Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I love our offense so far this year

Featured Replies

I know it's early, but I like how the youngins' bounce back after a drubbing. Too bad it's not on FSN tonight. Now if we can start winning some of those one-run games...

Love our offense, oh boy. The Marlins are not very goode anywhere on the field, offense or defense.

Love our offense, oh boy. The Marlins are not very goode anywhere on the field, offense or defense.

 

 

Hanley Ramirez, Scott Olsen, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Hermida, Dontrelle Willis and others would probably beg to differ.

Seems like there was someone left out. :mischief2

Love our offense, oh boy. The Marlins are not very goode anywhere on the field, offense or defense.

 

 

Hanley Ramirez, Scott Olsen, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Hermida, Dontrelle Willis and others would probably beg to differ.

Seems like there was someone left out. :mischief2

 

I just didn't feel like typing out anymore names. Add any name you want.

Yes it's very promising to see guys producing already.

 

You've already got Cabrera anchoring the lineup. Add to that Hanley and Willingham who in their very first seasons are looking fantastic.

 

Dan Uggla has been better than expected, and with some more experience, who knows, he could wind up sticking around long term. (still early obviously)

 

I think the jury's still out on Mike Jacobs, but the power's certainly there. Hermida already was showing the patience that will make him a solid hitter.

 

Even Miguel Olivo, who I didn't expect to hit at all, is starting to swing the bat better.

 

All we're really missing is a center fielder, and there's plenty of time.

Yes it's very promising to see guys producing already.

 

You've already got Cabrera anchoring the lineup. Add to that Hanley and Willingham who in their FIRST season are looking fantastic.

 

Dan Uggla has been better than expected, and with some more experience, who knows, he could wind up sticking around long term.

 

I think the jury's still out on Mike Jacobs, but the power's certainly there. Hermida already was showing the patience that will make him a solid hitter.

 

Even Miguel Olivo, who I didn't expect to hit at all, is starting to swing the bat better.

 

All we're really missing is a center fielder, and there's plenty of time.

 

True. but we are very inconsistent but that is to be expected with rookies.

We obviously have soem good elements on offense, but we don't really have the order to be consistent. The starting pitching has to be consistent enough to give these guys a chance, and it hasn't yet. Defense has been a problem too, but that will improve.

The offense is either hot or cold so far, much like in 2005. I'll be happy when we start hitting consistently.

 

The two most glaring errors that Girardi and the coaching staff need to address are:

1) Baserunning blunders...we must lead the majors by a large margin

2) Walks....probably lead in this category as well. (Just checked, we're 5th in the majors in BBs.)

The baserunning is dead on, that needs to be worked on alot. I love that their aggresive but being too much of that will cost u alot, and they just aren't thinking things through. Its cost us some runs when we really needed them. Another thing that needs to be worked on is bouncing back after an error has been made, its becoming more mental then anything. Overcoming that will be one huge hurdle not to worry about anymore.

Yeah the offense has been inconsistent but they have faced some tough pitchers this season.

 

Im definately happy with the talent on the team. Now they have to learn while becoming veterans.

Im watching the archive marlins game right now, Its the first time I have ever watched a game without any commentators, all you can hear is the crowd, the the big screen, and the ball hitting the bat, very real. And yaw, I like our offence.

  • Author

Is that on mlb.tv? Is it a license issue with why the announcers are not on there?

 

I saw Gammons talking about Hanley on Baseball Tonight last night. That was cool. His homers carried pretty well.

We obviously have soem good elements on offense, but we don't really have the order to be consistent. The starting pitching has to be consistent enough to give these guys a chance, and it hasn't yet. Defense has been a problem too, but that will improve.

 

 

Well, once Girardi has the sense to remove Moehler from the rotation, things will be looking better.

 

I still wonder why Moehler was just automatically slated into the starting rotation. His stuff is non-existent, and his second half of last season was atrocious. I'd rather give that rotation spot to a promising starter by the name of Johnson.

Is that on mlb.tv? Is it a license issue with why the announcers are not on there?

 

I saw Gammons talking about Hanley on Baseball Tonight last night. That was cool. His homers carried pretty well.

 

 

Yes, it was on MLB tv. The commentators came in after inning number 3, very odd.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.