Does anyone here like any music besides "hiphop"?

blueclamchowder

Of course. It's just the hip hop contingent are the one's who primarily post on music.

I'm going to be honest, though, the music scene of the last couple of years has sucked. Soulless, corporate bitches who sold their soul to Satan and are now only getting recording contract based on looks and not on talent.

Of course. It's just the hip hop contingent are the one's who primarily post on music.

I'm going to be honest, though, the music scene of the last couple of years has sucked. Soulless, corporate bitches who sold their soul to Satan and are now only getting recording contract based on looks and not on talent.

you gotta look for good music and not rely on the radio and mtv its out there just dont expect it to be handed to you.

^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ Apr 22 2006, 12:41 PM) 1117704[/snapback]

you gotta look for good music and not rely on the radio and mtv its out there just dont expect it to be handed to you.

Exactly. There is a tremendous ammount of good music out right now.

^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ Apr 22 2006, 1:41 PM) 1117704[/snapback]

No sh*t.

I just like the late 70's, early 80's stuff a lot more. I mean, I understand there's good stuff out there. And you do have to look. I like a couple current bands. However, during my parents generation it wasn't emberassing to say you listened to pop music.

But, still 90% of radio play sucks. I don't watch Mtv so that's not the problem.

And it's been awhile since I've heard a really good full album from anybody. I just think the industry isn't geared for that anymore. Where someone does a complete album. It's all about getting those hits on there and then going through the motions the rest of the album (some do it better than others).

Guest Guest

I actually dont like hip hop at all. Punk rock and classic rock is where it's at. Country is good too, but it should be...thats what 99% of the radio stations where I live play.

Guest Juanky

And it's been awhile since I've heard a really good full album from anybody. I just think the industry isn't geared for that anymore. Where someone does a complete album. It's all about getting those hits on there and then going through the motions the rest of the album (some do it better than others).

Between last March and now there have been a solid number of top to bottom albums released, just most of them are not mainstream acts (yet). Coheed and Cambria, The Mars Volta, and Avenged Sevenfold among others all released great albums last year that don't get much radio time if at all. I listened to an album today by the Flaming Lips called At War with the Mystics that's absolutely really f***ing good.

Between last March and now there have been a solid number of top to bottom albums released, just most of them are not mainstream acts (yet). Coheed and Cambria, The Mars Volta, and Avenged Sevenfold among others all released great albums last year that don't get much radio time if at all. I listened to an album today by the Flaming Lips called At War with the Mystics that's absolutely really f***ing good.

I'm getting the Flaming Lips album as soon as I have two nickels to rub together.

just about all rock for me... none of that emopunk wanna be "OMG WHY" bands who all seem to hjave the exact same voice and get most of the airtime either.

Also dont like when bands get to the point when they go screaming their heads off.. besides that.. most rock.

Yeah, growing up listening to the Ramones, Misfits and Iggy Pop and then hearing people like Avril Lavigne refer to herself as "punk," and Blink 182... It makes me sick.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.