

CapeFish

He certainly didn't leave with a feeling he was going to do much to help.

Why would anyone expect him to finally do something after 7 years on the job

Sorry but Jeb has done nothing to show me he cares about anyone or anything but his friends since he took office.

LOOK at his EYES during that interview...there're all over the place. That clown could care less about South Florida or the Marlins.

I dont understand why you think the state should help out with this stadium. If Loria wants a stadium HE should build it. Its not like Florida as a state, and south Florida counties dont have enough bills after the hurricanes. I have no pitty for the Marlins and their stadium ordeal, they should find a way to build it themselves. They can dump payroll but they cant find $30 million towards the stadium to get it done. Sorry, Jeb is dead on, state should provide NOTHING.

I dont understand why you think the state should help out with this stadium. If Loria wants a stadium HE should build it. Its not like Florida as a state, and south Florida counties dont have enough bills after the hurricanes. I have no pitty for the Marlins and their stadium ordeal, they should find a way to build it themselves. They can dump payroll but they cant find $30 million towards the stadium to get it done. Sorry, Jeb is dead on, state should provide NOTHING.

Look, you don't like the Marlins. Fine. Just be up front about it. Your loser Dolphins haven't even sniffed a championship in your lifetime, yet you support them over a team that has done nothing but win in their short history here? Please.

Look, you don't like the Marlins. Fine. Just be up front about it. Your loser Dolphins haven't even sniffed a championship in your lifetime, yet you support them over a team that has done nothing but win in their short history here? Please.

You are a joke, do you go around asking people for handouts as well. Joe Robbie built HIS stadium. At least the FIns did it the right way. I like the Marlins, I admit I am not a bit baseball fan in general, but I am speaking objectively, forget about state and county funds, they want a stadium let them build it themselves. You dont know me from Adam so what right do you have to attack me.

You are a joke, do you go around asking people for handouts as well. Joe Robbie built HIS stadium. At least the FIns did it the right way. I like the Marlins, I admit I am not a bit baseball fan in general, but I am speaking objectively, forget about state and county funds, they want a stadium let them build it themselves. You dont know me from Adam so what right do you have to attack me.

I listened to Dan's show today and someone called in with something I didn't know but so true and it isn't talked about. Did you know that cities and states give away millions of tax dollars to corporations to relocate or stay to there city or state. There millionaires no billionaires why do they need cities and states to give them millions of tax dollars. Do they effect you directly? but again they aren't made public and of course we know why

Well, I knew you enough to know that you weren't a baseball fan but love the Dolphins, didn't I? Bet it really ticks you off to have that infield during Dolphin games in September.

You ignore the reality of the situation. Loria offered to pony up the 4th highest contribution for a new baseball stadium in history, reportedly between 200-212 million dollars. There's only ONE new baseball stadium built solely with private $$$, and that's SBC Park in San Francisco, built with dot.com bubble money. Your suggestion to "let them build it themselves" is out of whack with reality.

Now, go back to your 3-6 hapless Dolphins with no hope of contending and no Super Bowl appearances in 20 years. Bye now.

Well, I knew you enough to know that you weren't a baseball fan but love the Dolphins, didn't I? Bet it really ticks you off to have that infield during Dolphin games in September.

You ignore the reality of the situation. Loria offered to pony up the 4th highest contribution for a new baseball stadium in history, reportedly between 200-212 million dollars. There's only ONE new baseball stadium built solely with private $$$, and that's SBC Park in San Francisco, built with dot.com bubble money. Your suggestion to "let them build it themselves" is out of whack with reality.

Now, go back to your 3-6 hapless Dolphins with no hope of contending and no Super Bowl appearances in 20 years. Bye now.

THIS MAN IS WISE! You said it perfect man!!! Loria is a real owner willing to build stuff unlike Wayne! they satill owe taxes on Dolphins stadium! The florida government is a piece of sh*T!

I'm a huge marlins fan and I think the state should not have to fund this stadium. It's idiotic that people here are makign baseless claims about our state government, only b/c they ddint use tax money to fund a private stadium for a private business. Sorry but corporate welfare isn't the way to go no matter how much i love the marlins. Peronally i wanted the stadium funded so the marlins can stay. Furthermore Jeb isnt a lame duck governor, lame duck means the new governor has already been elected and the sittign governor has a few more months before the new one steps into office.

I'm a huge marlins fan and I think the state should not have to fund this stadium. It's idiotic that people here are makign baseless claims about our state government, only b/c they ddint use tax money to fund a private stadium for a private business. Sorry but corporate welfare isn't the way to go no matter how much i love the marlins. Peronally i wanted the stadium funded so the marlins can stay. Furthermore Jeb isnt a lame duck governor, lame duck means the new governor has already been elected and the sittign governor has a few more months before the new one steps into office.

By that logic, the State of Florida should NEVER promise tax breaks and other inducements to any private company who's looking to stay in Florida or move to Florida. That's not reality. If Florida had any Fortune 50 businesses who threatened to leave and move to another state, you can bet that Florida would manage to offer up some orporate "welfare" to induce them to stay.